Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Newie-X

My Conclusion About Curtain Makers - Just Go For The Cheapest!

After reading so many threads in this forum, I came to the conclusion about curtain makers.

You see many people complained about lightings shops, furniture shops, superstores like Courts, Audio House, etc..

but you NEVER NEVER see a single complaint about curtain maker.

10 out of 10 all said how GREAT and SUPERB SERVICE and QUALITY their curtain makers have given them!!!

My conclusion is that even if you go for the cheapest one quoted you, cannot go wrong too! The results will be as good!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
where to find cheap quote?

let u know after i do my research

i suspect those who come out from jb to look for biz ones are cheapest becos their biz costs lowest

i did roller blind for whole house for $800 plus..

mine is a 4a unit... 3 set black out and 2 set semi black out with prints..

very happy with the pricing.. but haven see the workmanship yet

give Anthony a call at +** - +6016-7373161. he did my 4bedrm house beautifully and his prices are so much cheaper than the ones in the shops. i have been overquoted many times. and i know you all have been too at some point. so give him a try. he really is good. lol.

hi ollie, how much is the price difference btw anthony and the shops who quoted u in sgp?

i was told suntec (name of shop) give quite unbeatable prices...

also, just wondering.. they sent guys in from jb to install the curtain rod? isn't it that such work need to be licensed (company) in sgp?

hi ollie, how much is the price difference btw anthony and the shops who quoted u in sgp?

i was told suntec (name of shop) give quite unbeatable prices...

also, just wondering.. they sent guys in from jb to install the curtain rod? isn't it that such work need to be licensed (company) in sgp?

Don't think need bah. Technically, I can install the rods myself and just get curtains. But I scare I drill hole in wall, hole become crooked and my curtain rod will be slanted. :D

what type curtain rod u all using?

Those normal types ba. Dunno what they call it, track railing or something. The rod is ugly so will hide behind the curtain pelmet from the false ceiling.

MaCe once mentioned to use stainless steel rods for curtain rods which I think it's great - modern, no rust, good to pull, almost 999, no joint parts.

Bought at Tembeling Road at $44 / metre.

Then buy IKEA curtain brackets to hold the rods.

give Anthony a call at +** - +6016-7373161. he did my 4bedrm house beautifully and his prices are so much cheaper than the ones in the shops. i have been overquoted many times. and i know you all have been too at some point. so give him a try. he really is good. lol.

how is anthony's selection of fabrics then? does he have a proper shop in jb, or a website? thanks!

hi reno145,

I dont think there is such a need to have a license lah. Its not as if they are doing the huge foundation works in your home which will require govt permissions. Hahahaha. Its only a small-ciku matter to drill in holes in your wall! Don't worry lah. This world got bigger problems to worry about :)

Oh yeah, I went to many shops (don't want to name la and spoil their reputation) and I was quoted almost 1/2 times more. I think its because of the rent they have to pay or inflation. I never like to think people are 'chopping' me. So I kept asking until I got to know Anthony. And giving his effort and workmanship, even though not the cheapest in sgp, it is worth it for me.

Sorry late reply, I am old aunty, don't know how to track old posts :(

1/2 times more. think really worth it then!

thought u r a guy, sori, ollie...

do u remember how much u pay for the curtains ? (day/nite) (no of windows) (etc)?

Hi Newie -X,

It is ok, Ollie is actually a shortform that people have been calling me since I was little. Haha. I paid about $1.4k for 4 windows. all 8ft x 8ft. Day n night. blackout. So per window its actually $350 which i think is very cheap. Furthermore I used the wooden rods, and I queried around outside it cost so much more than he did.

See, thats why I said, they are willing to do more than alot of shops here. I really value their services. Anthony strives for returning customers, hence hes service is very good for me.

thanks ollie...yr info is indeed useful

any one know how long do curtain makers take to make their curtains?

(from the pt of giving them the job to day of installation)