Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi everyone!

I am in the midst of looking for quotations for my new place. I have been wondering if my budget is realistic, since the quotes I've been seeing on the forum have been 30k and up, and sometimes for a 3-room flat?!

My budget is about 20k, for a resale condo, where I will not have to do the floor, but will probably do up some feature walls for the living/dining/corridor entrance as well as the master bedroom. Other things include changing the master bedroom cupboards to a sliding door one, changing kitchen cabinet doors to glass/aluminium. Doesn't sound like a lot right? But one of the IDs have charged us about $28k, and that is not even inclusive of furniture.

Will I really have to spend so much?? Sigh. Advice appreciated!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi everyone!

My budget is about 20k, for a resale condo, where I will not have to do the floor, but will probably do up some feature walls for the living/dining/corridor entrance as well as the master bedroom. Other things include changing the master bedroom cupboards to a sliding door one, changing kitchen cabinet doors to glass/aluminium. Doesn't sound like a lot right? But one of the IDs have charged us about $28k, and that is not even inclusive of furniture.

Changing to glass and aluminium is expensive. I intend to do it for my house, but after that I change my mind. I use laminated glossy. Why dun u give your budget say $15k (5k for buffer) to an ID or contractor and let them proposed?

Then you can gauge the different quotes you get.

Hi everyone!

I am in the midst of looking for quotations for my new place. I have been wondering if my budget is realistic, since the quotes I've been seeing on the forum have been 30k and up, and sometimes for a 3-room flat?!

Will I really have to spend so much?? Sigh. Advice appreciated!

Hello,

I am Adeline here. If you don mind you can call me at my mobile or email me. I guess I am able to help you in your problem as I have been in this line for quite some time. And currently I also just got my key at Telok Blangah. And I am doing reno too... If you want to take a look at site. I can show you at my place.

My email: designeradeline@gmail.com

=)

Edited by DesignerAdeline

Changing to glass and aluminium is expensive. I intend to do it for my house, but after that I change my mind. I use laminated glossy. Why dun u give your budget say $15k (5k for buffer) to an ID or contractor and let them proposed?

Then you can gauge the different quotes you get.

Hi Adah,

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually good idea to use laminated glossy also. But are they as lasting, just wondering...

Also, I can set my budget low I guess, but I am just wondering whether or not it is a realistic budget!! :P

I see that your ID is from Ideal House? How do you find them so far?