Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ee-ling

Ee-ling's 4a Resale

Hello everybody,

I've been reading this forum for sometime and gaining lotsa information from all the kind folks here.

Me and fiancee going for a 4A resale somewhere in central north as our love nest, waiting for first appt in late April.

Already been doing paper planning and thought of setting a t blog here to share with you guys and also to seek opinions.

For a start, here is the original floorplan. Its 104 sqm.

Floorplan.jpg

We plan to keep the reno simple with the emphasis of maintenance free. Hence, minimal hacking and built-in stuffs.

This is our current configuration from floorplanner:

Floorplanner8.jpg

While waiting for the first appt in late April, shortlisting contractor/ID and plan to start work hopefully in June.

Do give your comments and opinions of my floorplan and share how you might have plan it. All comments are welcome!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yup, don't need to hack any walls. The current layout looks good. It's big for a 4 room!

:)

The 2 bedrooms are small though. The kitchen is also small, due to the service balcony. We don't want to integrate the service balcony though.

I'm having a problem with the kitchen. Its small at 3m by 3m. How can i create more storage/cabinet spaces? I think the position of the 2 doors does not help. I'm thinking of shifting the position of the door as shown below. I like the idea of having a bartop.

Kitchen1.jpg

Any ideas how I can create more cabinet spaces?

Welcome to Renotalk! We are having first appointment in the same month!

your 4A is big wor, my 4 room is only 90sqf...ENVY!

Hi, you mean yours is 90 sqm?

104sqm is quite standard for old 4-roomers mah.

Latest change in plan.

Going to rotate the storeroom so that there is more space at the main door entrance to create some kind of foyer and space for shoe rack.

Floorplanner10.jpg

samgalz...maybe ur 4 room become 90sqf only when you step in??? :unsure:

ahahaha...kidding! :bleah:

Ee-ling, its a rather unique 4 room layout u got there. I've only seen this layout in 5 rooms.

u can have a 1.7m tub! :dribble: MBR bath can do open concept nia..So can the kitchen!

but too bad u not gna integrate the svc balcony with the kitchen. for that size, can do many services in the svc balcony wor.. :lol:

btw, no windows in the kitchen ah??

Ee-ling, its a rather unique 4 room layout u got there. I've only seen this layout in 5 rooms.

u can have a 1.7m tub! :dribble: MBR bath can do open concept nia..So can the kitchen!

but too bad u not gna integrate the svc balcony with the kitchen. for that size, can do many services in the svc balcony wor.. :lol:

Aiyo, El gor gor...i typo error lah. like that aso can dig me :(

u trying to make all bathtub converts ah....:D

Hi El Nino,

We are not into having a bathtub so definitely will not have one.

What do u mean by mbr bath open concept? Surely the shower and wc area must be walled up right? So expose the basin?

There is a window at the wall between the service balcony and kitchen, just besides the door. But i thought of removing that to lessen the maintenance.