Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fengwei

Recommendation For A Decent Sound System.

3d avatar is exclusive for panny 3d tv customers. Was trying out LG 3d cinema tv, the new range. Price is good. Spectacles same as those used in cinema, therefore cheap to replace. I am thinking of approaching best denki to change my order from panny 58 inch to LG 55 inch & 42 inch. Wonder if they will allow. Reason being, LG is LED, lower energy consumed, thinner, cheaper and lighter 3d glasses to replace. But have to for go the 3d avatar movie.... So sad... :bangwall:

This model? lg-47le8900

Anyway, no worries. Panny only pay for exclusive rights till Feb 2012 next year. After that, Avatar 3D will be released to the public for purchase.

Panasonic to have Avatar 3D to itself until 2012

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

This model? lg-47le8900

Anyway, no worries. Panny only pay for exclusive rights till Feb 2012 next year. After that, Avatar 3D will be released to the public for purchase.

Panasonic to have Avatar 3D to itself until 2012

Hi thanks for the info, now I want to change to LG even more, hope best denki allows it :)

The model you posted is for UK, this is what we have locally, http://www.lg.com/sg/tv-audio-video/television/LG-led-tv-55LW6500.jsp

Great deal. Never compare with the latest LG 200hz 3DTV?

i did compare.great review on that lg...just my preference on japan made...got advice from my fren and even from those sound system guys that if m really serious about having a real home theatre system...plasma is the beat choice on picture quality which also give more natural picture than led.only disadvantage is the high power consumption.

i did compare.great review on that lg...just my preference on japan made...got advice from my fren and even from those sound system guys that if m really serious about having a real home theatre system...plasma is the beat choice on picture quality which also give more natural picture than led.only disadvantage is the high power consumption.

Agree that plasma give the best picture quality and best if tv made in Japan which is y I placed order for the panny. However on the thought that the LG picture quality is also quite good and future more lower maintenance on the 3d glasses. Should the glasses fail, it is cheaper and easier to replace. For active 3d glasses, different models have different shutter rate, if the glasses were to be damaged or spoil, we might not be able tobget something compatible in future. :yamseng:

Agree that plasma give the best picture quality and best if tv made in Japan which is y I placed order for the panny. However on the thought that the LG picture quality is also quite good and future more lower maintenance on the 3d glasses. Should the glasses fail, it is cheaper and easier to replace. For active 3d glasses, different models have different shutter rate, if the glasses were to be damaged or spoil, we might not be able tobget something compatible in future. :yamseng:

u got a point there bro:)anyway do u have any advice for me on av receiver?i shud be getting the kef t205 system

u got a point there bro:)anyway do u have any advice for me on av receiver?i shud be getting the kef t205 system

I am newbie to HTS too. Bro rimblock will be a right person to speak to. :yamseng:

Hi

I am looking at focal speaker system. I tried kef, bw, tannoy, kplisch but still liked the focal best. I will be building the system slowly, starting with LRC. Will add SW if still got remaining $.

Buy now are

LR: focal chorus 714v

C: focal chorus cc700v

Buy later are

SW: velodyne chtq 8 (will try svs and focal chorus SW700v)

Sat: any good in ceiling to recommend?

Will use Yamaha 671 or onkyo 609.

Any comments?

Hi

I am looking to setup my first HT ! yahooo!

Can members kindly give some input?

My AVR choices for now,

1. pioneer vsx 921

2. denon 1912

3. onkyo 609

and pairing with 5.1 speakers,

1. Boston Acoustics Soundware xs 5.1

Or should I get simple and go for Onkyo ht-s5400

is the future of HT moving towards HTIB?

Thanks!

I got the 58VT20 for 9 mths and also bought few 3D Bluray disks, but i've never finsihed one 3D movie at one run so far, too tired for me to wear the glass to watch movie for more than 1 hour. :)

I choosed 58vt20 model bcoz the picture quality are really no horse run and it looks good at SD also. 3D feature not in my consideration list when i purchase the TV. but since it came with 3D, so bo bian... buy loh. Haahaa...

And I prefer 2D Avatar instead of 3D. I watched both version in cinema, 2D looks better. Just my 2 cents worth... :)

Went to listen to the 685 and 684... woo... a little above my budget... a pair of 685 with stands is $1500 and if I get the HTM61 is $1100.... haiz....

Unfortunately, I cannot get their 686 as my surround as they are taller than 22cm... that need to be fitted at the top right corner

5871867992_2fcf005d8a_b.jpg

Currently, seems like Tannoy Arena Satellite fit that space of 22cm... Know of any surround speakers that fit my space constraints? :(

Hi All,

Are the following 3 any good:-

1. Wharfedale DX-1 sub-woofer and satelite speakers

2. Cabasse Alcyone sub-woofer(Santorin 17) and satelite speakers

3. Minx sub-woofer(X200) and satelite speakers (Min 10)

Everyone is welcome to share. Thank you

Hi all, i'm know nothing about audio therefore need advices from the gurus here.

I'm intend to turn one of my room into a TV room but don't know what sound system should i go for?

No need to be too pro, but a decent entertainment system which can achieve the sound effect similar of being in a cinema.

Most of the time i'm will be playing the video/movie from my laptop so not use for BR.

For my case, which basic entry level system should i get and where should i purchase from with a decent price?

TIA