Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

So i called Central Alum and to remove the what I would call the left and right rails that the shutters r attached to and to construct a framed glass thingy that would be placed in the cavity, permits and no elec no fan 176 per unit. But it would be alum framing and frosted glass.

Anyone else has experience with exhaust fans and doing what I wanna do? A proper install not some hack hob with acrylic? I lost track of thread i saw on here which gave a name of someone else Sharon or something I don remb which company it is...

Any leads would be appreciated thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Guest 仲扬 洪

Anyone have recently installed ventilating fan in their bathroom? Any contractors to recommend? Seems like not many contractors willing to do installation of ventilating fan in bathroom, any reasons?

I followed this thread and called jasmine from central aluminium to remove the shutters and install top hung window at $245. With HDB permit approved. 

They cut a hole according to the fan I ordered from taobao. 

The fan is around S$15 include shipping. So cheap I ordered 2. Shipped via Taobao direct consolidated shipping service prouter. This fan has auto shutters meaning when switched off, the flap before will auto close. So no insects will fly in. 

Previously I had an electrician route a power supply (linked to one of the lights). So I connected the rest, I wasn't sure how but I followed and match the colours of the wire. For safety, I flipped the main power circuit before doing so. It worked!  

Heres a pic, I haven't cap on the frame. Need to cut a hole on top for the wire. Without frame also quite nice. Hesitated for 2 years before doing

Reason: to reduce humidity during bath. Last december was the rainy season... towels dry very slow and bad smell 

IMG_3686.JPG

Edited by AnnaWong

• Like 1

【上海松日排气扇换气扇厨房卫生间12CM排风扇5寸玻璃窗式120mm墙壁】¥wADrSOFY2J¥http://c.b1za.com/h.2XODpB?cv=wADrSOFY2J&sm=0f9277

The fan didn't come with rubber, so I taped some of those door gap seal around the back of the fan to lean against the glass. Nicely done. And can't see at all. I installed the fan on my own. There's a ring provided with the fan to tighten against the glass. 

IMG_3490.JPG

Edited by AnnaWong