Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reuben82

Our Dream House @ Jurong West

6) Living (Rating 7.5/10)

- Cove lights added on false ceiling

- Ceiling fan

- TV feature wall need to revise. Not sure what we don't like, but look at it, seems quite simple and no surprise to us. Thinking to ask ID sketch another design for us. lol.....

Haha... when u see our TV feature wall - more simple!!

Missing a few paintings? but wifey kinda like the simple look - me too!!

Need to clean up the wiring mess at the back - one day :)

img2391t.jpg

We have a switch located at the left side of the feature wall as a master switch to control the four 3-pin plugs located at the back of the TV console (off all the AV equipment when not watching TV).

I have also two 3-pin plugs that have constant power - for my phone and wireless router.

img2392f.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sorry for my long MIA. Hehehe....Finally completion date is near! YES YES YES! Anyway, here come the 2nd revision of 3D drawing. All comments and suggestions are most welcome! :)

hbamend8.jpg

hbamend7.jpg

hbamend6.jpg

The kitchen with this design looks more spacious comparing with the previous revision.

hbamend9.jpg

hbamend12.jpg

The toilets design dont really like it. Going to change again. lol.

Sorry for my long MIA. Hehehe....Finally completion date is near! YES YES YES! Anyway, here come the 2nd revision of 3D drawing. All comments and suggestions are most welcome! :)

hbamend8.jpg

hbamend7.jpg

hbamend6.jpg

The kitchen with this design looks more spacious comparing with the previous revision.

hbamend9.jpg

hbamend12.jpg

The toilets design dont really like it. Going to change again. lol.

YES, the kitchen definitely looks better for this. so u managed to persuade wifey abt the breakfast counter lah...lol

one qn, where will ur washing machine be? :unsure:

btw, i dun like the feel of ur toilet too. feels weird.

hbamend6.jpg

Your fridge next to the wall?

The right side door can only open 90 deg minus abit coz of handle.. better take a look if can pull drawers out if need to cleaning or something.. :)

Yesterday night went up to meet with the ID. Confirmed quite a lot of stuffs. Hehehe....

The washing machine will be inside the full height cabinets. The right hand side one. That's the reason why the microwave had been moved out. And yes, my wife is persuaded with this layout as it is much more spacious!

The toilet, we found out what is the weird thing. Is the mixture of the black and white wall tiles. The ID thought we want to have a resort feel on the toilet. That's why she trying her best to put in the selected tiles into the toilet to create it. Ha~~~Anyway, we asked her to change to all white wall tiles with some mosaic. Guess will be much more better with the next revision!

Your fridge next to the wall?

The right side door can only open 90 deg minus abit coz of handle.. better take a look if can pull drawers out if need to cleaning or something.. :)

Yes. Next to wall. ID took care of the space allowance in order to make sure the door can be opened more than 90 degrees.

This morning, I went to my new house for inspection as tomorrow is the completion!!! YES YES YES!!!

BUT....when I went in, guess what I saw.....

ALL 3 ROOM DOORS DISAPPEARED!!!! :curse:

I was like stunned and WTF!!! Why the rooms are without doors?!!!! Sigh....Then start calling the house owner, HDB, etc etc....The house owner don't even want to come and tell me that they are "outstation". I was so so so so angry that time :furious: !! Straight away :fire: the owner and told him, if you don't turn up within 3 hours, tomorrow there will be no completion and you will get HDB officer to visit you!! lol.....

I really don't understand. Yes, those room doors are new but they got no right to take it out right? Even though I am changing a new one but at least let me know or talk with me nicely and I will pass them the doors when I start my renovation! Sigh...

After the inspection, decided go for a swim to cool my head down while waiting them to come. lol...

Cut the story short, I make a decision while I'm swimming. Forget about doors. Afterall, I'm not going to use it back. Yes, I can complain to HDB and eventually, owner need to put the doors back BUT that served no purpose at all since I am going to dismantle it and throw it. So, let me become the "generous good" buyer.

1pm met up with the owner, tell them that I'm very very unhappy with what they had did to me, BUT since I'm educated and civilized people, I will just ignore and forget what had happened. I even said thank you so much for your "kindly" help to dismantle the doors for me! lol.....They knew they are wrong and keep quiet during the whole inspection. Lastly, tell them to pass me the keys and immediately, go buy a new lock to lock my dearest house! lol...no more illegal dismantling from now onwards!!!

