Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jtcp82

Full Speed Ahead!

Okay so much for the existing condition. Here's the design plan. Trying to minimise the number of items that I need to custom make. In the end, only masterbedroom window bay, wardrobe door for bedroom 2, toilet cabinets, shoe rack, kitchen cabinets, cabinet for washing machine, Tv console, doors for storeroom and rubbish chute. Total damage S$11,500.

Designlayout.jpg

Edited by jtcp82

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hey looks like your finalised your contractor, looking forward to your updates :)

Hi Neighbour,

Yah finally got my contractor. Contractor should start work soon. But lazy to go and see cos my uncle will be monitoring them instead. Maybe weekend then go and see. Hows your renovation? So far so good?

Hi Neighbour,

Yah finally got my contractor. Contractor should start work soon. But lazy to go and see cos my uncle will be monitoring them instead. Maybe weekend then go and see. Hows your renovation? So far so good?

Haha most of the time I also only go down on wkends or when on leave. My reno is ok so far. Some touch ups needed, hopefully will get them done. Laminates up today :) Should be going down later to kpo. Haha.

Hacking soon for you!

Haha most of the time I also only go down on wkends or when on leave. My reno is ok so far. Some touch ups needed, hopefully will get them done. Laminates up today :) Should be going down later to kpo. Haha.

Hacking soon for you!

So hows your laminates flooring? My contractor just updated me that they only going to start work on Mon as the approval from HDB will be on this Fri. Well another week wasted. :bangwall: So when will your renovation complete?

Congras. See that you have done up for 4 bedrooms. Looks good. Cheers!

Thanks. I last minute change the carpenter because their company is at Malaysia and they ask me to give them to cheque that is address to a person and not the company. I find it very uncomfortable. Furthermore, the way they charge is not cheap either. So decided to change a new carpenter that charges 4K less. Somemore the new carpenter throw in the kitchen top also which the previous carpenter did not. But they have not show me their design yet. Hopefully is nice. :(

So hows your laminates flooring? My contractor just updated me that they only going to start work on Mon as the approval from HDB will be on this Fri. Well another week wasted. :bangwall: So when will your renovation complete?

laminates was half done when I went down yesterday, looks ok their workmanship... only my floor is dusty from all the reno and they are just laying over all that dust :unsure: is it commonly done like that??

yeah i also waited for a week for the permit to be approved... my reno still left with carpentry :( and after that all the rectifications before handover I guess? Seems so long the process...

Meanwhile I guess you could look around for the toilet and kitchen stuffs?

laminates was half done when I went down yesterday, looks ok their workmanship... only my floor is dusty from all the reno and they are just laying over all that dust :unsure: is it commonly done like that??

yeah i also waited for a week for the permit to be approved... my reno still left with carpentry :( and after that all the rectifications before handover I guess? Seems so long the process...

Meanwhile I guess you could look around for the toilet and kitchen stuffs?

It is common that it is dusty. Got to clean a few times before it is dust free.

Oh i guess your reno is finishing soon. You must be very excited.

Yah probably will go down during the weekends.

It is common that it is dusty. Got to clean a few times before it is dust free.

Oh i guess your reno is finishing soon. You must be very excited.

Yah probably will go down during the weekends.

Haha. I think more relieved that the process is drawing to an end.

But once they overlay on the dust, how to clean it? :unsure:

Haha. I think more relieved that the process is drawing to an end.

But once they overlay on the dust, how to clean it? :unsure:

I guess you have to mop a few times before you don feel the dust since you cannot pour water on your laminates.

I have went down to my place on Saturday and found out that the contractor have removed the existing window unit aircon and my ceiling fan. I was furious that they did not even bother to ask me for permission. I called the contractor and ask, their reason is that if the owner hand over the key to them means the owner does not want anything inside the house. They should have the basic courtesy to call me to ask and not removing all these things behind my back.Worst of all, I cannot scold him as he is my friend's father. :( Hope nothing bad will happen to my renovation.

I have went down to my place on Saturday and found out that the contractor have removed the existing window unit aircon and my ceiling fan. I was furious that they did not even bother to ask me for permission. I called the contractor and ask, their reason is that if the owner hand over the key to them means the owner does not want anything inside the house. They should have the basic courtesy to call me to ask and not removing all these things behind my back.Worst of all, I cannot scold him as he is my friend's father. :( Hope nothing bad will happen to my renovation.

That is a twisted logic ...

So, what if you want the aircon and ceiling fan? According to his logic, you need to take them out and keep it yourself?