Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zio

Bathroom Problems

1) The stainless steel rack that I use to hold bottles of shampoo and body foam is showing signs of rust, I though stainless steel wont rust ? Why is this happening ?

2) Bathroom accessories are not stainless steel, any is appearing to have dots of stain on the steel, is it due to water when it dries up ? What solution can be done ?

3) My 4mths old bathroom tiles constantly having yellowish stain which I can easily brush off using a brush. What causes these yellowish stains ? Anyone knows ? The same goes for the flooring tiles in the bathroom.

Many Thanks for those who can provide advices and help. ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
1) The stainless steel rack that I use to hold bottles of shampoo and body foam is showing signs of rust, I though stainless steel wont rust ? Why is this happening ?

2) Bathroom accessories are not stainless steel, any is appearing to have dots of stain on the steel, is it due to water when it dries up ? What solution can be done ?

3) My 4mths old bathroom tiles constantly having yellowish stain which I can easily brush off using a brush. What causes these yellowish stains ? Anyone knows ? The same goes for the flooring tiles in the bathroom.

Many Thanks for those who can provide advices and help. ;)

1. Stainless steel comes with many grade, SS316, SS402, SS706, etc. Using normal "Brasso" to clean the rust. Somehow the SS intact with some acidic fluid.

2. You are right, it the rust is light, use WD40 rub with cloth, if rust is heavy, use "Brasso".

3. "Deposit" of residual water. This is quite "normal", should clean bathroom everyday with soup water (PH<7), make ventilation as much as possible.

Glassware is best, but easy to break, stainless steel best to use SS316. In fact, I allow not "wood" stuff within bathrooms, and have changed all screws to SS402.

Edited by bepgof

hi my ikea toilet fittings also rust haah!

however i was able to scrub off using normal 3M sponge...hope this helps..

1. Stainless steel comes with many grade, SS316, SS402, SS706, etc. Using normal "Brasso" to clean the rust. Somehow the SS intact with some acidic fluid.

2. You are right, it the rust is light, use WD40 rub with cloth, if rust is heavy, use "Brasso".

3. "Deposit" of residual water. This is quite "normal", should clean bathroom everyday with soup water (PH<7), make ventilation as much as possible.

Glassware is best, but easy to break, stainless steel best to use SS316. In fact, I allow not "wood" stuff within bathrooms, and have changed all screws to SS402.

wow thx for your advice...

you seems very knowledgeable on such hardwares eh :D

hi my ikea toilet fittings also rust haah!

however i was able to scrub off using normal 3M sponge...hope this helps..

thx for the info ;)