Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Our Ea In Bishan

Ooooh.. step down in common bath and MBR bath done.. :) Kitchen and common bath tiles are looking nice. :good: Must say thanks to Jaskel for explaining Tiling 101 to us. Heh heh.

I spy a mortar base - the beginnings of my kitchen cabinets, where the hubby and I are going to cook up a storm. Awesome! :sport-smiley-004: Going to see laminate samples this weekend.. after that it's GO GO GO for carpentry!

Ha.. **** fast leh.. really at F1 speed.. Go Go inspector Gadget, or rather Jaskel!.. :sport-smiley-004::notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

today my storage heater delivery pulled a mini-drama on us, apparently it was not the correct model, will let mrs explain that coz she handled it rather efficiently while burning calories at the gym.

in other news, plumber had to bail coz his wife suddenly went into labour, apparently the baby felt now was the time to crown before my water heater is up...how inconsiderate :P

anyhow i hope he has a healthy baby & it was my house that triggered his fatherhood & so he will do a swee swee job for me :D

anyhow i hope he has a healthy baby & it was my house that triggered his fatherhood & so he will do a swee swee job for me :D

Boy's middle name "Titanax"

:thumbs up:

:o :o :o

today my storage heater delivery pulled a mini-drama on us, apparently it was not the correct model, will let mrs explain that coz she handled it rather efficiently while burning calories at the gym.

Mini-Drama of the Day - "Your water heater is not a sellable model..."

JHT35.jpg

This morning, I got a call from Parisilk HV, where we got the water heater ... TEN MINUTES before the delivery was supposed to arrive at the house. The tow kay neo told me that the water heater guy said the model I had ordered, Joven JHT35, was not a sellable one, and if it turns out to be the wrong model, he won't be able to take it back. :jawdrop:

Tow kay neo tells me there is another model, JH35, also a horizontal storage tank.

JH35.jpg

The only difference is JHT35's water pipes are at the bottom of the tank, while JH35's are at the side. Choose one, tow kay neo says.

Pipes at the bottom, pipes at the side??? :dunno: So it's Jaskel to the rescue. No diff he says, either one is fine. This conversation takes place in between sets of push-ups at the gym...

I then call Terry (aka Terry84) from Parisilk HV. He's very friendly, and in between bicep curls he explains that the pipes below doesn't work if the water heater is to be concealed in false ceiling. Also, using a more sellable model means parts and servicing are not an issue. So the JH35 it is. PHEW. On hindsight, it was actually very nice of the tow kay neo to take the trouble to call about the water heater model. She could have just delivered it without asking.

Terry also managed to arrange for the heater to be delivered in the next half an hour, so as not to delay our plumbing work! :good:

But all this was superceded by another mini-drama.. the arrival of Plumber Jr. :yamseng: Hope mummy and baby are doing well.

Mini-Drama of the Day - "Your water heater is not a sellable model..."

JHT35.jpg

This morning, I got a call from Parisilk HV, where we got the water heater ... TEN MINUTES before the delivery was supposed to arrive at the house. The tow kay neo told me that the water heater guy said the model I had ordered, Joven JHT35, was not a sellable one, and if it turns out to be the wrong model, he won't be able to take it back. :jawdrop:

Tow kay neo tells me there is another model, JH35, also a horizontal storage tank.

JH35.jpg

The only difference is JHT35's water pipes are at the bottom of the tank, while JH35's are at the side. Choose one, tow kay neo says.

Pipes at the bottom, pipes at the side??? :dunno: So it's Jaskel to the rescue. No diff he says, either one is fine. This conversation takes place in between sets of push-ups at the gym...

I then call Terry (aka Terry84) from Parisilk HV. He's very friendly, and in between bicep curls he explains that the pipes below doesn't work if the water heater is to be concealed in false ceiling. Also, using a more sellable model means parts and servicing are not an issue. So the JH35 it is. PHEW. On hindsight, it was actually very nice of the tow kay neo to take the trouble to call about the water heater model. She could have just delivered it without asking.

Terry also managed to arrange for the heater to be delivered in the next half an hour, so as not to delay our plumbing work! :good:

But all this was superceded by another mini-drama.. the arrival of Plumber Jr. :yamseng: Hope mummy and baby are doing well.

Don't really understand on the word sellable...does it mean this model not suppose to be sold or the sale for this model is not that common? And also pardon me...why pipes below don't work if the water heater is to be concealed in false ceiling? Learning experience.

Learnt it from David "Tilerfield" :P

also realized 60x60 is a bit more tricky & requires a bit more skill than your std 30x60 or 30x30.

we chose 30x60, but the end product was 60x60..pleasant surprise...I LIKE!!!! :)

also learnt about the illusion power of grouting :P

must b a big kitchen to boast a 6 x 6!

hey.... can sense you two are also kitchen kitchen ppl huh.

wife and i shop for so long back then and realised all shopping for kitchen area. haha

already carpentry works?!

apart from lighting speed from jasket,

think you got yrself the best neighbors ard man.. hahaha

must b a big kitchen to boast a 6 x 6!

hey.... can sense you two are also kitchen kitchen ppl huh.

wife and i shop for so long back then and realised all shopping for kitchen area. haha

already carpentry works?!

apart from lighting speed from jasket,

think you got yrself the best neighbors ard man.. hahaha

:) mm not really that big, 1 side 4 full tiles & the other wall is 2 full tiles. the rest just leaving it coz its gona be covered by carpentry anyways

Yea jaskel is working pretty efficiently, i can't complain even with the hacking delays & there's a min-brew on my mbr toilet wall that needs sorting out with the TC

Carpentry shd be able to commence on a parallel route after this weekend once we confirm our choices - we saw the samples but i wana see the bigger sized samples for a better feel.

