Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
curryqueen

The Cave

love your ideas!!

you can get the pipes from those hardware stores in jalan besar I think... those that supply the heavy stuff to contractors

Thanks, Patsy! love ur shoe cabinets and HWS bathrm rack!

May go stroll along Jln Besar when I source for sinks and all the toilet & electrical stuff and see if they have these pipes coz when I was walking along the paya lebar/Tai Sing industrial estate that day to check out Gnee Hong, Comfort & Lush, I saw alot of factories but none of them seems to sell these industrial pipes... :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi curryqueen! congrats on your new flat! came to this blog via your "How Much Cov Did You Pay For Your "loanshark" Flat?" thread. Did you seriously bought it?

Hi curryqueen! congrats on your new flat! came to this blog via your "How Much Cov Did You Pay For Your "loanshark" Flat?" thread. Did you seriously bought it?

Yes, I did. :P

I thought really long and hard about this and figured that as long as I stay in a HDB flat, there will always be a possibility that the place will kena decorated by loansharks, even if you are an innocent neighbour, so what the heck...

Saw from your blog that you engaged Ho Bee as your contractor but a separate electrician. Am thinking of doing the same as you and was wondering if you could pm me your electrical quote from the electrician so that make a comparison.

Thanks!

Edited by curryqueen

Got my first quotation from Ho Bee :D

Am now wondering if its really necessary to have a kitchen cabinet, fridge and washing machine base if I don't pour water to wash the kitchen flr. I suppose only if the kitchen floods then will have issues.

Apart from those who did suspended kitchen cabinets, has anyone done their kitchen without the bases?

Edited by curryqueen

fridge base and washer base depends on individual, not a necessity if you dun flood ur kitchen...who does anyway..?

better not to build one, nowadays electronic products dun last, it may restrict your future purchase of a fridge or washer, especially as time goes by, family may require a bigger washer or fridge then u would have a problem...

i like the second dining table pic!! all retail options are **** ex though... :(

i also asked the same question as you about the bases in the kitchen. had to debate with several contractors about it, some insisted it was not possible to do without because the bases helps level the cabinets cos apparently flooring might not be level. Some just accepted that i didn't want bases.

anyhoo, i think bases for fridge and washer aren't necessary..but its your call..

are you going to do the kitchen table DIY ? Cos even if you supply the wood and pipes, i'm not sure how much the carpenters will charge ...

I have seen the build-in kitchen cabinets done by developers for new condos and they also have the bases too. Usually if not needed, they wouldnt have added in this extra cost.

It may be for leveling purposes ....

i like the second dining table pic!! all retail options are **** ex though... :(

i also asked the same question as you about the bases in the kitchen. had to debate with several contractors about it, some insisted it was not possible to do without because the bases helps level the cabinets cos apparently flooring might not be level. Some just accepted that i didn't want bases.

anyhoo, i think bases for fridge and washer aren't necessary..but its your call..

Got my first quotation from Ho Bee :D

Am now wondering if its really necessary to have a kitchen cabinet, fridge and washing machine base if I don't pour water to wash the kitchen flr. I suppose only if the kitchen floods then will have issues.

Apart from those who did suspended kitchen cabinets, has anyone done their kitchen without the bases?

my home doesn't have fridge and washing machine base, else if need to change fridge/washer in future and the size doesn't fit, headache le...

but for the cabinet, we have the good old cabinet base with tile finish. for a few contractors that we went to, most admit that tile finish doesn't look pretty but it's good for a durable kitchen :)

it depends on your need... i guess if you dun use the kitchen often, perhaps you may not need bases :)

It's the whole look with the chairs that makes it so drool-worthy.. not easy to find.. :(

Edited by curryqueen

Yo curryqueen, last month's home and decor featured a home with a gaming character/starwar theme, it showed how they incorporate the display or models and figurines etc at home. maybe you can take a look? :)

Yo curryqueen, last month's home and decor featured a home with a gaming character/starwar theme, it showed how they incorporate the display or models and figurines etc at home. maybe you can take a look? :)

Heh...got it already! I really want to do what they did... have a whole wall for figurine display.. But that would mean no space for bks... so am still thinking how to balance it out.. :D

Took a walk around HN & Gain City today..didn't expect the gas hob and WM to be so expensive.. gave a call to Goh Ah Bee too... GAB can't give an discount and the price is not that competitive (maybe $50 or so less than retail price). Am wondering if I have to go down in person so that they can give me a better quote..:-(

Gain City quoted me $2089 for a MHI System 2 inverter+installation. Add $150 for the s/s brackets, $60 more for upgrade to 1/2 insulation (no upgrade, it's 3/8 inch) and$60 more for gauge 22 (no upgrade it's Gauge 23).Just checked the price of the same thing on Coolserv and it's abt the same price.. am wondering if it's worth it and can bargain till how much freebies..

Will probably go down Jln Besar tmrw to check out the cost of all the toilet stuff and lights. Will also check the Bellari outlet there too. Their website kena virus 1 yr ago till now haven't fix. :bleah:

GR link, Poh Joo, Hoe Kee & Lightings.com.sg-- here i come!

Edited by curryqueen

that is a v unique table with pipes! anyway, i did without a fridge base and washing machine base. contractor said if always wash e flr with alot of water then might be necessary if not just do without! can save some costs also! im very interested in the final look for ur house. unique furnitures!!

Took a walk around HN & Gain City today..didn't expect the gas hob and WM to be so expensive.. gave a call to Goh Ah Bee too... GAB can't give an discount and the price is not that competitive (maybe $50 or so less than retail price). Am wondering if I have to go down in person so that they can give me a better quote..:-(

Gain City quoted me $2089 for a MHI System 2 inverter+installation. Add $150 for the s/s brackets, $60 more for upgrade to 1/2 insulation (no upgrade, it's 3/8 inch) and$60 more for gauge 22 (no upgrade it's Gauge 23).Just checked the price of the same thing on Coolserv and it's abt the same price.. am wondering if it's worth it and can bargain till how much freebies..

Will probably go down Jln Besar tmrw to check out the cost of all the toilet stuff and lights. Will also check the Bellari outlet there too. Their website kena virus 1 yr ago till now haven't fix. :bleah:

GR link, Poh Joo, Hoe Kee & Lightings.com.sg-- here i come!

very unique ideas you have! i like ur pipe furniture! can i copy? :P i might be using PVC pipes thou. hee....

will u be using air con frequently? otherwise, non inverter might suffice... i'm using non-inverter... oso from gain city.. total cost around 1.7k... but i think the workmanship is ok only....

lightings.com offers 1 of the most competitive prices in lights.. but some might not be too unique... u can look at the website 1st if u dun wanna go down... 1 day go so many places will be very tiring de... been there, tried that... :P

good luck!!