Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
qezash

East Mansionette

It is at Pasir ris. Yah didnt engage a ID but the contractor got one carpenter that can draw one, but he is quite slow. Somehow I sort of show them my concept through magazine pictures, don noe whether they understood what I meant or not. Sigh... So hows your renovation getting along? Hope you could give me some pointers on what to look out for since we have the same layout. :D

Mine is at pasir ris too, near downtown east :P

Yeah for me, I only got drawings when the carpenter came, that was only last week? And my reno has been ongoing since 3-4 weeks already. Guess that's what the premium is for between an ID and contractor.

My reno so far so good, it was pretty fast in the beginning, but seems to be slowing down now. Or maybe I'm too anxious. Haha.

What are you planning to do in terms of ur reno anyways?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Mine is at pasir ris too, near downtown east :P

Yeah for me, I only got drawings when the carpenter came, that was only last week? And my reno has been ongoing since 3-4 weeks already. Guess that's what the premium is for between an ID and contractor.

My reno so far so good, it was pretty fast in the beginning, but seems to be slowing down now. Or maybe I'm too anxious. Haha.

What are you planning to do in terms of ur reno anyways?

I am quite near downtown east too!!! I am at drive 6. I am very anxious also but my contractor always tell me relax. Haiz, haven even give me his final quote. Don noe issit delay tactics as he knows my second appointment is next week.

As for me, I will only do the kitchen and the 3 toilets. Will also do a long list of custom made furnitures like tv console, shoe rack, wardrobe, toilet cabinets etc . If still got spare cash, will deck my balcony which will cost 2 to 3K.

I am quite near downtown east too!!! I am at drive 6. I am very anxious also but my contractor always tell me relax. Haiz, haven even give me his final quote. Don noe issit delay tactics as he knows my second appointment is next week.

As for me, I will only do the kitchen and the 3 toilets. Will also do a long list of custom made furnitures like tv console, shoe rack, wardrobe, toilet cabinets etc . If still got spare cash, will deck my balcony which will cost 2 to 3K.

Lol neighbour, I'm at drive 6 too. Don't tell me you're same block as me. Haha.

Probably your contractor thinks no hurry for you since he knows when is your second appointment date. Mind sharing who is your contractor anyway?

Seems your place should be in good condition then? Since you won't be changing the floors of the hall, bedrooms etc. Haha I thought of decking too but no $$ le. Costs a lot more than to just tile it.

Lol neighbour, I'm at drive 6 too. Don't tell me you're same block as me. Haha.

Probably your contractor thinks no hurry for you since he knows when is your second appointment date. Mind sharing who is your contractor anyway?

Seems your place should be in good condition then? Since you won't be changing the floors of the hall, bedrooms etc. Haha I thought of decking too but no $$ le. Costs a lot more than to just tile it.

Oh really? My blk is 454, whats yours?

Actually I don noe what company it is from ler. Cos is my friend's father, he also never give me his name card. Sigh... Saw my friend's house that was done by his father, the workmanship quite good. Anyway, called him today. He say will give me the quote tomolo as he is negotiating with his sub-con to give me a good price. Keep my fingers crossed.

Yah, the contractor advise no need to change the flooring. He say use chemical wash will look as good as new. As for the bedroom, the previous owner already laid parque flooring. So just need to polish it will do.

Haiz as for the decking probably have to wait till year end for my bonus. haha

Congras on your new home purchase. Looks like reasonably well maintained original condition. Cheers to your beautiful home.

Thanks leechaorui, the photos look better than reality actually. I think when it was reno by the first owners must have been nice, but the 2nd owner didn't maintain it really well as in quite dusty.

Oh really? My blk is 454, whats yours?

Actually I don noe what company it is from ler. Cos is my friend's father, he also never give me his name card. Sigh... Saw my friend's house that was done by his father, the workmanship quite good. Anyway, called him today. He say will give me the quote tomolo as he is negotiating with his sub-con to give me a good price. Keep my fingers crossed.

Yah, the contractor advise no need to change the flooring. He say use chemical wash will look as good as new. As for the bedroom, the previous owner already laid parque flooring. So just need to polish it will do.

