Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

i'm tinking to get ventilation fans for both bathrooms also.. cos can't stand the heat n humid during :yamseng:.. especially when queuing up to take showers.. the 2nd one onwards to go in after the 1st one bathed.. i hv to wait for at least 15min or more to cool down the bathroom b4 i feel comfortable to step in.. v sianz n waste time leh..

but how come now only carry 1 model? i saw quite a lot of models on the kdk.com.sg leh.. was jus looking and comparing the 15WHA & 20WHA.. :sport-smiley-004: which is better..

applefreak, how come hdb got another stupid "rule" again.. they r already color blind.. now even the ventilation fan also cannot ah?

Edited by xlan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i'm tinking to get ventilation fans for both bathrooms also.. cos can't stand the heat n humid during :bath:.. especially when queuing up to take showers.. the 2nd one onwards to go in after the 1st one bathed.. i hv to wait for at least 15min or more to cool down the bathroom b4 i feel comfortable to step in.. v sianz n waste time leh..

but how come now only carry 1 model? i saw quite a lot of models on the kdk.com.sg leh.. was jus looking and comparing the 15WHA & 20WHA.. :D which is better..

applefreak, how come hdb got another stupid "rule" again.. they r already color blind.. now even the ventilation fan also cannot ah?

sigh, i didn't know this until patrick pointed out to me

it's legal if none of the fan protrude out, but will be **** ugly inside loh

hdb got a lot of archaic rules, like the one that doesn't allow cats

think the number of rules and law in singapore is so many that no one can say he/she knows every single one.

do you know that by beating your blanket outside your home, you are already committing an offence? :yamseng::good:

Bro MaCe, the shop you referring to is it Hong Kwang?

the shop with panels on both sides, one side is the KDK fan one?

went there sat not open leh :(

Bro MaCe, the shop you referring to is it Hong Kwang?

the shop with panels on both sides, one side is the KDK fan one?

went there sat not open leh :bath:

i think so, they got designer switches displayed outside, inside they got full range of KDK. look for the younger brother(skinnier) wearing specs.

Saturday the whole block most closed at noon-430pm nia.

i'm tinking to get ventilation fans for both bathrooms also.. cos can't stand the heat n humid during :D.. especially when queuing up to take showers.. the 2nd one onwards to go in after the 1st one bathed.. i hv to wait for at least 15min or more to cool down the bathroom b4 i feel comfortable to step in.. v sianz n waste time leh..

but how come now only carry 1 model? i saw quite a lot of models on the kdk.com.sg leh.. was jus looking and comparing the 15WHA & 20WHA.. :yamseng: which is better..

showers still ok, wait you kena somebody who just finish baking cakes....

20watts and 15watts, the difference is the amount of air it can "suck" thru - not significant.

btw, PUB charges you 1000watts per hour at 20 cents.

For 3mins you reheat your pizza using the 2000watts microwave oven, how long is it equivilent to the 20 watts fan?

ventilation fans is NOT allowed by HDB same as cats, but as long as nobody complains..... :good:

oh man.. sg housing board really :):) !!

1st ting i know.. they hv color blind

2nd i know.. it is so weird.. y dogs, rabbits (BIG ONES), birds (MANY) r allowed.. but not cats?!?!

3rd i cannot understand liao.. y no ventilation?! if say the cooking hood type of venting out oily fumes.. ok la.. understand will dirty the exterior walls.. but bathroom ventilation also cannot?!?! :bow:

4th.. wat?! beating blankets also cannot?! y? ;) 有那么严重吗? :good:

oh man.. sg housing board really :unsure::dunno::notti:

3rd i cannot understand liao.. y no ventilation?! if say the cooking hood type of venting out oily fumes.. ok la.. understand will dirty the exterior walls.. but bathroom ventilation also cannot?!?! ;)

they scare our ventilator POLLUTE the ozone layer with our cake's aroma.... :bangwall:

i think so, they got designer switches displayed outside, inside they got full range of KDK. look for the younger brother(skinnier) wearing specs.

