Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baby81984

3-room Resale In The West

Finally, painting and touch up works are 95% done. Left one patch to go, which will be done by this week. They have also finally removed the hangers for bamboo poles after we told them to do so for 6 (SIX) times. duh...

Will confirm carpentry on Sunday. Should be getting "no-brand" soft close drawer runners for our drawers as blum's runners costs twice as much. :)

Will also start electrical works on Sunday. Will have to run through electrical plan again to confirm.

Outstanding works (in order):

1. Confirm electrical works (will need 1 month as he can only work on weekends)

2. Confirm capentry for kitchen cabinets (will need 2 weeks to do, 1 day to install)

3. Acid wash on 13 April 2010 --> confirmed, by Designer House

4. Install door grilles and window grilles on 21 April 2010 (wed).

5. Install air con by 25 April 2010 --> yet to buy!

5. Install kitchen cabinets by 25 April 2010.

6. Spray paint of toilet and kitchen on 28 April 2010 (wed) --> from Faith Coat. (to let it set for a few days)

7. Install shower screen and shower accessories and sink by 5 May 2010 (wed). --> by Designer House

8. Handover by Designer House. --> date to be confirmed

9. Completion of electrical works

10. Lay Robina Laminates.

After that, take a fews days to spend some time together watching movies, drinking coffee, relaxing instead of shopping for toilet bowls, visiting hardware shops and looking for furniture!!

Edited by gimz63251073

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey, gimz, you need to confirm your aircon ASAP. For popular aircon providers like Gain City, you need almost 3-4 weeks for installation.

Finally, painting and touch up works are 95% done. Left one patch to go, which will be done by this week. They have also finally removed the hangers for bamboo poles after we told them to do so for 6 (SIX) times. duh...

Will confirm carpentry on Sunday. Should be getting "no-brand" soft close drawer runners for our drawers as blum's runners costs twice as much. :)

Will also start electrical works on Sunday. Will have to run through electrical plan again to confirm.

Outstanding works (in order):

1. Confirm electrical works (will need 1 month as he can only work on weekends)

2. Confirm capentry for kitchen cabinets (will need 2 weeks to do, 1 day to install)

3. Acid wash on 13 April 2010 --> confirmed, by Designer House

4. Install door grilles and window grilles on 21 April 2010 (wed).

5. Install air con by 25 April 2010 --> yet to buy!

5. Install kitchen cabinets by 25 April 2010.

6. Spray paint of toilet and kitchen on 28 April 2010 (wed) --> from Faith Coat. (to let it set for a few days)

7. Install shower screen and shower accessories and sink by 5 May 2010 (wed). --> by Designer House

8. Handover by Designer House. --> date to be confirmed

9. Completion of electrical works

10. Lay Robina Laminates.

After that, take a fews days to spend some time together watching movies, drinking coffee, relaxing instead of shopping for toilet bowls, visiting hardware shops and looking for furniture!!

hi gimz, mind telling where u getting the no brand softclosing drawer runners?

hey gimz! just realised you and your wife have alot of numbers in your username..lol..

which carpenter are you using?

i duno about hers, but mine used to be my icq number... :P the good old days..

its recommended by my friends, they had their kitchen done up by him.

A nice uncle, very detailed and keep asking us not to take stainless steel top as it is expensive.. haha.

He also quite up to date one, knows how to do all the blum soft closing things as well. Price is good also, direct carpenter mah.

Shall recommend if he is good. :)

ngunadi,

yeah, went to gain city that day, told me they fully booked till end of month. But i strongly suspect we can test water to make them deliver n install early...heee. Might be getting from other sources also.

Samgalz,

there is a blum retailer at Upper Bukit Timah road, can't recall the name offhand. They have a "no-brand" China made soft close which he sells at $20plus compare to blum at $40plus. Price is before bargaining, not sure if can bargain though. :)

The guy at the retailer was saying he using the China one in his drawer now (demo to me), say a few years le, still ok la. As i would have 5 drawers in my kitchen, using cheaper ones would probably save me like $100.

On a side note, my carpenter says he has "normal" soft close as well, which he says will cost me $30plus. His blum costs $60plus. So probably will buy myself from the store and ask him to install for me. Will have to confirm with him on Sunday.

i duno about hers, but mine used to be my icq number... :P the good old days..

its recommended by my friends, they had their kitchen done up by him.

A nice uncle, very detailed and keep asking us not to take stainless steel top as it is expensive.. haha.

He also quite up to date one, knows how to do all the blum soft closing things as well. Price is good also, direct carpenter mah.

