Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

Hi, anyone can recommend where to get exhaust fans at good price? I need 1 for my bathroom and 1 for my kitchen.

Btw, is KDK a better brand than the rest? What is the price like?

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, anyone can recommend where to get exhaust fans at good price? I need 1 for my bathroom and 1 for my kitchen.

Thanks.

i also need but nire importantly i need the person to help me install it ..

thanks

Thanks.

ard $120-$170 :yamseng:

Hi Jaskel,

Thanks reply.

May I know where to get them?

Btw, I need a wall (or window) mounted fan for kitchen and ceiling mounted fan for my bathroom.

Bought the fans and thinking of DIY. How do I remove the glass from a top hung window? Was thinking of putting acrylic instead of glass back into the window case. Thanks!

Hi,

just to let you know that you probably need an HDB permit to do this. I didn't know until my contractor applied one for me.

Bought the fans and thinking of DIY. How do I remove the glass from a top hung window? Was thinking of putting acrylic instead of glass back into the window case. Thanks!

Hi,

I install in both my toilets. I just realised that in order for this to work well, you actually need a ventilation at the door ie some sort of opening.

I would like to know where I can get those ventilation grille for the door so that I can DIY and install them myself. Shouldn't be too hard but I cannot find this grille selling. Anybody know where? Thanks

Michael

Hi,

just to let you know that you probably need an HDB permit to do this. I didn't know until my contractor applied one for me.

Thanks! Don't have. Prob with the permit.

Hi,

I install in both my toilets. I just realised that in order for this to work well, you actually need a ventilation at the door ie some sort of opening.

I would like to know where I can get those ventilation grille for the door so that I can DIY and install them myself. Shouldn't be too hard but I cannot find this grille selling. Anybody know where? Thanks

Michael

My doors fit the door frames just nice and I was thinking of either leaving the doors ajar when possible or opening the other top hung window.

oh i install door auto closing devices on both my toilet doors.

Bad luck to leave the door open all the time.

Thus need the ventilating grille. But cannot find.

My doors fit the door frames just nice and I was thinking of either leaving the doors ajar when possible or opening the other top hung window.

Pls dont diy !!

imagine you are walking with your young ones, love ones, and one day a fan plus window comes crashing and smashing into the head,

yes! is it your head to save a couple of dollars or peoples' head and lives ??

OMG

the reason of applying for 'outside' works permit is clear, to get qualified workers to install SAFELY

Edited by daiwa

Pls dont diy !!

imagine you are walking with your young ones, love ones, and one day a fan plus window comes crashing and smashing into the head,

yes! is it your head to save a couple of dollars or peoples' head and lives ??

OMG

the reason of applying for 'outside' works permit is clear, to get qualified workers to install SAFELY

No, didn't diy in the end. So don't worry, no lives lost here. Including mine! :) Actually mine is a ground floor unit and my diy was just to take the glass out to the cutter and then have someone do the rest. Eh, but in the earlier pages, the other forummers did talk about diy (which was where I got the idea) and I think their units were higher than mine? ;p

Thank you for being so civic-minded but I don't live in a HDB flat, so I don't need a permit. I don't see why I should spend more for something which I can get for less, but that doesn't mean that I do it at the expense of other ppl's lives. And erm, the permit is just to get permission to carry out works. I don't think it actually stipulates that you have to get qualifed workers to install, does it? Just because you have a permit doesn't mean that your workers are good/qualified and vice versa.

Anyway, my regular aircon guy did everything for me in a day.

Total damage:

3 KDK 15WPA (6 inches)from Hwa Kwong, Sungei Road: $53.25 each

installation for 3 fans, incl of 3 panels of acrylic and cutting: $140 each.

