Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Syukur

Rental Rates & Utilities

Hi,

I'm thinking of renting out one common room in Anchorvale Drive. Near to Sengkang Square, MRT & interchange.

As for the room itself, it is equipped with all the necessities, including TV, aircon, WiFi & such.

I will allow light cooking as well, & rental includes utilities.

How much will the rental rate be? Checking on certain website, some are quoting from $550, even up to $650. So how do we determine the rate??

As for utilities, my concern will be how if the tenant really use it like nobody business, like turning on the A/C whole day, or really take no measures to conserve utility?

This is my first time renting out my room.

Hope u guys can advise me on this matter.

Thank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

I'm thinking of renting out one common room in Anchorvale Drive. Near to Sengkang Square, MRT & interchange.

As for the room itself, it is equipped with all the necessities, including TV, aircon, WiFi & such.

I will allow light cooking as well, & rental includes utilities.

How much will the rental rate be? Checking on certain website, some are quoting from $550, even up to $650. So how do we determine the rate??

As for utilities, my concern will be how if the tenant really use it like nobody business, like turning on the A/C whole day, or really take no measures to conserve utility?

This is my first time renting out my room.

Hope u guys can advise me on this matter.

Thank you.

Hi, I'm looking for a temporary room with my husband, we are both working and also we will be staying for around 3 to 4 months maximum.

As currently, I'm still waiting to collect my keys from HDB.

We dun cook and and we will only on the aircon during night time. we have wifi ourself.

Are you going through Agent? Cause my budget is low..Hope you can drop your rent amount cheaper without upfront deposit.

Thanks.

Since you are renting out only the room, you can't monitor the utilities via the meter. The most is you can see the spike in the bill after the first month.

If the person that you are renting to works in the morning and comes back in the evening. the most he on the a/c is during the night and weekends..

Usually the rental and utilities are bundle together. But you can tell the tenant that if he turn on the a/c almost all the time when he is back from work and during the weekends, you would consider upping the utilities. Just tell the tenant before you guys sign on the dot with the terms stated clearly..

My practise is i averaged out the latest 3 utilities bills and the difference from next month onwards will be borne by the tenant.

The above is one way which you can consider or just factor in the utilities together (say $50 or $100).

cheers...

actually you can post at rentinsingapore.com, can find tenant yourself. For me I go thru agent as I don't mind paying agent fee.

i am also first time renting out my room.

Edited by dean