Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
curryqueen

The Cave

Kitchen cabinet was up too!

CIMG0221DesktopResolution.jpg

hmm u aren't doing top cabinets right? to have 3 wire casing running down from ceiling wouldn't look too nice...its exposed right?

better to get electrician to run just one casing and then to the other 2.

oh yes, white kitchen. :) nice! stainless steel top still?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hmm u aren't doing top cabinets right? to have 3 wire casing running down from ceiling wouldn't look too nice...its exposed right?

better to get electrician to run just one casing and then to the other 2.

oh yes, white kitchen. :) nice! stainless steel top still?

Nah.. the top will be boxed up.. and yes! Still S/S counterop! The kitchen is the only portion that I have not modified since the beginning. Everything else has been changing!

Nah.. the top will be boxed up.. and yes! Still S/S counterop! The kitchen is the only portion that I have not modified since the beginning. Everything else has been changing!

boxed up using wood? gonna put backing?

:) another stainless steel kitchen coming up! must make sure the installation for sink/hob, etc on the countertop is done properly and siliconed properly. Mine did a lousy job, and we had to scrape off excess silicon - which caused fine scratches on the top! grrr.....

waiting to see your cave! :)

boxed up using wood? gonna put backing?

:) another stainless steel kitchen coming up! must make sure the installation for sink/hob, etc on the countertop is done properly and siliconed properly. Mine did a lousy job, and we had to scrape off excess silicon - which caused fine scratches on the top! grrr.....

waiting to see your cave! :)

Yah.. boxed using wood, no backing.

They did my first coat of paint! I :wub: it!!

As my house is starting to look less modern and more retro, I made the decision not to go for Black but Dulux All-in-1 "Heritage" instead. It's a beautiful deep, black brown. Can't wait to take pics when they complete it and let you guys see! It's lovely!

Edited by curryqueen

I suck at taking photos... I don't know how to get a good angle, so I apologise for the qlty of the photos in advance. Anyway, the flooring is done and I LURVE it. I never knew that the skirting and trimming colours for laminates do not come in the same colour tone as the laminate. Spent 30 mins deciding my skirting and trimming colour. Thank God there's a skirting colour similar to my laminate flr!

For all those who intend to do laminate floor: before you decide on your laminate flr pattern, ask to take a look at the skirting and trimming colour range. It would be seriously hideous if your trimming is one colour, flr is another, wall is another, skirting is another... headache.

Aluminum trim to MBR loo and kitchen

CIMG0234DesktopResolution.jpg

CIMG0229DesktopResolution-1.jpg

Floor

CIMG0230DesktopResolution.jpg

CIMG0232DesktopResolution.jpg

CIMG0231DesktopResolution.jpg

Edited by curryqueen

I felt that the dividing wall btw the 2 bedrms was too bright and decided to paint it in Heritage as well

CIMG0233DesktopResolution.jpg

Whatever walls that you see white here will be painted dark..

CIMG0235DesktopResolution.jpg

The main dr isn't painted yet, but I like the look of the place so far. If I get sick of the warm light, I may change one set of lights to white lights...

CIMG0236DesktopResolution.jpg

Wrt to the humongous aircon trunking at the MBR, I decided to place 3 T5 lights under it and pretend that it's a feature. The horizontal aircon trunking will be painted Heritage while the vertical trunking colour will be similar to the wall..

CIMG0237DesktopResolution.jpg

They did the second coat of paint today, so everything is much darker and more cave-like. :D

nice, but i wun have the courage to use such a dark colour as heritage. but I admit, it's turning out very nicely. :good:

starting to look very cave like! :)

u gonna have a tv in the living room..? under the window?

how are your grilles doing... goood..?

oh my i think i saw footprints on your laminates....are there still works to be done in the house? u gotta protect the laminates if so..

Thanks all!

The TV will be in the common bedroom. LVR will have dining set, my bks and shoes.

Yes, Gimz, they are still doing works to the place.Footprints of EVERYONE there. Most of the workers take their shoes off before coming in, so not so bad. I figured I'd put Pergo to the test and see if it's really scratch resistant... :D

Mosquito screens for the MBR and kitchen were up today. Almost invisible and you can't really see them.

Grilles are coming in this Sat.. hope it turns out ok.. I've got no eyes to see liao. Going to F.A. was a mistake!! Should have stuck with City Aluminium. It's not as if F.A. was cheap either.. Need to say gd bye to my lovely ungrilled windows soon.. :(

Wrt to the kitchen walls, I had originally wanted to paint the kitchen window wall orange. After the first coat of orange, i shuddered. I wanted it to be bright and cheerful but didn't expect it to be so LOUD. So I changed it to Heritage (which I think was the only colour that could cover the colour). It's not bad, but I think I should have left the walls in Barely White.

I love the Barely White colour from Dulux.. It's white with a tinge of grey. Not obvious until you place while and Barely White side to side and see the diff. Wall colours were definitely :good:

Have started packing..so far 10 boxes of bks, 1 box of CD/VCD (that's after removing them from their jewel cases), 3 boxes of kitchen things (my mum happily giving me her tupperware, plates, pots and dishes that I've brought with me fr HK,etc) and I'm onto my clothes. I find it really hard to give up my clothes..I know I should be ruthless and just put clothes I've not worn in a year in the"give away" box, but it's just so hard!!

They did my LVR cabinets wrongly! Supposed to be 30cm but now 40cm! Shoe Cabinet 2 dr became 4-dr. Sliding dr 60cm became 120cm! :bangwall:

Going to meet them this afternoon to see how they can resolve it.

Thanks all!

The TV will be in the common bedroom. LVR will have dining set, my bks and shoes.

Yes, Gimz, they are still doing works to the place.Footprints of EVERYONE there. Most of the workers take their shoes off before coming in, so not so bad. I figured I'd put Pergo to the test and see if it's really scratch resistant... :D

Mosquito screens for the MBR and kitchen were up today. Almost invisible and you can't really see them.

Grilles are coming in this Sat.. hope it turns out ok.. I've got no eyes to see liao. Going to F.A. was a mistake!! Should have stuck with City Aluminium. It's not as if F.A. was cheap either.. Need to say gd bye to my lovely ungrilled windows soon.. :(

Wrt to the kitchen walls, I had originally wanted to paint the kitchen window wall orange. After the first coat of orange, i shuddered. I wanted it to be bright and cheerful but didn't expect it to be so LOUD. So I changed it to Heritage (which I think was the only colour that could cover the colour). It's not bad, but I think I should have left the walls in Barely White.

I love the Barely White colour from Dulux.. It's white with a tinge of grey. Not obvious until you place while and Barely White side to side and see the diff. Wall colours were definitely :good:

Have started packing..so far 10 boxes of bks, 1 box of CD/VCD (that's after removing them from their jewel cases), 3 boxes of kitchen things (my mum happily giving me her tupperware, plates, pots and dishes that I've brought with me fr HK,etc) and I'm onto my clothes. I find it really hard to give up my clothes..I know I should be ruthless and just put clothes I've not worn in a year in the"give away" box, but it's just so hard!!

Glad you like your flooring :D

Pergo is very good for scratch resistance, but not against a drill bit that is attached to a hammer drill :( Can see the damage done at my Tampines tblog.