Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Below is our almost white theme for our new flat =)! still under progress..

Main Reason for choosing white:

Fengshui (Only can choose light colours like biege, light brown, yellow and white) =P to avoid quarrels between husband and wife...=P

Basically, up till now...about 90% of the items are in white except for electricals + plumbing items

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30222

Edited by mahjongace

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Below is our almost white theme for our new flat =)! still under progress..

Main Reason for choosing white:

Fengshui (Only can choose light colours like biege, light brown, yellow and white) =P to avoid quarrels between husband and wife...=P

Basically, up till now...about 90% of the items are in white except for electricals + plumbing items

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30222

hi mahjongace,

tks vm for sharing....love ur white kitchen and living room....super nice. ur false ceiling is very unique! not the usual L box...

did u customise ur bedframe also? with storage rite? mind to share how much ur id charge u for the bedframe?

tks again!

hey qiqi,

my place mostly white too.. been nearly 6mths now, n so far so good.

its hubby's idea actually to have house mostly white cos it looks brighter n more spacious. we jz throw in a bit of color here n there like diff color cushions for sofa, vases, etc.. our sofa is grey in color btw.. i kinda vetoed on the white sofa.. :P

i usually use those melamine sponge to clean the wall if see smudges tts hard to clean. but do note tt it will dull shiny surfaces tho..

like weiwei say, white floor tiles a bit higher maintenance, can even see one strand of hair on the floor but its ok for me cos i dun mind vacuuming most times.. only my bedrooms, we use laminate flooring.

think u shud go wif ur heart on wat u like for ur reno.. good luck !! :D

Hi Butterfingerzz,

tks for sharing! :)

checked ur blog, very nice hse u got there...all white + green plant combi--tats what i wanted for my hse! bright and a bit of resort feel...love it! :)

ID proposes black tinted mirror (instead of my initial idea of white mirrror) in the living room...not sure it's going to spoilt the all white theme i wanted. also cant decide on the kind of curtain to use...sis prefers roman blind, i wanted curtain-those sheer n light weight fabri but cant do w/o night curtain...am thinking of installing both roller blind and day curtain, not sure if it's a good idea...any comment on the maintenance of roller blind?

notice u using fujioh hood & hob, im considering fx900 too! any advice?

tks in advance!

Just like butterfingerzz, my walls are white [not pure pure white]. We also opted white laminates to some of our built-in cupboard to flush with the wall colour. It is just a personal preference.

The paint used was ICI Light n Space's Frosted Dawn. Light n Space, with its technology, makes a room reflect twice as much. Hence, giving a sense of spaciousness, and brightness, throughout.

Personally, having white walls make it easier to have arrays of other colours to mix-and-match furnishings. Maintenance is not that difficult. Infact, since it is always easier to spot marks/dirt/smudges on white surface, cleaning comes naturally thus making it 'clean' again.

Hi Butterfingerzz,

tks for sharing! :)

checked ur blog, very nice hse u got there...all white + green plant combi--tats what i wanted for my hse! bright and a bit of resort feel...love it! :)

ID proposes black tinted mirror (instead of my initial idea of white mirrror) in the living room...not sure it's going to spoilt the all white theme i wanted. also cant decide on the kind of curtain to use...sis prefers roman blind, i wanted curtain-those sheer n light weight fabri but cant do w/o night curtain...am thinking of installing both roller blind and day curtain, not sure if it's a good idea...any comment on the maintenance of roller blind?

notice u using fujioh hood & hob, im considering fx900 too! any advice?

tks in advance!

thanks..

i tink if u put in a big piece of black tinted mirror, it will kinda spoil the all white theme.. why dun u ask him to show u a 3D of his proposals, put in black then replace by white and see which u like better..

we jz kinda vacuum the blinds n wipe them once in awhile... :P

i seldom cook so cant really comment.. :P but my MIL uses the same hood & hob, and she hasnt complained, so think its alrite.. also her kitchen is open-concept and she cooks quite a lot, so i m guessing the hood is pretty good at wat its boasting it cud do.. :D

yeah u shud chk out Reiki's t-blog, very nice house.. :D

Just like butterfingerzz, my walls are white [not pure pure white]. We also opted white laminates to some of our built-in cupboard to flush with the wall colour. It is just a personal preference.

The paint used was ICI Light n Space's Frosted Dawn. Light n Space, with its technology, makes a room reflect twice as much. Hence, giving a sense of spaciousness, and brightness, throughout.

Personally, having white walls make it easier to have arrays of other colours to mix-and-match furnishings. Maintenance is not that difficult. Infact, since it is always easier to spot marks/dirt/smudges on white surface, cleaning comes naturally thus making it 'clean' again.

i picked light & space and my contractor strongly discouraged me (he even said this range may be discontinued soon). he said this range of paint will amplify the roughness of the wall surface. ie, wall will not looks creamy smooth. do you experience this?

Hi Reiki,

ur hse is very nice and cosy...am still waiting for my 2nd 3d drawings, hv asked for both white solid top and black granite top (for easy maintenance but additional costs) for the kitchen. saw ur white kitchen with black top very nice too! heee...will see

hi butterfingerzz,

ya, shld hv also ask id for 3d with both white and black mirror...

thanks both of u for sharing....hope my hse will turn out as nice as urs....:)

i picked light & space and my contractor strongly discouraged me (he even said this range may be discontinued soon). he said this range of paint will amplify the roughness of the wall surface. ie, wall will not looks creamy smooth. do you experience this?

Not sure if this range may or will be discontinued soon.

As to amplify the roughness of the wall surface, it didn't occur. Perhaps, cos of the good workmanship the contractors did with the wall plaster. I was, indeed, very pleased with the choice and it does give that smooth look. Somehow, I still think it should not give us a problem. :)

Hi Reiki,

ur hse is very nice and cosy...am still waiting for my 2nd 3d drawings, hv asked for both white solid top and black granite top (for easy maintenance but additional costs) for the kitchen. saw ur white kitchen with black top very nice too! heee...will see

thanks both of u for sharing....hope my hse will turn out as nice as urs....:)

My experience with black granite top. Both my vanity top use black granite top. The one thing that I am kinda disappointed with it, is the dried watermark stains.

I am sure your house will turn turn nice, qiqi. :)

hi mahjongace,

tks vm for sharing....love ur white kitchen and living room....super nice. ur false ceiling is very unique! not the usual L box...

did u customise ur bedframe also? with storage rite? mind to share how much ur id charge u for the bedframe?

tks again!

Hihi...just saw your reply...For the bedframe...i bought from EXPO Sealy bed with storage bedframe (white)...more photos to follow in my blog after this week when all my furniture coming on Saturday =)

hihi,

may i check with u guys on the granite kitchen top? my id quote my additional $40 per feet if change from solid surface to granite, is this reasonable?

thanks!

Guest kksiong
hihi,

may i check with u guys on the granite kitchen top? my id quote my additional $40 per feet if change from solid surface to granite, is this reasonable?

thanks!

how much is your solid surface and what kind of grantie are they giving u?