Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jeffcraze

Our Love Nest In Simei

Is vinyl more resistant to scratches than laminate? I was orignally considering vinyl flooring but was concerned if the cat scratches the floor or if you drag furniture or drop something and accidently create a hole..

I think it is more resistant ba.. :) Jaskel used his car key to scratch the sample but no scratches appeared.. Maybe jaskel can answer this better.. ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

car keys should not scratch on laminated flooring as well.... at least on those i enquired...like pergo, robina and supreme. which are not high end stuff

is the flooring in stripes like laminated flooring? looks nice!

Ha.. save a bundle liao.. can buy more things for the hse loh.. Ha.. :P

Love to go see how it feels and looks like.. Ha.. keep a sample leh.. wanna see how it looks like before putting on the floor.. so next tm can just peel off and replace if a piece is damaged in the future?

Much more easier to replace than laminate flooring.

Is vinyl more resistant to scratches than laminate? I was orignally considering vinyl flooring but was concerned if the cat scratches the floor or if you drag furniture or drop something and accidently create a hole..

Hard to said is it more resistant to scratches than laminate cos no one have test and compare it b4, if homo tiles can be scratch also, what is vinyl and laminate flooring. If laminate was to scratched or damage, house owner can replace themselves? Whereas vinyl flooring, house owners can replace themselves. I did try with dropping a hammer before from shoulder level, it didn't create a hole, but it do cause a small dent, not very noticeable if the colour is dark.

But 1 thing for sure is more water resistant than laminate flooring, especially at bathroom entrance, at least its won't rot like wood. No hollow feeling. More termite resistant also.

Edited by jaskel

car keys should not scratch on laminated flooring as well.... at least on those i enquired...like pergo, robina and supreme. which are not high end stuff

is the flooring in stripes like laminated flooring? looks nice!

Car keys of course cant scratch on laminated flooring cos they are all round edges. Try using house keys with those sharp edges. And that was what I used to test on the resistant of scratches for the vinyl flooring. Maybe I not a saleperson who said this is good use this or that is better use that becos of the profit margin, I prefer to bring the product and let the house owner test it themselves or see it themselves and decide what they prefer.

Yes, the flooring stripes is like laminate flooring.

Some photos updates from last week's works, courtesy of jaskel.. :D

Common toilet with accessories from Ikea installed

Commontoilet4.jpg

Commontoilet5.jpg

MBR toilet with accessories installed

MBRtoilet.jpg

Showing... The ugly aircon trunkings.. :(

MBR where we try to lessen the trunkings as much as possible

MBR5.jpg

Bedroom 2 where most of the trunkings are

Studyroom3.jpg

Bedroom 3 with the cornice hacked and left with a big hole above the air-con

Corridorbedroom3.jpg

Showing... The ugly aircon trunkings.. :(

MBR where we try to lessen the trunkings as much as possible

MBR5.jpg

hey jeffcraze, this wall is not plastered yet?

Welcome to Simei... jeffcraze!

wah going to be done liao leh. nice!

*Sidetrack* erhm jaskel you're in the vicinity ah. lol

Ya...

Car keys of course cant scratch on laminated flooring cos they are all round edges. Try using house keys with those sharp edges. And that was what I used to test on the resistant of scratches for the vinyl flooring. Maybe I not a saleperson who said this is good use this or that is better use that becos of the profit margin, I prefer to bring the product and let the house owner test it themselves or see it themselves and decide what they prefer.

Yes, the flooring stripes is like laminate flooring.

yeah i tried all my keys on laminates, no impact. In the end i took a sharp scissors to stab it...haha..thats when i got a stare from wifey.

those that i see in people's house was those one big piece kind, where one part will pop up after some time. stripes are so much better. maybe i might do it in the future. :)

yeah i tried all my keys on laminates, no impact. In the end i took a sharp scissors to stab it...haha..thats when i got a stare from wifey.

those that i see in people's house was those one big piece kind, where one part will pop up after some time. stripes are so much better. maybe i might do it in the future. :)

Well, I definitely keeping my fingers crossed that it will be lasting enough.. :dancingqueen:

-> Jaskel, we will be going up to see the progress tonite.. Can update us on things like where cannot enter or wat? ;) Been too bz to go up till today as hubby has juz changed job on Monday and been coming home late.. zz

-> Jaskel, we will be going up to see the progress tonite.. Can update us on things like where cannot enter or wat? ;) Been too bz to go up till today as hubby has juz changed job on Monday and been coming home late.. zz

Sorry just back from your unit on seeing the progress.......

Update on your reno.

Common bath....

1. Flooring, walls tiles - completed

2. Plumbling works - completed (included installing all assy.)

3. Painting - 0%

4. Cleaning - 0%

5. Electrical work - completed

Master bath....

1. Flooring, walls tiles - completed

2. Plumbling works - completed (included installing all assy.)

3. Painting - 0%

4. Cleaning - 0%

Kitchen.....

1. Flooring tiles - completed

2. Cement plastering for walls - completed

3. Painting - 0%

4. Cleaning - 0%

5. Gas heater - completed

6. Gas Dryer - 0%

7. Kitchen cabinet - 10% (Measurement taken, work in progress in factory)

8. Solid surface - 0%

9. Plumbling work - 85% ( left installation of the sink and tap inlet and outlet)

10. Window grille - completed

11. Electrical work - completed

Living room....

1. Flooring tiles - completed

2. Electrical works - 85% (left feature wall and TV console powerpoints)

3. Painting - 0%

4. Cleaning - 0%

5. Feature wall and TV console - 10% (Measurement taken, work in progress in factory)

6. Window and window grille - completed

7. Metal gate - 10% (Measurement taken, work in progress in factory)

Master bedroom....

1. Vinyl flooring - completed

2. Skirting - completed

3. Painting - 0%

4. Cleaning - 0%

5. False ceiling/ L-box - completed

6. Electrical work - 80% (left changing the lighting point)

Study room....

2. Skirting - completed

3. Painting - 0%

4. Cleaning - 0%

5. Electrical work - 80% (left awaiting for wardrobe to be up)

6. Wardrobe - 10% (Measurement taken, work in progress in factory)

7. Window grille - completed

Bedroom 3....

2. Skirting - completed

3. Painting - 0%

4. Cleaning - 0%

6. Window and window grille - completed

Painters will be coming next tues. Metal gate will be installing in 2 weeks time. Carpentry schedule not available yet. HO - expected to be 10th July.

Just let your hubby know that don't use keys to dig the grouting and also don't touch on the skirting today.