Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

go sim lim TOWER - some shops there still selling it for $18. if you go to homefix...$24 liao.

if you dun wan DIY, get your electrician to do it. very simple easy job - (me newbie in 240v).

Will try sim lim tower, we did went to a few homefix cannot find leh.. Thanks alot.. Your advices have been of great help.. Think will DIY.. If failed then get help.. haha..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Will try sim lim tower, we did went to a few homefix cannot find leh.. Thanks alot.. Your advices have been of great help.. Think will DIY.. If failed then get help.. haha..

goto my tblog chat - theres a step by step DIY guide.

Hi Mace and Anyone who uses vent fan,

Does the acryllic panel have privacy issue?? like when it does get wet (while showering), will it becomes 'see through'?

For a normal HDB toliet, will you 'knock' on the fan when shower? Coz my window is on the shower side.. worried tht i might be knocking my head on everytime we uses the shower area.. I'm not very tall though, 1.7 and my hubby is 1.75m.

Hi Mace and Anyone who uses vent fan,

Does the acryllic panel have privacy issue?? like when it does get wet (while showering), will it becomes 'see through'?

For a normal HDB toliet, will you 'knock' on the fan when shower? Coz my window is on the shower side.. worried tht i might be knocking my head on everytime we uses the shower area.. I'm not very tall though, 1.7 and my hubby is 1.75m.

mine is mounted on the glass window - acrylic mounting should be at least 2-3 inches protruding out.

lets wait for those with acrylic mounting to answer you with exact measurement.

goto my tblog chat - theres a step by step DIY guide.

Already went to your blog and printed out :unsure: .. Waiting for the fan to be up and we will DIY.. :(

Thanks mace..

Already went to your blog and printed out :( .. Waiting for the fan to be up and we will DIY.. :(

Thanks mace..

got moneysaving tips go to my tblog share share hor :unsure:

Hi MaCe,

I have just been quoted by my contractor (who could be doing other repair works for me):

To supply and install window mounted ventilating fan KDK

15 WHPA; with acrylic 23.5” x 23.5” with 1” spacers or chrome studs

Tap to light point @ master toilet

@$359

Do you think that this is reasonable? He said we need the acrylic thing as our toilet window has a top panel that can be opened while the bottom panel is fixed. We cannot change our windows.

Can you help comment? Thanks!

Hi MaCe,

I have just been quoted by my contractor (who could be doing other repair works for me):

To supply and install window mounted ventilating fan KDK

15 WHPA; with acrylic 23.5” x 23.5” with 1” spacers or chrome studs

Tap to light point @ master toilet

@$359

Do you think that this is reasonable? He said we need the acrylic thing as our toilet window has a top panel that can be opened while the bottom panel is fixed. We cannot change our windows.

Can you help comment? Thanks!

the fan itself is only $50+

a light point wiring is around $30+ (if you do rewiring for whole house), if not around $60-$90.

a piece of acrylic around around $15-$25

4 studs to hold the acrylic around $5 x 4 = $20

go to kelantan road that shop called hong kwang ask them for their quote.

jus sharing info.. i went to hong kwang last week.. bought a 6" KDK 15WUD for $53.50 after GST.. was quoted by Henry.. n he told me he only hv contacts to do the electrical installation.. for $80.. but no contact to intro me for doing the windows..

really hv to thanks to this thread.. n intro by MACE.. at least i got a fan reasonably priced..

oh.. n thanks to binzz's intro.. got contact to change my windows at $100 each.. will b meeting them for measurements on coming wed! yoohoo!

Edited by xlan

jus sharing info.. i went to hong kwang last week.. bought a 6" KDK 15WUD for $53.50 after GST.. was quoted by Henry.. n he told me he only hv contacts to do the electrical installation.. for $80.. but no contact to intro me for doing the windows..

really hv to thanks to this thread.. n intro by MACE.. at least i got a fan reasonably priced..

oh.. n thanks to binzz's intro.. got contact to change my windows at $100 each.. will b meeting them for measurements on coming wed! yoohoo!

oh? do post the window contractor here too.

Hi all,

Thanks to the wealth of info on this thread, I went and got myself two 8" fans installed in both my bathrooms.

But I have a question: when the fan is switched on, can we actually feel a significant suction from the fan? Mine seems to be very weak. The previous owner had one installed too and his, also a KDK old model, was much much more powerful in terms of suction. In fact, I can't feel any suction at all unless I put my hand as close as 2 inches away from the fan.

My electrician says its normal. But I've seen the way he does things and I know he's not very honest. Wanna seek advice from the true experts here.

Many thanks!

B

Hi all,

Thanks to the wealth of info on this thread, I went and got myself two 8" fans installed in both my bathrooms.

But I have a question: when the fan is switched on, can we actually feel a significant suction from the fan? Mine seems to be very weak. The previous owner had one installed too and his, also a KDK old model, was much much more powerful in terms of suction. In fact, I can't feel any suction at all unless I put my hand as close as 2 inches away from the fan.

My electrician says its normal. But I've seen the way he does things and I know he's not very honest. Wanna seek advice from the true experts here.

Many thanks!

B

cant really tell unless you smoke - blow the smoke and see how fast it gets suck thru the fan.

or - close the toilet door, you should hear the noise of wind gusting thru - beneath the gap of the door.

cant really tell unless you smoke - blow the smoke and see how fast it gets suck thru the fan.

or - close the toilet door, you should hear the noise of wind gusting thru - beneath the gap of the door.

Thanks, I'll try the smoke thing. Actually there is no noise of wind at all with or without the door closed. I have to stand real close to the fan to hear a soft humming sound. The fan blades seem to move fast but to no effect!

I also just realized something that might be linked to the operation of the fan. It works alright when I turn on the power from the switch outside the bathroom, although the suction is weak as I've mentioned above. But when I use the cord - the fan stops when I close the cover via the cord, but no matter how i pull it again, the cover doesn't open. I have to use my fingers to push the cover open. Is this how it works? I notice little knots on the cord, do the knots affect the operation of fan?

Sorry, hope you guys understand my description. Appreciate any advice, pls. Btw, I left a msg for KDK, but they are on company retreat till 27th.

Thanks, I'll try the smoke thing. Actually there is no noise of wind at all with or without the door closed. I have to stand real close to the fan to hear a soft humming sound. The fan blades seem to move fast but to no effect!

I also just realized something that might be linked to the operation of the fan. It works alright when I turn on the power from the switch outside the bathroom, although the suction is weak as I've mentioned above. But when I use the cord - the fan stops when I close the cover via the cord, but no matter how i pull it again, the cover doesn't open. I have to use my fingers to push the cover open. Is this how it works? I notice little knots on the cord, do the knots affect the operation of fan?

Sorry, hope you guys understand my description. Appreciate any advice, pls. Btw, I left a msg for KDK, but they are on company retreat till 27th.

the knot on the string is to secure the cover when close. there is a "edge" to lock the knot.