Haiz as for the decking probably have to wait till year end for my bonus. haha

Mine is 413 :P

Oh friend huh? Well if it's a good friend then I guess still ok, heard too many horror reno stories anyway! Hoping mine continues to go smoothly.

Yeah if it's parquet flooring can save you a lot already. My previous owner parquet design is kinda weird, the tiles are bordering it. We though it isn't very matching, hence gotta spend money to laminate. Because replacing the parquet and polishing it probably costs the same or more :(

Haha decking is really nice I think, gives a resort ambience sorta.

Mine is 413 :P

Oh friend huh? Well if it's a good friend then I guess still ok, heard too many horror reno stories anyway! Hoping mine continues to go smoothly.

Yeah if it's parquet flooring can save you a lot already. My previous owner parquet design is kinda weird, the tiles are bordering it. We though it isn't very matching, hence gotta spend money to laminate. Because replacing the parquet and polishing it probably costs the same or more :(

Haha decking is really nice I think, gives a resort ambience sorta.

Oh near to Loyang primary school. I like your ceiling leh, so high. Like living in landed property. :D

Today the contractor going to show me the quotation, don want to tell me the quote on the phone. Say want to give me a surprise, hopefully is a pleasant one. :(

Yah I saw your parquet flooring, I think the previous owner try to save cost by not laying parquet at the sides.

Yah if decking with some water feature even better.

Oh near to Loyang primary school. I like your ceiling leh, so high. Like living in landed property. :D

Today the contractor going to show me the quotation, don want to tell me the quote on the phone. Say want to give me a surprise, hopefully is a pleasant one. :(

Yah I saw your parquet flooring, I think the previous owner try to save cost by not laying parquet at the sides.

Yah if decking with some water feature even better.

Haha I like the high ceiling too, but can't really put ceiling lights as a result, or the electrical lines will be quite unsightly. And installing false ceilings / L box defeats the purpose of having the high ceiling I thought.

Ya but if you've already spent so much installing the parquet, why not just do it all the way to the edge? But that's just me la, coz I think it's a bit wasted then, the money spent on the parquet.

Water feature eh. Good idea. U plan to buy those fountain type things? I think I saw them around IMM.

Hopefully your contractor gives u a good surprise, not heart attack. Lol.

Haha I like the high ceiling too, but can't really put ceiling lights as a result, or the electrical lines will be quite unsightly. And installing false ceilings / L box defeats the purpose of having the high ceiling I thought.

Ya but if you've already spent so much installing the parquet, why not just do it all the way to the edge? But that's just me la, coz I think it's a bit wasted then, the money spent on the parquet.

Water feature eh. Good idea. U plan to buy those fountain type things? I think I saw them around IMM.

Hopefully your contractor gives u a good surprise, not heart attack. Lol.

Are you able to put those ceiling fan with lights instead? Maybe can hack holes on the ceiling and put glass then become penthouse already. haha.

Maybe last time they got furniture around it to cover the tiles.

I have not decided yet since also don know whether got spare cash to do the decking or not. Well, it all depends on tonight's quote. Fingers crossed.

hmmm not sure whether this will work... but those actual cottage house with this kind of roof, some have a beam crossing from one end of the roof to the other. This give them a place to locate a main light piece. but their ceiling are quite high, so I don't know whether this will work for you...

Are you able to put those ceiling fan with lights instead? Maybe can hack holes on the ceiling and put glass then become penthouse already. haha.

Maybe last time they got furniture around it to cover the tiles.

I have not decided yet since also don know whether got spare cash to do the decking or not. Well, it all depends on tonight's quote. Fingers crossed.

Wah penthouse. Haha i wish. Unfortunately the ceiling is off limits apparently, cannot hack or anything, only paint :/

Even with ceiling fan, the electrician needs to run the wires to the top, so will definitely see the wires / casing.

Hope you got a good quote!

hmmm not sure whether this will work... but those actual cottage house with this kind of roof, some have a beam crossing from one end of the roof to the other. This give them a place to locate a main light piece. but their ceiling are quite high, so I don't know whether this will work for you...

Hi rasfene, I think I roughly know what you're suggesting. Thanks for the idea :) Can suggest to my hubby and contractor..