Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lcohol

Outdoor Movie Theater And Speakers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Am planning to installed 1 set for my garden.

Anybody have any knowledge or contact for a outdoor projector and outdoor speakers?

I think Bose has outdoor speakers. Saw it in their brochure. They have showrooms at Junction 8 and Millenia Walk. You can check with them.

Am planning to installed 1 set for my garden.

Anybody have any knowledge or contact for a outdoor projector and outdoor speakers?

I don't have the contact but I think you can check with BOSE or some other Hi Fi system distributor. Check out this link. http://hd.sony-asia.com/products.php?cid=H...twork#/products

Your plan is really cool. Do update us on your outdoor projector and speakers installation.

Cheers!

Edited by leechaorui

I don't have the contact but I think you can check with BOSE or some other Hi Fi system distributor. Check out this link. http://hd.sony-asia.com/products.php?cid=H...twork#/products

Your plan is really cool. Do update us on your outdoor projector and speakers installation.

Cheers!

Honestly, I feel that Bose products are overpriced and outdoor weather-proof system don't sound very good. For my own garden, I used normal speakers encased in water-proof casing. I make sure that rain water don't get in. It lasted me more than 5 years already.

B O S E =

Buy

Other

Sound

Equipment

BOSE not very good? Was thinking of getting their lifestyle 38 and use it in my living room, music room and dining area cos it can accommodate up to 14 zones. Any similar system that is good? Prefer small wall mounted speakers.

Thanks.

BOSE not very good? Was thinking of getting their lifestyle 38 and use it in my living room, music room and dining area cos it can accommodate up to 14 zones. Any similar system that is good? Prefer small wall mounted speakers.

Thanks.

Ask yourself whether you want to have elevator music for all the key rooms in your house? Is this the only plus point for a home thearter?

1stly the price youre paying is inferior to the quality you'll be getting. 2ndly, Bose still cannot stream HD digital sound. Yes Im talking about lifestyle 38.

Finally, do listen to other brands & set up & make that comparison. You will be aghast at the premium youre paying for a BOSE that uses Jurassic technology.

Cheers

Hop over to The Adelphi (opposite Funan center), drop by a few shops and have a listen to what they have. There are worlds of options beyond Bose. Cheaper and much better sound.

Alternatively, hop over to www.xtremeplace.com forum to chat with other home theatre enthusiasts in Singapore.

After many weeks of research, just to share my findings:-

I plan to purchase a ultra-short throw projector with can generate a 60" screen from just 60cm away from the wall. This way my project can be ceiling mounted indoor. A white plain roller blind from ikea will be used as the screen. When i need it, i just have to roll the blind down. Neater and cheaper this way. Outdoor speakers are a challenge due to the high pricing. I will just have to do without sound surround i guess. A simple 2.1 wall/ceiling mount speaker system with DVD player player will be more cost friendly.

For those who are interested in outdoor theater, can visit the below forum. These guys are crazy!

http://backyardtheater.com/

Honestly, I feel that Bose products are overpriced and outdoor weather-proof system don't sound very good. For my own garden, I used normal speakers encased in water-proof casing. I make sure that rain water don't get in. It lasted me more than 5 years already.

Hi, if you encased the speakers in a water-proof casing, how will the sound come out then? Wont the sound be capsule?

Ask yourself whether you want to have elevator music for all the key rooms in your house? Is this the only plus point for a home thearter?

1stly the price youre paying is inferior to the quality you'll be getting. 2ndly, Bose still cannot stream HD digital sound. Yes Im talking about lifestyle 38.

Finally, do listen to other brands & set up & make that comparison. You will be aghast at the premium youre paying for a BOSE that uses Jurassic technology.

Cheers

Thanks for the valuable insight. Am clueless when it comes to speakers and sound system. Any suggestion of brands i can check out? Sorry, didnt understand what you mean by elevator music for the all the rooms. I thought they can play different songs at different zones.

Hop over to The Adelphi (opposite Funan center), drop by a few shops and have a listen to what they have. There are worlds of options beyond Bose. Cheaper and much better sound.

Alternatively, hop over to www.xtremeplace.com forum to chat with other home theatre enthusiasts in Singapore.

Will drop by The Adelphi and check out the forum. Thanks for the advise.