Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Newie-X

My Conclusion About Curtain Makers - Just Go For The Cheapest!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I used D'Zander based on the recommendations from internet, for mostly timber & roller blinds around my flat.

The price is not only substantially cheaper than what I was quoted by the blinds maker "introduced" by my ID but the end result turn out to be the same mechanism as what the more expensive co. quoted for and the best part is, D'Zander quote comes with real timber blinds vs PVC blinds by the more expensive quote.

The service is excellent as well and they are able to speed up their schedule for me at my request. They are also prompt with coming back to install a set of missing blinds as they had got the measurements wrong the first time. The installers were also very friendly and willingly helped to install one set of blind which I purchased from Ikea (of cos, I gave them some coffee money after they finished their work). They also used those vacuum attached to drill so there is not much dust from all the drilling of holes. I am satisfied with the end product and the service.

My conclusion is, most of these curtains shops don't have their own manufacturing facilities, they are just merely shop front with samples and they just pass on the orders to the factory and the installation is done by the factory installers.

I just confirmed my order with Kian Seng. Their price is good (just pay for the fabrics and tracks, free sewing). Workmanship wise, yet to see, but they have been in the business for 30+ years, so I believe the quality should be ok.

i went to Kian Seng curtains @ Clementi.

Price is reasonable and workmanship ok.