I think our neighbor got the best neighbors ard ----> US <----

Aron's fellas will be coming down on Saturday to lay the a/c trunking. I told GC to go do nasty things to a spider, i'm dropping the A/C deal with them ;)

:) mm not really that big, 1 side 4 full tiles & the other wall is 2 full tiles. the rest just leaving it coz its gona be covered by carpentry anyways

Yea jaskel is working pretty efficiently, i can't complain even with the hacking delays & there's a min-brew on my mbr toilet wall that needs sorting out with the TC

Carpentry shd be able to commence on a parallel route after this weekend once we confirm our choices - we saw the samples but i wana see the bigger sized samples for a better feel.

I think our neighbor got the best neighbors ard ----> US <----

Aron's fellas will be coming down on Saturday to lay the a/c trunking. I told GC to go do nasty things to a spider, i'm dropping the A/C deal with them ;)

yes yes, bigger sized samples does make a difference. we learnt that the hard way although end results aint that bad afterall. but yea, seeing bigger version really helps

you getting from aron too! panasonic as well? yea, they're gd and nice folks.

sam would insist on how some of the trunkings will go cause he always stress that the water must travel nicely down

if u prefer, you may tell aron that you wanna the installation to be done in 2 trips. to lay trunking first then the blower the next.

that way, painting wont go over to the blower ya

hmm.. jus realised i dont have an aircon story to my blog. man, tat's really not doing justice to aron.

hai... writing here, i jus reminded myself that the compilation of my reno's dos and donts is still halfway through.

tot the compliation would really remind myself of the next reno and also a gd guide for peeps in RT - my way of showing my gratitude after learning and picking up so much from RT.

yes yes, bigger sized samples does make a difference. we learnt that the hard way although end results aint that bad afterall. but yea, seeing bigger version really helps

you getting from aron too! panasonic as well? yea, they're gd and nice folks.

sam would insist on how some of the trunkings will go cause he always stress that the water must travel nicely down

if u prefer, you may tell aron that you wanna the installation to be done in 2 trips. to lay trunking first then the blower the next.

that way, painting wont go over to the blower ya

hmm.. jus realised i dont have an aircon story to my blog. man, tat's really not doing justice to aron.

hai... writing here, i jus reminded myself that the compilation of my reno's dos and donts is still halfway through.

tot the compliation would really remind myself of the next reno and also a gd guide for peeps in RT - my way of showing my gratitude after learning and picking up so much from RT.

nope starmex! - i'm a stickler for low COP...& yep 2 trips SOP, but compressor is going up as well with trunking coz its gona get in the way of the wardrobe so compressor has to got out b4 carpentry goes up. anyways GC was getting to be a real pain to manage & this was just to fix the installation date. so i said TYVM u ALL can go FS!! & went back to my old e-mail i sent to Aron dated June :lol: Called him last night to confirm - got the quotation signed today, his guys coming tomorrow for site survey, & Saturday trunking goes up! - I'm pretty efficient too :P

anyways it was a small deposit so i'll probably change the a/c to radio-clock or some crap, or if they give me some mumbo jumbo that it was a warehouse sale so i can't use that deposit for anything else - well then its a small price to pay to kill a tumor ;)

you gota trust you gut sometimes you know...if not you'll be in that "monkey with hand in cookie jar" syndrome. drop the cookie, don't chop off the hand :P

Edited by titanax

anyways GC was getting to be a real pain to manage & this was just to fix the installation date. so i said TYVM u ALL can go FS!!

Yeah. We were warned about GC - but we were attracted by the extended warranty. Just to arrange a date for installation, I had to speak to THREE different people.

Person #1: Called sales guy. Sale guy says due to the Expo weekend, the leadtime for installation is 2 weeks! Said we should call the installation guys ASAP. We also told him we need two trips , he said it's an extra $80 for the 2nd trip.

Person #2: Immediately called the installation guys. Thankfully, we got the date we wanted, but they said for the 2nd trip, it's $80 BEFORE GST. WTF. :curse: Told them their sales guy said it was $80 Nett. They said ok.

Person #3: Called out of the blue a few days later to confirm the installation date. I asked about the 2nd trip - they said "it's not reflected in our system". WTF x 2. :curse: I told the guy off - 'you're the THIRD person I'm talking to and you still didn't get it right'. :furious:

By this time the hubby and I were getting very bad vibes, and just decided to cut our losses.

Then the biggest bombshell:

Hubby called the GC hotline this morning to call off the installation. If you call before 11am, you get the maintenance guys, who apparently can't take instructions for installation, and for some reason, can't forward customer instructions to the installation guys. :bangwall:

They said hubby had to call the sales guy. Hubby gave them the instructions anyway, telling them that this is the customer giving GC instructions, and if they show up on the appointed date, it was their problem.

Hubby said he would call the sales guy out of courtesy. The sales guy said - yes, GC's service sucks and HE IS QUITTING. :jawdrop:

The bad vibes were now full blown alarm bells - good thing we had decided to cut our losses. :P

you gota trust you gut sometimes you know...if not you'll be in that "monkey with hand in cookie jar" syndrome. drop the cookie, don't chop off the hand :P

LOL.. well said hubby! Just drop the cookie - there are better cookies to be had elsewhere.

wow gain city really that bad?? we still thinking whether we should get from them anot, coz seems like they are famous for their air-cons.. pardon my ignorance, this aron is from where ne? does he carry all the brands or just certain brands only? price-wise competitive?