Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi all, anybody used Hwa Li Design & Build for their renovation? if yes, pls comment on

workmanship, realiability etc. thanks !! :D

Hi,

are you talking about the one located at beauty world. if you are, pls do not use them, because my house is currently renovated by them and has already dragged on for 5 months, still ongoing now. Very disappointed and unhappy. The kitchen workmanship was horrible that they have to mend it many times before I finally accept, not because i was really satisfied, but because i didn't want the hassle of hacking the whole kitchen down and finding another contractor. And my ID's attitude, though not the worst, has been very laxed. He did not even look at the reno works done in my house but still commented that he found the worksmanship ok, and our expectations being too high, until we sent him an mms of the work done, only then did he agree.

I was told by my ID that my house can be done in 3 weeks, and even though I gave them 5 mths, it's still not done up properly.

Hi,

are you talking about the one located at beauty world. if you are, pls do not use them, because my house is currently renovated by them and has already dragged on for 5 months, still ongoing now. Very disappointed and unhappy. The kitchen workmanship was horrible that they have to mend it many times before I finally accept, not because i was really satisfied, but because i didn't want the hassle of hacking the whole kitchen down and finding another contractor. And my ID's attitude, though not the worst, has been very laxed. He did not even look at the reno works done in my house but still commented that he found the worksmanship ok, and our expectations being too high, until we sent him an mms of the work done, only then did he agree.

I was told by my ID that my house can be done in 3 weeks, and even though I gave them 5 mths, it's still not done up properly.

my opinion on hwa li ............ i think they are very experienced contractors.... but they don't really design well

hi dido1234, wow 5 mths is really too much alridi. not exactly targeting any branch cause

someone used e one at Jurong & it was ok. gosh, different branch also give different standard. so haven't resolved it yet? thanks for e feedback, really appreciate

hi reno guru, u mean they're own designers as well? can't design well as in cannot produce customers' idea or in wat area? :thumbs up:

hi dido1234, wow 5 mths is really too much alridi. not exactly targeting any branch cause

someone used e one at Jurong & it was ok. gosh, different branch also give different standard. so haven't resolved it yet? thanks for e feedback, really appreciate

hi reno guru, u mean they're own designers as well? can't design well as in cannot produce customers' idea or in wat area? :thumbs up:

noobhouse.... what i am saying is that they are no real interior designers... probably just design consultant cum coordinator.... they just advise you based on things they have seen and did so far ... they will probably help you alot on what to construct and what not to .... but the design sense is not there ....

yes finally the final item, my sink is done up. They had to mend that which took them another 1 week, because they put silicon of about 0.7cm to stick the top onto the side of the wall. it was ridiculous, the silicon which is white stood out so much, isn't it obvious that there is something wrong? anyway, they patch it up, i don't know how they did it, but visually, i see less of the silicon already.

I think it's important to find a good ID as well. My ID was too lax and like i said, he didn't bother to look at the finished product and just tell me everything is done and done up nicely.

If you are serious about engaging their services, pm me, i can give you the name of my ID whom you can avoid. But frankly some parts of my kitchen's wood is not cut up nicely, my another contractor commented that it's because of them over using their blade without changing. I hope you won't get my contractor that Hwa Li engaged.

My neighbour did his renovation by Hwa Li at Beauty World. It was really good. He recommended this company. David is a nice, helpful and knowledgeable person. 

On 5/19/2010 at 10:07 PM, dido1234 said:

Hi,

I would like to commence on this post, regarding dido 1234 is the competitor of Hwa Li, we did not renovate the house of dido11234, and dido1234 also don't have any house to renovate that time.

We know that design is very individual likes, and affordability.

What type of project in design, can done in 3 weeks? small project"? big project? or no bull**** project that dido 1234 mentioning, can drag until 5 months? who believe? only donkey will believe that ridicule.

Hope that those who read this, ask Hwa Li itself ... call Hwa Li Design ...

On 5/19/2010 at 10:07 PM, dido1234 said:

Hi,

I would like to commence on this post, regarding dido 1234 is the competitor of Hwa Li, we did not renovate the house of dido11234, and dido1234 also don't have any house to renovate that time.

We know that design is very individual likes, and affordability.

