Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fengwei

Recommendation For A Decent Sound System.

Hi

Anyone here bought your sound system, particularly receivers online?

Was thinking of buying Denon 2310 or 2311 from online.

can i know how much is it sold locally?

Thanks

Give KEC or any of the other Adelphi shops a call to find out what their competitive prices are. Prices are subject to change fairly quickly depending on market conditions and if new models are coming out or if they have shortage / overstock of a particular model.

Have a google for KEC as their contact number is online, the same for some of the other Adelphi shops.

Buying online internationally will be cheaper although you need to factor in shipping which can be expensive as amps tend to be heavy and quite large. You also need to confirm warranty and if you can get it repaired in Singapore under the supplied warranty if shipped from outside Singapore. Sometimes you can still get repairs if something goes wrong but it will be much more expensive that a local unit or it is possible to get refused official repair for an international model (I have had this with a computer part bought overseas where the local service centre refused outright to even look at it as it was not Singapore bought).

RB

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Your number 2 set up is similar to mine. If I had a choice to change, I would change the centre. I still find it slightly muffled, nasal. I have messed around with the settings, there is not much more I can do, I think. A clear, natural sounding, audible centre speaker, I feel is of great importance for a HTS. You know you have a great one when you don't have to turn on subtitles ( unless the movie is in a foreign language of course).

Can changed the centre to 10CM. Wonder how much difference. How much you bought for this package? :)

Speakers, amp plus installation about $1900.How big is your tv area btw?

Huh how come so cheap?! I was quoted 3806 for setup2 and the breakdown of the sub cost 1250.

It's for an entertainment room of about 3by4 meter

Also looking to buy this TV, Sharp LC46LE830 3D LCD or Sony NX720.

As Plasma consumes too much energy and panel gets hotter, they are not ideal for my gaming and aircon nights.

Hi all.. quick question.

For positioning of the mounting of the front satelite speakers, can I place them approximately 20 cm to the right/left of the sides of the tv?

Or is it better to achieve a 22-30 degrees positioning?

The reason I asked is... for the 22-30 degrees positioning, the satelite speakers would be too far away from the sides of the tv (i.e. 60 cm), which may look kinda wierd.

Any advice?

Hi all.. quick question.

For positioning of the mounting of the front satelite speakers, can I place them approximately 20 cm to the right/left of the sides of the tv?

Or is it better to achieve a 22-30 degrees positioning?

The reason I asked is... for the 22-30 degrees positioning, the satelite speakers would be too far away from the sides of the tv (i.e. 60 cm), which may look kinda wierd.

Any advice?

Hi Larrby,

Checkout the Dolby website which give you a guide for setting up speakers and optimum placement Front sides around 90cm from the tv, the backs level with the front of the tv and turned in by 22-30degs. The speakers should also be at seated ear level.

Now these are 'perfect' positions and you may not have 90cm each side of your TV so adjust as to make it fit in to your environment. Ear level is certainly better though and the L/R front speakers, contrary to how most people set them up, should not be right next to the TV. The center speaker is meant to lock the movie sounds to the TV which is why it is placed under/over the TV. The front L/R speakers are to provide directional effects. Put them too close to the TV and where is the direction... For music, the L/R should be about the same as long as the distance to the listening position is equal.

RB

Huh how come so cheap?! I was quoted 3806 for setup2 and the breakdown of the sub cost 1250.

It's for an entertainment room of about 3by4 meter

I believe that is the price ED paid excluding the subwoofer :D.

RB

I believe that is the price ED paid excluding the subwoofer :D.

RB

That's cheap. If I minus off the subwoofer, 3800-1250 = still $2550, wonder how he got them at $1900?

That's cheap. If I minus off the subwoofer, 3800-1250 = still $2550, wonder how he got them at $1900?

Ahh, maybe the 1900 was a bit of an under estimate ED.

Place of purchase: KEC @ Alephi

Salesguy: Alan

Prices after discount

Floor standing speakers: Wharfedale 10.6 x2 @ $980

Center speaker: Wharfedale 10.CS @ $339

Back speakers: Wharfedale 10.0 x2 @ 299

Wharfedale Diamond Series link

Receiver: Onkyo 609 @ $889

Installation with speaker cables and power board: $80 + $99

So more like 2.6k, about what you are saying Drexter.

RB

Ahh, maybe the 1900 was a bit of an under estimate ED.

So more like 2.6k, about what you are saying Drexter.

RB

Bro, by the way what is power board?

Bro, by the way what is power board?

I would imaging it is a power extension lead with multiple sockets.

RB

I would imaging it is a power extension lead with multiple sockets.

RB

Special ones for HTS or those normal ones that are available in NTUC or Giant?

Special ones for HTS or those normal ones that are available in NTUC or Giant?

At that price I would image it is a 'special' one.

It is probably better than the NTUC type extension leads using a bigger gauge of wire which can help a little but much past that you are paying for the build quality and possibly surge protection / aesthetics.

The cable going to the power socket is of a certain type / gauge. Anything between it and the electronics in the amp can only match that level. Think of it this way... changing the pipe from the petrol pump to the car is not going to make the car faster of fill the tank faster if the pipe on the inside of the pump to the storage tank underground is no better. You can maximise to the other pipe going to the underground storage tank but above that is just for show.

S$99 for a decent extension lead is really not so bad especially for decent surge protection. It is the S$100+ for a single power lead that is silly money.

Surge protection is a good reason for spending some extra cash on the extension lead. This should protect your equipment if you get a lightning strike or spikes on the power coming from outside your apartment (from SP services). As HDBs have lightning rods earthed in to the ground lightning strikes are not so much of a concern but it is not a bad thing to pay a bit more just for the peace of mind.

RB

More or less settled with Tannoy Mercury V4 setup. Just wondering if the surround is able to fit onto the top right side of this wall.

5871867992_2fcf005d8a_b.jpg