Anyway, I'm facing a problem right now. The letterbox lock was broken. No way to open it. Anyone got any idea how to DIY that lock? All I need is to make it open then I can change a new lock myself.

Now you know why I bought direct from developer and not from owners.... I know I will have to bring myself down to the level of a dog to bark at one.....

The washing machine will be inside the full height cabinets. The right hand side one. That's the reason why the microwave had been moved out. And yes, my wife is persuaded with this layout as it is much more spacious!

I had originally wanted to do the same thing as you since WM will probably be used only once a wk, but this ID I was talking with advised me against it.

He said that the WM needs to be well-ventilated even when it is not being used, otherwise the cabinet drs will mould and warp and WM parts gets rusted faster. Not sure how true it is.. :dunno: Did your ID say anything about it?

Will you also be leaving the cabinet dr open when u r using the WM?

But I do agree with the rest that this layout looks more spacious and "shun."

This morning, I went to my new house for inspection as tomorrow is the completion!!! YES YES YES!!!

I was like stunned and WTF!!! Why the rooms are without doors?!!!! Sigh....Then start calling the house owner, HDB, etc etc....The house owner don't even want to come and tell me that they are "outstation". I was so so so so angry that time :furious: !! Straight away :fire: the owner and told him, if you don't turn up within 3 hours, tomorrow there will be no completion and you will get HDB officer to visit you!! lol.....

I really don't understand. Yes, those room doors are new but they got no right to take it out right? Even though I am changing a new one but at least let me know or talk with me nicely and I will pass them the doors when I start my renovation! Sigh...

After the inspection, decided go for a swim to cool my head down while waiting them to come. lol...

Cut the story short, I make a decision while I'm swimming. Forget about doors. Afterall, I'm not going to use it back. Yes, I can complain to HDB and eventually, owner need to put the doors back BUT that served no purpose at all since I am going to dismantle it and throw it. So, let me become the "generous good" buyer.

1pm met up with the owner, tell them that I'm very very unhappy with what they had did to me, BUT since I'm educated and civilized people, I will just ignore and forget what had happened. I even said thank you so much for your "kindly" help to dismantle the doors for me! lol.....They knew they are wrong and keep quiet during the whole inspection. Lastly, tell them to pass me the keys and immediately, go buy a new lock to lock my dearest house! lol...no more illegal dismantling from now onwards!!!

Anyway, I'm facing a problem right now. The letterbox lock was broken. No way to open it. Anyone got any idea how to DIY that lock? All I need is to make it open then I can change a new lock myself.

Tot HDB rule is cannot remove any fixture items?

My previous owner also started to remove some things. i was angry at 1st and feedback to the agent. Just passed the message to them to let us know beforehand so if we dun need it, they can take it.. Ha.. same idea as u, going to change everythng so no need fuss abit it. Think is just the way they did it..

Got ask HDB officier? likely they would have their ppl to replace the lock since belongs to HDB mah.. can DIY 1 meh?

Nice reuben........

Consider hiding the waste disposal from the view,....everything nice view then this silver thing there.....:)

Lol..it may be better to put the waste disposal into the cabinet than the washing machine.

Ya, I tend to agree. Washing machine will have moisture.....if not air nicely=mould.....so must wipe dry everytime....

Living room 3D comin?

locksmiths can change the lettterbox for you. alternatively, u can see if your town council has any appointed contractors. I replaced my letterbox lock at $20.

frankly such cost shud be bore by the ex-owners. since its small amount, just forget about it.

this sounds familiar....got to collect copyright ah? ;)

letter box key get lock smith lah, easier and faster.

btw, ur washing machine i thought u buy top load? then put inside cabinet a bit weird leh, unless is front load lah

Edited by samgalz

oh man... why did the owner wanna dismantle the doors? but good that you've settled that and the 2nd appointment went smoothly. congrats! :)

my fren had a similar experience... when he viewed the flat, there were built-in furniture (cupboards wardrobe etc). At handover, to his horror, the owner actually removed ALL the built-in carpentry.... :bangwall:

btw, talking about the washing machine, my brother also has his put in the kitchen cabinet, but there is no cabinet door to this washing machine compartment... he has this kind of arrangement for 10+ yrs and so far no prob ;) sure a good way to save space~