Very satisfied with the results, cos I managed to preserve all window frames by installing the acrylic into the existing top-hung frames. The suction is good and like one of the forummers mentioned, the mirror didn't fog at all when I took my bath! And I could actually feel a cool breeze going into the bathroom, even with the doors closed. Aesthetically the results are also quite pleasing cos the frosted acrylic is quite similar to the frosted glass of the other top-hung windows. I chose acrylic cos they are less likely to break after some time from the fans' vibrations. And the best part is that I also get to keep my mosquito screens.

I'm glad that I came across this thread and managed to get my fans from Hwa Kwong. Their service is very good, and one of the guys, John, I think was very patient with me, even though we went down twice and took up a lot of his time. Across the street from Hwa Kwong is an acrylic maker/cutter and he quoted me a very good price of $20/pc for 3 pcs of acrylic plus cutting (for panels of about 10 inch by 20 inch). I didn't use him in the end cos my aircon guy went to someone else to do the cutting.

Hi all,

You may call Erik - 97977292. Talk to him about your request. He's a nice guy and willing to listen to your request.

I have called this Erik... Very rude over the phone. Even worse after coming to my house to give a quote.

He is not willing to listen to our requests/queries. All is his own opinion only. When my mom asks a question, he was like "Auntie, you're wasting my time. I came here after work and i brought my son back from school just to come to your place and you ask so many questions. If customers call me, they 100% must give me this project or else i don't want to waste my time coming up here. And you must do it MY way. No other way. If you see my design, and you will get others do it up copying my design. "

The designs he showed us were the same as the ones posted online -_-!

So far**ing expensive some more $350 for one bathroom, $700 for 2 (inclusive of fans, acrylics, installation, and electricity pulling). No discount some more for 2 bathrooms. Very rude guy, lousy attitude, and not value for money.

We have contacted Hobee Patrick - 9679 2934. Very friendly person at least over the phone and willing to discuss about our queries. Haven't got him up to my place to give a proper quote yet.

Below $350 only for 2 bathrooms - inclusive of 2 x acrylic + 2 x installation + 2 x pulling of electricity (whatever you call it). Fans, we have to buy ourselves (I am getting the 15WHPA, which is the one Erik quoted me). Meaning a total of only $570 for both my bathrooms. A saving of $130.

Another company with good service attitude is Central Aluminium - Shuhui. 6368 3313. $480 - inclusive of 2 x acrylic + 2 x installation + 2 x fan (i would suspect it to be the manual $50+ fan from kdk la), but no electricity installation. Not bad ya?

You guys decide for yourself. Cheers

Hi all,

You may call Erik - 97977292. Talk to him about your request. He's a nice guy and willing to listen to your request.

I have called this Erik... Very rude over the phone. Even worse after coming to my house to give a quote.

He is not willing to listen to our requests/queries. All is his own opinion only. When my mom asks a question, he was like "Auntie, you're wasting my time. I came here after work and i brought my son back from school just to come to your place and you ask so many questions. If customers call me, they 100% must give me this project or else i don't want to waste my time coming up here. And you must do it MY way. No other way. If you see my design, and you will get others do it up copying my design. "

The designs he showed us were the same as the ones posted online -_-!

So far**ing expensive some more $350 for one bathroom, $700 for 2 (inclusive of fans, acrylics, installation, and electricity pulling). No discount some more for 2 bathrooms. Very rude guy, lousy attitude, and not value for money.

We have contacted Hobee Patrick - 9679 2934. Very friendly person at least over the phone and willing to discuss about our queries. Haven't got him up to my place to give a proper quote yet.

Below $350 only for 2 bathrooms - inclusive of 2 x acrylic + 2 x installation + 2 x pulling of electricity (whatever you call it). Fans, we have to buy ourselves (I am getting the 15WHPA, which is the one Erik quoted me). Meaning a total of only $570 for both my bathrooms. A saving of $130.

Another company with good service attitude is Central Aluminium - Shuhui. 6368 3313. $480 - inclusive of 2 x acrylic + 2 x installation + 2 x fan (i would suspect it to be the manual $50+ fan from kdk la), but no electricity installation. Not bad ya?

You guys decide for yourself. Cheers