Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
qezash

East Mansionette

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi wenny, thanks for the welcome :)

iirc, you are also an EM owner and sourced for a number of contractors by yourself? Pei fu. How is your reno going?

Edited by qezash

Hi wenny, thanks for the welcome :)

iirc, you are also an EM owner and sourced for a number of contractors by yourself? Pei fu. How is your reno going?

Hi qezash,

After reading many posting in this forum, I realized my ID's mark up at least 30 to 60% on my reno items, even though this ID's quotation was the cheapest among the other 2 IDs'. Thus I omitted many reno items and decided to out source to other contractor in order to do a complete renovation with the limited budget I have. The liaison and coordination was a lot of work, but definitely worth the effort as I'm able to save $10k.

My reno is almost done, waiting for the carpentry work to be completed by this week before I can move in on 8 May 10.

Wish you a smooth reno journey...

Hi qezash,

After reading many posting in this forum, I realized my ID's mark up at least 30 to 60% on my reno items, even though this ID's quotation was the cheapest among the other 2 IDs'. Thus I omitted many reno items and decided to out source to other contractor in order to do a complete renovation with the limited budget I have. The liaison and coordination was a lot of work, but definitely worth the effort as I'm able to save $10k.

My reno is almost done, waiting for the carpentry work to be completed by this week before I can move in on 8 May 10.

Wish you a smooth reno journey...

Thanks wenny, hopefully the rest of your reno has no hiccups. I have only gotten my laminates direct from the flooring company and already coordination just for that is trouble enough :( So I can't imagine how you did it, but being able to save 10k is a lot!

Some updates....

Living room

P1000731.jpg

Entrance to kitchen from living room

P1000730.jpg

Kitchen with ugly pipes :( wasn't too sure if the grey tiles will appear too dark..

P1000724.jpg

P1000725.jpg

Looking out to the balcony

P1000729.jpg

hi gezash! i would think they have already demo everything already huh? which phase are they doing now? tiling? where is the pics! :P

Loading in progress. Haha. Tiling is more or less completed already actually. Painting and electrical also up. Just that forgetful me can't remember to bring down camera everytime. Lol.

balcony wall tiles

P1000734.jpg

balcony floor tiles.. foot massage anyone?

P1000735.jpg

P1000722.jpg

P1000723.jpg

Think my hubby trying for the resort feel or something :P

Edited by qezash

Loading in progress. Haha. Tiling is more or less completed already actually. Painting and electrical also up. Just that forgetful me can't remember to bring down camera everytime. Lol.

wow.. nice kitchen tiles.. heyhey.. i believe we have the same hob.. rainni glass top /inner flame one? u got the 2 burner or 3 burner? we brought the 3 burner one... read good review abt it...

wow.. nice kitchen tiles.. heyhey.. i believe we have the same hob.. rainni glass top /inner flame one? u got the 2 burner or 3 burner? we brought the 3 burner one... read good review abt it...

Haha really ar. I was a bit apprehensive especially before they did the grouting. Looks better after, but not the typical white kitchen tiles I suppose.

Wow your eyes are sharp eh, can read my carton boxes. Ya, I got the inner flame hob! Lol. I got the 3 burner also, hubby said he wants to use it to cook maggi mee :/ Rather ex eh the hob! I was only looking at turbo previously which was probably half the price. I hope the reviews are worth it.

Edited by qezash

wow.. ur toilets are so spacious... very nice.. keep the pics coming..

Yea.. its our 1st try with the inner flame hob too.. hopefully my mom and wife like it..

wow.. ur toilets are so spacious... very nice.. keep the pics coming..

Yea.. its our 1st try with the inner flame hob too.. hopefully my mom and wife like it..

Ya coz I combined two toilets into one. Haha. That's all I have for now.

Hopefully no food gets burnt when we start using it! Heard that it cooks faster or something..