Saturday the whole block most closed at noon-430pm nia.

yes they've got some switches displayed

hmm, will check it out again when i go down again on wed or thu afternoon

if my windows are louvre type, can get those glass mounted one or not?

didn't install grilles at the toilets so intend to locks the windows at all times...

oh man.. sg housing board really :bangwall::unsure::dunno:

1st ting i know.. they hv color blind

2nd i know.. it is so weird.. y dogs, rabbits (BIG ONES), birds (MANY) r allowed.. but not cats?!?!

3rd i cannot understand liao.. y no ventilation?! if say the cooking hood type of venting out oily fumes.. ok la.. understand will dirty the exterior walls.. but bathroom ventilation also cannot?!?! :bow:

4th.. wat?! beating blankets also cannot?! y? :bow: ??????? :rofl:

aiyoh singapore got so many laws

it just whether they want to catch or not

you know for smokers, even the ash is considered littering liao :notti:;)

i also totally dun understand hdb loh

not just colour blind but also design-blind and basically empty up there :)

Edited by applefreak

yes they've got some switches displayed

hmm, will check it out again when i go down again on wed or thu afternoon

if my windows are louvre type, can get those glass mounted one or not?

didn't install grilles at the toilets so intend to locks the windows at all times...

aiyoh singapore got so many laws

it just whether they want to catch or not

you know for smokers, even the ash is considered littering liao :bangwall::D

i also totally dun understand hdb loh

not just colour blind but also design-blind and basically empty up there :)

ask patrick - change the toilet windows to single panel is not exp. he already got many experience.

but you need to go buy the fan first, make your window size is big enough to accomodate 6" or 8" - dont forget the window's handle.

just called patrick to ask him to supply & install :)

lazy to chiong down to jln besar, and i dun have my window measurement :notti:

wait buy salah one lagi worse :bow: :bow:

just called patrick to ask him to supply & install :deal:

lazy to chiong down to jln besar, and i dun have my window measurement :P

wait buy salah one lagi worse :sport-smiley-004::dunno:

lazy bum :bow:

:notti::~ bro MaCe :bangwall: me :~ :~

i dunno know the dimensions of the windows mah

then i want those glass backing one coz light can come through then no need to switch on lights

better patrick settle all than he go measure, i go buy then pass to him to install

scaly buy wrong one die :sport-smiley-004:

ask patrick - change the toilet windows to single panel is not exp. he already got many experience.

but you need to go buy the fan first, make your window size is big enough to accomodate 6" or 8" - dont forget the window's handle.

roughly how much will it cost to change lourve type window to top-hung type window? :sport-smiley-004:

roughly how much will it cost to change lourve type window to top-hung type window? :sport-smiley-004:

i paid around $150 - but price might varies on HOW much $$$ you engage your contractor to do.

I had just installed 2 six inch KDK ventilation fans. One for each bathroom cum toilet. So I am surprised to hear that HDB has a rule against installation of ventilation fan given that HDB had approved the permit for mine.

I think HDB only impose that the suction fan be installed on a pane of wire-mesh reinforced glass to ensure proper support and that it would not fall out backwards and hurt someone downstairs.

The fans themselves are quite affordable. Costs like $58 for a 8 inch kdk suction fan. Comes with a shutter to keep out the rain as well.

Edited by Light

Hi! Very new to this forum. Need recommendations from the bros here for a contractor to change my MBR toilet window from a louvre type to something to install with a ventilation fan which I just bought. How much roughly it cost?

Thanks and cheers! :)

Hi! Very new to this forum. Need recommendations from the bros here for a contractor to change my MBR toilet window from a louvre type to something to install with a ventilation fan which I just bought. How much roughly it cost?

Thanks and cheers! :yamseng:

sorry...can't help you there..cos the cost for me was bundled up together with the rest of my windows installation.