Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dream916

Developer Moved My Power Circuit Breaker Box Without Notification And Permission

Developer’s contractor started rectifying the defects in my apartment. I was told they needed 10 days to rectify. Thus, I handed my apartment to the contractor.

However, when I checked on my apartment a few days later, I am very shocked to see them moving my power circuit breaker box from the kitchen cabinet to the living room without my permission and notification.

The circuit breaker box is oddly positioned at the entrance of my living room without any cabinet covering it.

After checking with the contractor, he said that this is part of Power Supply requirement. My lawyer has already wrote to the Developer regarding this matter. I have yet to receive any letter from the developer proving that this is power supply requirement. And to date, I am still unable to open electricity supply account under my own name.

My initial plan was to place a floor to ceiling TV console cum storage at the position. But because of the oddly positioned power circuit breaker box, the box is now sitting by the side of my intended floor to ceiling TV console cum storage. I cannot place my TV console cum storage against the wall. I would have to sacrify part of the space so that the power circuit box can open.

I would appreciate if someone could advise me on the following:

1) Can developer change the position of circuit breaker after TOP?

2) Who can I consult if I want move my circuit breaker box to another position?

3) Is there any website stating the regulatory requirement of the position of the circuit breaker box?

4) Anyone with similar experience? How do you handle the above situation?

5) Any recommendation of licenced electrical engineer who is familiar with the positioning of the power circuit box? I am thinking of moving the circuit breaker box to another position.

TIA

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Developer's contractor started rectifying the defects in my apartment. I was told they needed 10 days to rectify. Thus, I handed my apartment to the contractor.

However, when I checked on my apartment a few days later, I am very shocked to see them moving my power circuit breaker box from the kitchen cabinet to the living room without my permission and notification.

The circuit breaker box is oddly positioned at the entrance of my living room without any cabinet covering it.

After checking with the contractor, he said that this is part of Power Supply requirement. My lawyer has already wrote to the Developer regarding this matter. I have yet to receive any letter from the developer proving that this is power supply requirement. And to date, I am still unable to open electricity supply account under my own name.

My initial plan was to place a floor to ceiling TV console cum storage at the position. But because of the oddly positioned power circuit breaker box, the box is now sitting by the side of my intended floor to ceiling TV console cum storage. I cannot place my TV console cum storage against the wall. I would have to sacrify part of the space so that the power circuit box can open.

I would appreciate if someone could advise me on the following:

1) Can developer change the position of circuit breaker after TOP?

2) Who can I consult if I want move my circuit breaker box to another position?

3) Is there any website stating the regulatory requirement of the position of the circuit breaker box?

4) Anyone with similar experience? How do you handle the above situation?

5) Any recommendation of licenced electrical engineer who is familiar with the positioning of the power circuit box? I am thinking of moving the circuit breaker box to another position.

TIA

1. Are you sure the relocation of incoming "ELCB cum switches/fuses" made by contractor is permanent? If yes, meaning quite many power cables(power pt, lighting..) already re-wired. Or relocation is just temporary? Very interesting.

2. Must know the reason of relocation such, ie: old location obstruct something, or the incoming 3 phase/1phase power cables riser somehow "modified" after TOP. It is right to ask lawyer to get an answer.

3. Your bought the unit which was "unsold for years" by developer?

4. PM you the contact details for a PE friend for years.

Edited by bepgof

Ask to see the electrical layout drawing for your unit. This drawing is submitted to BCA for approval and should show where is the approved location of your ELCB.