Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aracna

Any Law For Room Rentals In Condo

Is there any law for renting rooms in Condominiums?

We rented a common room in a 4 room Condominium. At the time of signing contract the owner and agent mention that they intend to rent only the master and 1 common room. but later the owner rented all 3 rooms and he is residing with his 2 kids and maid in the living room.

In the contract there is no mention about use of common area. It only mentions about renting the room for 2 person.

I know there is nothing we can do against the agent coz all the property agencies pay no heed to this. The owner plays the Tv so loud at night and his maid and kids are ever yelling and screaming.

Can something be done to get out of this mess? Can we lodge a complaint somewhere?

I know the best thing would be to look for another place, but I have paid AGENT FEES and I do not wish to pay another Dollar to that slimy sick money pocketing race. It is a lot of money...

There are hardly any rentals w/o going through the agents.

I can't stand to stay here one day more.. this is Singapore after all there has to be some law.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Total has how many people in the unit?

You mean the owner + 2 childrens + maid all sleep @ the living hall?

Condo is bond by "by-laws" under Building Maintenance and Strata Management Act.

U can check with the condo MC.

However, you are tenant not owner.

If the unit is overcrowded, tenant will be the one need to shift out not owner

You mean the owner + 2 childrens + maid all sleep @ the living hall?

Yep that's correct.

I don't think the MC can do much but I will check with them.

Thanks

Is there any law for renting rooms in Condominiums?

We rented a common room in a 4 room Condominium. At the time of signing contract the owner and agent mention that they intend to rent only the master and 1 common room. but later the owner rented all 3 rooms and he is residing with his 2 kids and maid in the living room.

In the contract there is no mention about use of common area. It only mentions about renting the room for 2 person.

I know there is nothing we can do against the agent coz all the property agencies pay no heed to this. The owner plays the Tv so loud at night and his maid and kids are ever yelling and screaming.

Can something be done to get out of this mess? Can we lodge a complaint somewhere?

I know the best thing would be to look for another place, but I have paid AGENT FEES and I do not wish to pay another Dollar to that slimy sick money pocketing race. It is a lot of money...

There are hardly any rentals w/o going through the agents.

I can't stand to stay here one day more.. this is Singapore after all there has to be some law.

Pity U. Can't do anything besides saying bye bye to owner.

Edited by bepgof

Yep that's correct.

I don't think the MC can do much but I will check with them.

Thanks

Your case reminds me of my previous rental place. 2 sons + daughter + son-in-law sleep in the living room. I feel sorry for them whenever I walk past them last time. But I guess the owners are 'forced' by financial situation to rent out so many rooms. Who'll enjoy sleeping in the living room for all to see?

Have you tried talking nicely to the owner to lower his TV's volume? Aiyoh his kids also need to sleep one.

If I'm you, I'll move out and find another room. I rather spend a few hundred dollars than lose my sanity and sleep. :( There are still some owners out there who are renting out their rooms without agents on property sites. Maybe you can try to find a place whose owner has no small kid next time? At least you won't hear kids' screaming.

Edited by forgotten

got so many owner including me looking a nice tenants. common toilet for tenants usage. save agent fee. haha...