Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fengwei

Recommendation For A Decent Sound System.

Can I pair a dedicated cd player like marantz to a av receiver like onkyo or denon?but if I were to get an oppo 83 or 93,I'm just wondering do I still need a dedicated player to play music or will the oppo be enough?

The question I would put this with most closely is the one asked about all-in-one systems and separate components for HiFi.

If a all-in-one system costs S$500 and has an amp, speakers, cd player and radio then what is the value of the electronics for each of those individual items and how would separate component items sound if they had only that much spent on them ?

The same would go for the Oppo where it is tuned for BluRay video. The question is how much would you have to spend in order to better the CD quality. Of course it is not so simple as you only have one case rather than two so costs saved there. Some of the components like the DAC could be used for both the Bluray audio and the music audio. The transport mechanism and laser assembly may not be best suited to CD playback though. I know my BluRay PC drive takes a lot longer to rip my CDs than my DVD drive for instance. This could be just this model or the fact that the laser used for Bluray is not quite so good for CD as the laser in a dedicated CD player.

Yes you can pair a cd player to an amp usually with digital, optical or even analogue connections. As to whether it would be better..... again you need to have a listen to see if the Oppo is good enough for you and if you can better it for CD playback within an acceptable budget.

RB

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
The question I would put this with most closely is the one asked about all-in-one systems and separate components for HiFi.

If a all-in-one system costs S$500 and has an amp, speakers, cd player and radio then what is the value of the electronics for each of those individual items and how would separate component items sound if they had only that much spent on them ?

The same would go for the Oppo where it is tuned for BluRay video. The question is how much would you have to spend in order to better the CD quality. Of course it is not so simple as you only have one case rather than two so costs saved there. Some of the components like the DAC could be used for both the Bluray audio and the music audio. The transport mechanism and laser assembly may not be best suited to CD playback though. I know my BluRay PC drive takes a lot longer to rip my CDs than my DVD drive for instance. This could be just this model or the fact that the laser used for Bluray is not quite so good for CD as the laser in a dedicated CD player.

Yes you can pair a cd player to an amp usually with digital, optical or even analogue connections. As to whether it would be better..... again you need to have a listen to see if the Oppo is good enough for you and if you can better it for CD playback within an acceptable budget.

RB

Thank u once again for answering my queries.saved my day..posted on xtremeplace but no one replied.am thking of getting a second marantz cd

Thank u once again for answering my queries.saved my day..posted on xtremeplace but no one replied.am thking of getting a second marantz cd

By the way,can a av receiver support a dedicated cd player?

By the way,can a av receiver support a dedicated cd player?

An AV Receiver is just an amp with multiple output channels, some home theatre decoding software and a built in radio. It should be as good as any other amp for the types of devices you can connect to it (give or take a record player).

Oh, I see there is a CHT 10R sub going second had for S$450 on The Echo Loft. Would be very tempted if I had the cash.

RB

An AV Receiver is just an amp with multiple output channels, some home theatre decoding software and a built in radio. It should be as good as any other amp for the types of devices you can connect to it (give or take a record player).

Oh, I see there is a CHT 10R sub going second had for S$450 on The Echo Loft. Would be very tempted if I had the cash.

RB

Is the sub good?

RB

I saw it on xtremeplace too, was tempted.

Is the 10R the previous version of the 10Q? Or is it the US (110V) version?

I saw it on xtremeplace too, was tempted.

Is the 10R the previous version of the 10Q? Or is it the US (110V) version?

Already sold..

hi im looking for a decent set of system for my new house can anyone recommend me ? price got a budget of ard max 2k only. can pm me where to shop?

hi im looking for a decent set of system for my new house can anyone recommend me ? price got a budget of ard max 2k only. can pm me where to shop?

Try KEC at Adelphi - ask for Alan, let him know your budget and your preferences (music/movies?).

Their Pro Cinema 600 with Denon 1611 is going for $1850, the MS Genie with Onkyo 508 is going for $2050 and the Wharfedale 10 with Onkyo 508 is going for $1999 - go have fun auditioning the systems!

-Ely

Ok,should I get a 2nd hand marantz 5004 as a dedicated cd player or just get the oppo 93 to play everything on the system which I will be getting soon?would the audio sound better or anyone has similar combos?

Over the weekend, I managed to listen to some PSBs. Sounded really good. The PSB Image T6 is in the same price bracket as the KEF Q500 and B&W684, but better than both in my opinion - downside is that it is huge! Comparable to KEF in my opinion but with much better bass.

Then I listened to the PSB Imagine Ts. Wow! It's a small floorstander with a huge and smooth sound. Nice price too lol, similar to the 683s.

Next up are the Paradigms and Focals. I was sure that KEFs were the ones for me until I listened to the PSBs. Now I'm not so sure... But I'm glad I kept my mind and options open ;)

Well I gave my 18.DFS side speakers a proper tryout last night.

The Fifth Element Bluray and it sounded great. Still need to replace the now missing sub and the front could use with boosting up with a better centre but the sides were great. Bullets whizzing everywhere around the room.

I was also surprised at the number and quality of effects in The Fifth Element. There really is quite a lot of surround data to give your sides a good workout.

RB