Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

Here are some pictures of the suction fan which I installed. One in each bathroom.

P1010118.jpg

P1010120.jpg

This is the six inch version of the fan, which strangely is more expensive than the 8 inch one.

Comes with a shutter than can be controlled with a pull string inside. If the shutter is closed(which it should when not in use), the fan will not operate. Shutter will keep the rain out on rainy days.

And its a bit of a pain the get the permit, had to wait like 2-3 weeks for HDB to approve...sianz....

Edited by Light

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
And its a bit of a pain the get the permit, had to wait like 2-3 weeks for HDB to approve...sianz....

hi Light! thanks for sharing! so u HDB will approve lah.. jus gotta wait rite? i shall tell n pressure my ID to do tis for me.. :D

btw.. can share how much is the total to get this done?

Edited by xlan

Here are some pictures of the suction fan which I installed. One in each bathroom.

P1010118.jpg

P1010120.jpg

This is the six inch version of the fan, which strangely is more expensive than the 8 inch one.

Comes with a shutter than can be controlled with a pull string inside. If the shutter is closed(which it should when not in use), the fan will not operate. Shutter will keep the rain out on rainy days.

!! :D :D make me gian again :D !!

huh? when i got my 8inches($55+)....the 6inch ones are only $45+.

thats only 5 mths ago.

but i didnt even bother about approve or not.

!! !! !! make me gian again :notti::(

me too! i have tried the charcoal method but still thinking of the fan leh! but think its not worth to pay $350 for that stupid installation and fan. the workmanship itself is so much more than the fan.

sorry...can't help you there..cos the cost for me was bundled up together with the rest of my windows installation.

hi light, can you pm me the contractor who did the window and fan for you? i can check the price with him directly.

thanks

i had asked HDB Branch Office whether can change toilet louvre window to top-hung window with ventilation fan... the reply is, yes, can change, but must ensure it does not pose a danger to others...

Is it that useful to install a tiny ventilation fan in the toilet. What's the main purpose of installing one? As i like to smoke while i do my "business" in the toilet, the fan might help a little. Other than that, i dont see the need to spent a few hundreds for this gadget. By the way, i didn't install as i find it not worth it..

IMHO, the fan is to get rid of the moistures in the bathroom, esp if water heater is being used.. all those steam n hot air can be ventilated out n keeping the bathroom cooler, "dryer" n lower the possibilities of mould building up on the ceiling and grout lines..

n i rem MACE mentioned b4 the foul smell frm ur "cakes" can be ventilated out as well.. so the next person wanna use immediately will no need to suffer.. hehe..

Edited by xlan

IMHO, the fan is to get rid of the moistures in the bathroom, esp if water heater is being used.. all those steam n hot air can be ventilated out n keeping the bathroom cooler, "dryer" n lower the possibilities of mould building up on the ceiling and grout lines..

n i rem MACE mentioned b4 the foul smell frm ur "cakes" can be ventilated out as well.. so the next person wanna use immediately will no need to suffer.. hehe..

hehe!

plus one more - no moisture also means you will be cleaning your tiles LESS.

LESS CLEANING + WASHING

NO moisture = LESS grime, LESS slime on the wall tiles.

btw, ventilators - many households in HK is a defacto standard if i am not wrong. used to go HK very often years back.

btw, ventilators - many households in HK is a defacto standard if i am not wrong. used to go HK very often years back.

erm.. is jus common sense for us (i mean ppl in hk).. imagine with small rooms small windows... the heat n moisture trap inside.. esp during the spring is super duper humid.. even walls will hv water droplets form all over the place.. so having a proper / good ventilation fan is really useful loh.. we even need to have a dehumidifier during the spring... i guess no1 in sg would hv seen water droplets "oozing" out of ur well painted wall.. :furious:

Bro Mace,

Are you using a timer for your ventilation fan? 15mins isit enough to flush out the hot air? I contact esaver and they actually proposed their 3hr model instead.

Bro Mace,

Are you using a timer for your ventilation fan? 15mins isit enough to flush out the hot air? I contact esaver and they actually proposed their 3hr model instead.

their 3hour timer is a socket plug in type. I used it once only and it's already DEAD. DONT BUY!:furious:

I bought the esaver bcos it can just go inline with the rest of my switches.

the esaver max is 20mins, talking about how long is suffice to dry the toilet depends on a lot of factors.

1) when toilet door is shut - it takes more time to dry cos not enough air from outside to circulate.

2) size of toilet, size of fan - 6inch or 8inch

usually the moment i enter the toilet(take a bath), i turn the knob on the esaver, exit then turn to 20mins once more. 3 months liao - so far so good - i only wash my wall tiles ONCE! moreover it's at the area of shower that needs washing. Step by step DIY pics is on my tblog.

esaver1.jpg

erm.. is jus common sense for us (i mean ppl in hk).. imagine with small rooms small windows... the heat n moisture trap inside.. esp during the spring is super duper humid.. even walls will hv water droplets form all over the place.. so having a proper / good ventilation fan is really useful loh.. we even need to have a dehumidifier during the spring... i guess no1 in sg would hv seen water droplets "oozing" out of ur well painted wall.. :good:

:) wah meh yee xi ah? wakakkakaka :unsure::notti::good:

Edited by MaCe

:unsure: wah meh yee xi ah? wakakkakaka :P:P:yamseng:

:rofl: mo mut yee si bor mace kor kor

their 3hour timer is a socket plug in type. I used it once only and it's already DEAD. DONT BUY!:unsure:

I bought the esaver bcos it can just go inline with the rest of my switches.

the esaver max is 20mins, talking about how long is suffice to dry the toilet depends on a lot of factors.

1) when toilet door is shut - it takes more time to dry cos not enough air from outside to circulate.

2) size of toilet, size of fan - 6inch or 8inch

usually the moment i enter the toilet(take a bath), i turn the knob on the esaver, exit then turn to 20mins once more. 3 months liao - so far so good - i only wash my wall tiles ONCE! moreover it's at the area of shower that needs washing. Step by step DIY pics is on my tblog.

Hi Bro, thanks for the tip!

hehe!

plus one more - no moisture also means you will be cleaning your tiles LESS.

LESS CLEANING + WASHING

NO moisture = LESS grime, LESS slime on the wall tiles.

Interested to do this. Do you ahve any contacts on where to change the existing lourve window to pane glass so this can be installed?