Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hammerlot

Sgx Sti Keep On Dropping

Everytime looking at the STI index and my stock, it always drop and drop. Whoever bought stock during this period will be suffering as the STI keeping on dropping further and further. Should we reinvest on the stock at this time again?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Everytime looking at the STI index and my stock, it always drop and drop. Whoever bought stock during this period will be suffering as the STI keeping on dropping further and further. Should we reinvest on the stock at this time again?

Don't spend time watching transcations, waste yr time.

Hold & wait till 19/5 when deadline up for partial debt to be paid by Greece.

Iceland/Spain/Portugal/Greece/Italy s' total GDP < 5% of wholeworld. The stock mkts are "over reaction".

Many co's dividend payable due this month/june/july, just hold. The problem is china at this time curbing the property mkt, adding salt to wound.

Edited by bepgof

now the stocking is picking up, is it technical pickup or real pick up

Today just managed to let go 200 lots of C & O, prepared to forego the divident of $0.04/per share book close on 8 July. Div $8K.

One must look at big picture first:

- Greece's debt is a structural problem, the lending or bail-out is temporary. The EC countries need to "win back" the confidence of private criditors, in terms of restructing measures, which take long time.

- Though US has "improved job employment figures, home sales, retail sales....", all these figures can go down anytime. US's debt is also very terrible, ppls keep spending "future" money. If yr friends keep buying things on credit, u still want to walk side by side with him?

- China curbs property, when stopping?Once bite, ppls take 6 months to erease the memory.

- Gov likely to do some curbs on property here, after GE, especially the COV issue.

All these are "not good signs", though S'pore or Asian countries in general, have bright futures and prosper well.

Stock mkt is very sensitive to "news" & volatile, up this moment & down the next moment, always "run" ahead of economic situation of a country..

- One must keep on reading to have "1st hand" info, if you get "news" from newspaper- it is too late.

- Based on experience, build the anticipation ability to see/smell/hear/think what are happening, then what will likely to happen next.

- Again wait for the day of 19/5/2010, see what happen.

Edited by bepgof

Delisted stock.

-I have 25 lots of General Magnetic share, which delisted recently, I have received the cert. Anyone here got hold stocks & get "delisted" from the stock exchange. Though of writing in to "scold" SGX, but second though tells me not to waste "bullet" when button can't cause any injury. I hold this stock for more than 10 years, yet....., loyalty does pay.

- Any channel available to get these stock sold? Voice up in AGM? Force company to voluntorily wind up?

Edited by bepgof

usu before delist, they wld call for EGM. were u informed?

great eastern was one example..

wat do u mean by channel avail to get those stock sold?

usu before delist, they wld call for EGM. were u informed?

great eastern was one example..

wat do u mean by channel avail to get those stock sold?

Informed, news released in stockexchange web, price lower than par value, how to sell, prefer company voluntarily winds up & get back my portion. Now, holding the certs... going to frame up and hand over to son/daughter during their wedding day as gift - good idea?

Mkt now full of uncertainties...Greece got debt, iceland broke, USA- like to spend future money, debt so high that whole population need to work 10 years for free to pay the present debt! Very dangerous!

World cup's coming, ppl started cash out from stock mkt, mkt nose down...HDB/URA to inject more flats/land....property counters very dangerous....

Edited by bepgof