Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
paopei

The Worst Service From Jetstarasia Frontline Staff

On 16 April 2010, I experienced the best and the worst service in Spore. The best service goes to the taxi driver SHB5099 from SMRT. Thanks to him I managed to reach airport at the critical time. SMRT should be proud to have him as SMRT staff. His willingness to help his customer is something that Jetstarasia's staff should learn about. Once again, thank you, Sir.

The worst service is from Jetstarasia's staff, Ms Ely, her manager and two other colleagues. Their unsympathetic attitude, unwillingness to empathy and help customer simply tarnish Jetstarasia image,especially they are the frontline staff. At 5.20 pm I received a call that my mother's condition is not good and need emergency operation. As a child, I have duty to be by her side before operation as we do not know what is the outcome. After several error, I managed to book online Jetstar's ticket, departure at 8.20 pm.

At 7.30 pm my husband at airport spoke to Ms Ely and requested twice for their help not to closed the system as I was rushing in the cab and would arrive soon. His request was rejected flatly eventhough at the same time, they processed other late passengers' boarding passes. Undeterred, I spoke through phone to Ms Ely at 7.35 pm explaining my condition and begged for her understanding. I told her that I would be able to arrive in 4 minutes and begged her again. She simply said" It's all depend on captain. You just come here. If the system is closed then closed"

Thanks to SMRT taxi driver, I managed to arrive Changi airport at 7.40 pm and ran all the way to Jetstar counter. I asked "Can I make it?". To my dismay, the staff bluntly said" closed already". I do not know how to describe my feeling at that time. Worried overy my mother, anger, frustation ... At the end, I bang the counter and requested to speak to the manager. Again, nobody approached us. I pleaded them " My mother is dying there, I need to fly tonight. I have begged you. Even the taxi driver is kind enough to help me. What's wrong with you all?" After the commotion, they processed my tickets with unhappines showed clearly in their face.

I would love to arrive airport in earliest time and board as usual without disturbing Jestarasia's staff as I know it is merely budget with no fancy services. However given my circumstances above, I can only try my very best to arrive in the earliest time. Ms Ely from Jetstarasia, you did not just fail to assist your customer. Your unwillingness to find out the truth and accuse the customer treated you like a dog is totally unacceptable. The reason why I bang the table is simply because I was helpless, frustated. Nobody from Jetstar were willing to assist me eventhough I have explained and begged the staff. Let me repeat, I have no intention to treat you all like a dog. Ms Ely, perhaps one day when your own parents are dying and you are in my position. Maybe you will be able to understand how I feel.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi there, sorry to hear abt ur incident. seriously this is not acceptable...yes normal gate closure is usu latest 45min but in urgent circumstances it can be pushed...i was ever in an SQ flght to JKT and we waited on board more than 20mins for late connecting passengers...and I even had experience of checking in 40mins before a flight...

i suggest either you write to the ST Forum or the GM of jetstar...seriously they shd b better trained to handle such situations...your case will not b the last occurence..

hi there, sorry to hear abt ur incident. seriously this is not acceptable...yes normal gate closure is usu latest 45min but in urgent circumstances it can be pushed...i was ever in an SQ flght to JKT and we waited on board more than 20mins for late connecting passengers...and I even had experience of checking in 40mins before a flight...

i suggest either you write to the ST Forum or the GM of jetstar...seriously they shd b better trained to handle such situations...your case will not b the last occurence..

Hi Eiffel, thanks for your reply. I sent to Strait Times but not sure whether they will post it or not. Posted in Hardwarezone forum too, sad to say but looks like guy there have different opinion. Looks like only people who can buy SQ tickets are allowed to have good service. Does Singaporean who take budget airline does not deserve to have understanding,emphathy from the airline staff? Only elite group who can afford SQ can have good service and can complain if they get bad service from SQ? If like that, forget about GEMS.