Shall recommend if he is good. :)

wow!! you still can remember your icq number... :jawdrop:

didn't know you all also wanted s/steel top..ok shall look forward to more updates on your kitchen cabinet..good luck!

ngunadi,

yeah, went to gain city that day, told me they fully booked till end of month. But i strongly suspect we can test water to make them deliver n install early...heee. Might be getting from other sources also.

I did that. But it's not easy to request for early installation date. Need to keep pestering them. I managed to have it 5-6 days earlier and on Saturday also :D

ngunadi,

Samgalz,

there is a blum retailer at Upper Bukit Timah road, can't recall the name offhand. They have a "no-brand" China made soft close which he sells at $20plus compare to blum at $40plus. Price is before bargaining, not sure if can bargain though. :)

The guy at the retailer was saying he using the China one in his drawer now (demo to me), say a few years le, still ok la. As i would have 5 drawers in my kitchen, using cheaper ones would probably save me like $100.

On a side note, my carpenter says he has "normal" soft close as well, which he says will cost me $30plus. His blum costs $60plus. So probably will buy myself from the store and ask him to install for me. Will have to confirm with him on Sunday.

thanks, my contractor is quoting me $100 per blum drawer and I'm thinking whether is it cheaper to get the runners and get him to do the drawers..... cos i intend to hv quite a bit of drawers at my lower cabinets... :(

ilithfiend,

the nick is my email account as well, set up long time ago de. now i sound so old...

ngunadi,

i hope so too, have to confirm by this week it seems. Already narrow down to 2 brands, still wondering if there is any catch to the gain city's extended warranty. Like have to sign up for servicing contracts, etc..

samgalz,

your contractor charge you $100 for blum runners or blum drawers? The runners that is sold seperately can only be used for wooden drawers provided by ur contractor. So you cannot upgrade to the metal kind of drawers which has the blum word at the side. Nor can the blum accessories fit in. I visited the blum retailer and he kindly explained it to me. :) If have deeper pockets can get the whole blum drawers, really nice looking. But too bad, even blum runners are out of budget for me already.

If you are charged $100 for blum runners alone, its really better for you to buy for them to install. can save alot, probably like $40 per set! But of cos have to negotiate with the contractor since it means he earns less.

samgalz,

your contractor charge you $100 for blum runners or blum drawers? The runners that is sold seperately can only be used for wooden drawers provided by ur contractor. So you cannot upgrade to the metal kind of drawers which has the blum word at the side. Nor can the blum accessories fit in. I visited the blum retailer and he kindly explained it to me. :) If have deeper pockets can get the whole blum drawers, really nice looking. But too bad, even blum runners are out of budget for me already.

If you are charged $100 for blum runners alone, its really better for you to buy for them to install. can save alot, probably like $40 per set! But of cos have to negotiate with the contractor since it means he earns less.

$100 for the drawer with blum word at the side. is that cheap or expensive? :unsure:

hmm $100 for that, depends. Different sizes and series got different prices. they have like so many kinds of designs, inner drawers, full extension, blah blah... Stainless steel drawers are the most expensive i recall. Its better to confirm the layout and drawer size, then ask your ID on the exact pricing.

also try to get hold of a pricelist to compare. i gotten one when i visited the blum showroom @ ubi. :)

hmm $100 for that, depends. Different sizes and series got different prices. they have like so many kinds of designs, inner drawers, full extension, blah blah... Stainless steel drawers are the most expensive i recall. Its better to confirm the layout and drawer size, then ask your ID on the exact pricing.

also try to get hold of a pricelist to compare. i gotten one when i visited the blum showroom @ ubi. :)

ic...will take note.my contractor did say that if we are able to find cheaper we can buy and he install. he's pretty cool about that :good:

i thought the prices at blum itself is more ex than it's retailers. i saw in someone's post previously. :dunno:

posted some prices from the catalogue for you to see. :)

hope it helps.

wow, ur contractor quite good! :)

when i was at the retailer, he kept refering to the blum price list when quoting me. Got people manage to get a discount? hmm but i shall try out the cheap ones to see, i don't need drawers that last a lifetime anyway. Just need something lasting enough for 10years.

posted some prices from the catalogue for you to see. :)

hope it helps.

wow, ur contractor quite good! :)

when i was at the retailer, he kept refering to the blum price list when quoting me. Got people manage to get a discount? hmm but i shall try out the cheap ones to see, i don't need drawers that last a lifetime anyway. Just need something lasting enough for 10years.

could you email me a copy of the price list cos i may not be able to go down to the showroom with my hubby's erratic work hours for these couple of months. i shall PM u my email.

Thanks in advance.