What type of project in design, can done in 3 weeks? small project"? big project? or no project at all that dido 1234 mentioning, can drag until 5 months? who believe? only donkey will believe that ridicule.

I found out from Hwa Li Design, they say have one project that the owner refuse to pay according to the progressive payment, so they just stop the work, wait for the payment. because of the owner is playing dirty, so Hwa Li Discontinue to do the work, then the owner hired another ID company to continue, then the ID drag the job, not Hwa Li. Please do not believe what is dido1234 (The dirty guy)'s post.

Hope that those who read this, ask Hwa Li itself ... call Hwa Li Design ...

On 6/1/2010 at 10:30 AM, dido1234 said:

yes finally the final item, my sink is done up. They had to mend that which took them another 1 week, because they put silicon of about 0.7cm to stick the top onto the side of the wall. it was ridiculous, the silicon which is white stood out so much, isn't it obvious that there is something wrong? anyway, they patch it up, i don't know how they did it, but visually, i see less of the silicon already.

I think it's important to find a good ID as well. My ID was too lax and like i said, he didn't bother to look at the finished product and just tell me everything is done and done up nicely.

If you are serious about engaging their services, pm me, i can give you the name of my ID whom you can avoid. But frankly some parts of my kitchen's wood is not cut up nicely, my another contractor commented that it's because of them over using their blade without changing. I hope you won't get my contractor that Hwa Li engaged.

dirty guy dido1234 do not want to pay money, so ...... Hwa Li stopped the dirty guy's work .... then He jump in the Chat.. hahahahha

Hi

I used the branch at Jurong. This is my account of my kitchen renovation done by that branch and handled by Mr Kok.

My house underwent HDB toilet upgrade and engaged a different contractor for my kitchen renovation. We bounced into this contractor shop 1.5 years before our renovation needs to take place. Mr Kok's genuine customer care left me and my mother deep impression. He asked us to look for him again when we need to look into renovation as it was too early that time for detailed planning. He knew that the conversation and service attended to us was not an obligation for us to engage him. We parted with his namecard. When the time comes,  we also looked into renotalk forum, contacted a few reputed name of contractor as well as through open online request for ID or contractor to take our kitchen renovation job. I found that not many are interested with just the kitchen renovation although mine was a full kitchen renovation. Perhaps the scale would not provide much money making for the contractor. Either that or the IDs that came were v busy people and discussion did not last long because they had too many projects on hand. With all the discussions and quotations, Mr Kok showed his consistent customer care service and heart. In addition, my kitchen renovation is not at the top-notch kind of requirement but we would also want a reasonable quality. Importantly is not to short-changed our requirement or feel cheated at the end. He is considered careful and he showed his experience and willingness to deal with another contractor (HDB contractor for the toilet) because our kitchen renovation was right after the HDB toilet upgrade. He helped us think through (of course it is customer's responsibility to make plan and think through too and not to rely totally on contractor) the sequence of jobs, alerted us on details to manage such as water supply cut-off, gas supply disconnection, dismantle and ultimate reconnection etc. Including also the washing machine piping and drainage and personally handled with the HDB contractor on issue with the washing machine drainage due to the reconstructed toilet frame etc. We witnessed (because we continue to stay at the house while all the renovation took place) the way Mr Kok arranged their company's own workers (hacking of floors and walls, cementing, tiling, cabinet, counter-top, refute bin, sliding door, water piping, basin and etc) to carry out the work as each area of works were handled by different group of workers. All the workers were under Mr Kok's company which has an advantage of quality and schedule control. Most of the days when the key works were to be carried out, Mr Kok would personally came down on-site to ensure the start of the work and instructions covered the works to be done correctly. Being a heartlander customer, I came across Mr Kok as a trustworthy and responsible contractor. Although my budget could not compete with those customer who has much higher taste and budget, Mr Kok continues his same customer care and service believing that is his way to handle his work and help his customer. I would say my kitchen renovation is considered mid to slightly above range of scale (in terms of materials, customer requirement). Many who visited my kitchen renovation commented it was simple and nice. I did not go for complicated or fanciful kitchen requirement. I am fortunate and happy to have met and receive Mr Kok for his kindness and genuine trustworthy service to us.