Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
qezash

East Mansionette

about a week iirc.. how long has it been since your permit was submitted?

just dropped by your blog, looking forward to your cement screeding :)

about a week eh..? erm our permit was submitted on 23 April, so it has been almost a week as well..i'm very anxious about it!! if hdb don't approve, all our bathroom plans will literally go down the drain.. :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
For flooring, only changing toilet and kitchen. But I did not knock down any walls. Does your quote include the tiles?

Yes tiles included up to max of $3 psf. Toilet and kitchen hacking and tiling takes up quite a bit :(

about a week eh..? erm our permit was submitted on 23 April, so it has been almost a week as well..i'm very anxious about it!! if hdb don't approve, all our bathroom plans will literally go down the drain.. :(

should be soon there, i think we were able to check on the status online through hdb webby. As long as it's not thick lines on the floorplan, i'm guessing it should be approved :)

Yes tiles included up to max of $3 psf. Toilet and kitchen hacking and tiling takes up quite a bit :(

Then ur reno is so much cheaper than mine. crap... feel very cheated. Hopefully they will do a good job :(

Then ur reno is so much cheaper than mine. crap... feel very cheated. Hopefully they will do a good job :(

stressed not .... lots of factors involved ... quality of materials used? workmanship? I am sure.. it will be done nicely... as long as don't do a disappearing act ... can leio... (touch wood!)

stressed not .... lots of factors involved ... quality of materials used? workmanship? I am sure.. it will be done nicely... as long as don't do a disappearing act ... can leio... (touch wood!)

Wah don curse me leh :( Don think so lah, they in the business for 20 years liao and i know where the contractor stay also. haha.. cos is my friend's father.

Yours does not include cost of the tiles?

But I remember yours include air con and some doors? I only changed my main door and grille. Think doors are quite expensive.

Wah don curse me leh :( Don think so lah, they in the business for 20 years liao and i know where the contractor stay also. haha.. cos is my friend's father.

Not cursing you la :D.... somemore its your dad's friend .. sure swee swee... :D

Haha I think too many scary stories around recently, but some safety for yours I guess since is your friend's father.

tigertgr is stressing u.. Haha.. But reno is quite stressful actually. Lol. Especially when choosing the materials. But just do some research before hand (this forum is wonderful for that) and I think know what you really want, don't let others tell you cannot this cannot that. If their opinion makes sense then ok I guess, but if it is just for their own reasons like: wanting you to buy their stuffs or make their job easier, then don't them sway you.

Rambling abit here, but just recent thoughts on my own reno. Haha.

Haha I think too many scary stories around recently, but some safety for yours I guess since is your friend's father.

tigertgr is stressing u.. Haha.. But reno is quite stressful actually. Lol. Especially when choosing the materials. But just do some research before hand (this forum is wonderful for that) and I think know what you really want, don't let others tell you cannot this cannot that. If their opinion makes sense then ok I guess, but if it is just for their own reasons like: wanting you to buy their stuffs or make their job easier, then don't them sway you.

Rambling abit here, but just recent thoughts on my own reno. Haha.

:P agree man... reno is pretty stressful ... but a good judge of whether its going to turn out good.. is when you realize the stress is getting lesser as the reno is nearing completion ... cause you are seeing how good things are coming together....

if u are feeling MORE stress when nearing completion...then.. something must wrong.. just a personal observation... Do note.. stress from paying the FINAL payment DOES NOT count! :P

Haha oh no, I wonder if it's stress or tiredness for me.

I see things coming together, but also see all the detailed rectifications to be done. Sigh.

Usually when is final payment made? Handover?

Haha oh no, I wonder if it's stress or tiredness for me.

I see things coming together, but also see all the detailed rectifications to be done. Sigh.

Usually when is final payment made? Handover?

i believe its until all the rectifications is done... then final payment...

Yours does not include cost of the tiles?

But I remember yours include air con and some doors? I only changed my main door and grille. Think doors are quite expensive.

Yah loh tiles alone is about 4K already. Today, the stupid contractor tell me their cost never include cement. I need to buy it myself. Crap.

One door is about $300. The main door about $700. I only changing the balcony window grille.

Not cursing you la :D.... somemore its your dad's friend .. sure swee swee... :D

Correction. Is friend's dad not dad's friend. haha

Yah loh tiles alone is about 4K already. Today, the stupid contractor tell me their cost never include cement. I need to buy it myself. Crap.

One door is about $300. The main door about $700. I only changing the balcony window grille.

first time i hear this wor... somemore the friend's dad...complain to friend lah :D