sunnytan31

Stove And Sink Support

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

041120094095.jpg

construction of concrete sink

041120094096.jpg

constructing of concrete stove

261120094210.jpg

Installed with Homogenous polish tiles, so durable.. there is no more worry for water leaking,

no more worry about placing hot pot on work top, and the concrete stand is hidden :bath:

041120094095.jpg

construction of concrete sink

041120094096.jpg

constructing of concrete stove

261120094210.jpg

Installed with Homogenous polish tiles, so durable.. there is no more worry for water leaking,

no more worry about placing hot pot on work top, and the concrete stand is hidden :bath:

Thanks for sharing. Nice and neat!

Guess I know which direction to go liao..

Thanks for sharing. Nice and neat!

Guess I know which direction to go liao..

What are the pros and cons of concrete? Wood spoils more easily but even with a solid surface top to protect it?

What are the pros and cons of concrete? Wood spoils more easily but even with a solid surface top to protect it?

Concrete support + concrete surface is perfect for heavy usage. No worries on drop object onto surface, placing super hot pot/wok onto surface and etc.

That was exactly the qns I posted to my ID. He reply saying no problem, confirm no water leakage. BUT on the other hand, my uncles who are in carpenter line for over 20yrs, strongly object wooden support. They just say 1 sentence, "wood scare of water".

Maybe I will still remain solid surface but will request to build the concrete support w/o the concrete surface.

Edited by sunnytan31

Concrete support + concrete surface is perfect for heavy usage. No worries on drop object onto surface, placing super hot pot/wok onto surface and etc.

That was exactly the qns I posted to my ID. He reply saying no problem, confirm no water leakage. BUT on the other hand, my uncles who are in carpenter line for over 20yrs strong object wooden support. They just say 1 sentence, "wood scare of water".

Maybe I will still remain solid surface but will request to build the concrete support w/o the concrete surface.

wood scare of water, cement absorb water. There is pros and cons for both. Individual person have their owns liking on what material they want to use. As there is no perfect man in this world, there won't be perfect material too.

Edited by jaskel

@Jaskel> so philosophical... :rolleyes: so did you consider both and what was your final decision?

For me, Mr Yeak mentioned doing a cement support for sink (L shaped counter) but somehow he'll use carpentry to ensure it's seamless :) My aunty's house suffered from quite a bit of warping at her sink (think maybe she used a laminate) so really don't wish for that to happen to my place...

A colleague of mine's entire counter is made of cement, with granite looking tiles and no cabinet doors (like a shelf)- to give a very raw feel- but i think it's a bit messy for my liking as I prefer items to be concealed...

@Jaskel> so philosophical... :rolleyes: so did you consider both and what was your final decision?

For me, Mr Yeak mentioned doing a cement support for sink (L shaped counter) but somehow he'll use carpentry to ensure it's seamless :) My aunty's house suffered from quite a bit of warping at her sink (think maybe she used a laminate) so really don't wish for that to happen to my place...

A colleague of mine's entire counter is made of cement, with granite looking tiles and no cabinet doors (like a shelf)- to give a very raw feel- but i think it's a bit messy for my liking as I prefer items to be concealed...

U see, using concrete with tiles, maintenance of the grouting is one of the issues. Using wood, that mean every 10-20 yrs need to change the cabinet. Still exploring the ideas on using glass concrete.

U see, using concrete with tiles, maintenance of the grouting is one of the issues. Using wood, that mean every 10-20 yrs need to change the cabinet. Still exploring the ideas on using glass concrete.

oh by all means if you dont mind spending more with Granite work top on concrete support, think this covered your grouting issue.

Using wood...10-20yrs is consider lucky, if unlucky, it takes you not more than 6months.

oh by all means if you dont mind spending more with Granite work top on concrete support, think this covered your grouting issue.

Using wood...10-20yrs is consider lucky, if unlucky, it takes you not more than 6months.

Ya true, 10-20 yrs is consider lucky liao.....suan really less than 6 mths.

Ya true, 10-20 yrs is consider lucky liao.....suan really less than 6 mths.

Is there a lot of people who uses concrete for their stove and sink? I always thought it is using wood now. Anyone pls feel free to share.

I'm thinking of doing concrete support + solid table top, sitting onto the concrete support. Built wooden cabinet to "conceal" the concrete support.

So in any case of leakage, cabinet spoil? Just change cabinet, concrete side support no issue, solid top also no issue... =)

My idea only, dunno works anot... =)

Edited by sunnytan31