Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

i was told by my ID that through past experience, they haveproblem trying to drill a hole into the wire glass, so is easier to use a laminated glass and laminated glass is also approved. nots ure who to believe

Is wire glass more expensive than laminated glass? Just in case they try to earn my money..

I thought laminated glass look nicer/neater/cleaner than wire glass.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

this part i'm not too sure

i only know the hdb permit stated that wire glass MUST be used

also, laminated glass is less burglar-resistant compared to wired glass

personally, i rarely look at the glass coz it's out of my line of sight when i shower :lol: :lol:

I feel that laminated glass look neater & nicer. The inner wires complicates the look of the window.

I just called central alum and was quoted per change of 1 wc window in 1 toilet at $120 for wire glass & $180 for laminated glass for my case of 1 column of window in each wc only.

Jasmine told me that laminated frosted glass can also be used in hdb & easier to clean also.

The price of 8" 20WUD KDK fan from Hong Kwang is $69.55 after GST

So it would be $120 x 2 + $69.55 x 2 = $379.1 for wire glass & $180 x 2 + $69.55 x 2 = $499.1 for laminate glass.

I think my ID is cheaper.

I be changing one of my bathroom louvred to top hung wired frosted glass.. plus circular kdk fan. Got a quote of $270 for installation minus the wiring from a popular company recommended over the forums. Seem to be slightly more than what the others have been quoted.. Any electrician to recommend to just do up the point?

Edited by qristeele

$270 for 1 wc or 2? laminate or wire glass. Depends on the model of the KDK fan too.

yah i forgot my id quoted me $360 not $380, but is as a contract package, so if just want to do window, may not be able to get this price.

I have just contact Jasmine from Aluminum Central for the change from lourve to top hung window with laminated glass with KDK's 20WUD round ventilation fan @ $256.80 inclusive of gst. Please note that they will not do the electrical tapping.

I just did mine in Nov. Yeah, they don't do the electrical tapping. Luckily hubby knows how to do it. Now my bathroom has no more mould. :good:

Edited by qristeele

Hi gristele,

Was there any hacking involved when they change the lourve windows to top-hung windows? btw, did you get the wired glass or laminated glass and how much is it?

Any idea where is the best place to buy the KDK ventilation fan without installation?

sungei road, lots of shops selling

Hi gristele,

Was there any hacking involved when they change the lourve windows to top-hung windows? btw, did you get the wired glass or laminated glass and how much is it?

No hacking. Mine was wired glass. $270 nett. Inclusive of permit application also.