Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mankul

Our First Home @ Bedok

Network Layout

Anticipating Opennet and the uses that comes with it.... Decide to put LAN points in various areas of the unit. The red boxes indicated below are were I will place dual network sockets. The STAR is where all the network cables will lead to the server rack. BR3 will not have network point as it can directly connect to the switch in the server rack.

As I browse through this forum, I notice that the market rate charged by electricians for each network points is about $80... so I decided to only ask the electrician to lay the cables and trunking for me, I will crimp the cables and setup the server rack myself.

network_layout.jpg

Will get a wall mounted server rack like this at BR3:

server_rack.jpg

are you using Cat5 cable access? i am thinking of doing it as well. does it mean your server rack have multiple outputs to various rooms?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
are you using Cat5 cable access? i am thinking of doing it as well. does it mean your server rack have multiple outputs to various rooms?

No I'm using cat6 cables. :sport-smiley-004: ... Ya .. all the lan points will be directed to the network switch in the server rack.

I just ordered this at amazon via tarazz.com :D

http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-24-Port-Rackm...mp;sr=8-1-fkmr0

31wi7ZhIDrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Network Layout

Anticipating Opennet and the uses that comes with it.... Decide to put LAN points in various areas of the unit. The red boxes indicated below are were I will place dual network sockets. The STAR is where all the network cables will lead to the server rack. BR3 will not have network point as it can directly connect to the switch in the server rack.

As I browse through this forum, I notice that the market rate charged by electricians for each network points is about $80... so I decided to only ask the electrician to lay the cables and trunking for me, I will crimp the cables and setup the server rack myself.

Will get a wall mounted server rack like this at BR3:

If you're crimping yourself, so you're not putting any faceplates? Impressive structured cabling layout btw, looks like you have an option to terminate your Opennet CPE either in BR3 or the living room, but then u'd have to cross cable the patch cord to your BR3 where your router might be situated. Have you asked around for the GB switch pricing locally? JOS or IngramMicro are viable options.

Edited by titanax

No I'm using cat6 cables. :sport-smiley-004: ... Ya .. all the lan points will be directed to the network switch in the server rack.

I just ordered this at amazon via tarazz.com :D

http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-24-Port-Rackm...mp;sr=8-1-fkmr0

31wi7ZhIDrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

wow looks nice. use this then all computers can access files in the server?

i have files which i need the rest of my CPUs to access in my main computer, do i need something like this? dun need so high end though :D

After viewing this : http://www.blum.com/sg/en/03/index.php and visiting the BLUM showroom with our ID just now... we really like the BLUM effect on the kitchen ... Tomr, we'll visiting the BLUM showroom again but this time, together with the carpenter.

Planning to also get the servo-drive as I feel that this is what makes the kitchen special and convinient! We feel its worth while to pay much much more for years of convinient, especially for the cook :D

Intend to the the aventos and tandem boxes with servo drive... unfortunately we don't have space for the full cabinet.

wow looks nice. use this then all computers can access files in the server?

i have files which i need the rest of my CPUs to access in my main computer, do i need something like this? dun need so high end though :D

depends on the number of computers you want to hook up to the network....standard routers nowadays already have 4 ports....

if you have more than 4 computers or network points to access your main computer, then that is what the switch is for, to accomodate for more ports... you still need the router to work with the switch.

switches usually come in 8, 16, 24 ports or more....

If you're crimping yourself, so you're not putting any faceplates? Impressive structured cabling layout btw, looks like you have an option to terminate your Opennet CPE either in BR3 or the living room, but then u'd have to cross cable the patch cord to your BR3 where your router might be situated. Have you asked around for the GB switch pricing locally? JOS or IngramMicro are viable options.

Opennet CPE will have to terminate at where the router is, in this case, BR3..... The TV set will still be able to get digital tv content from the network point.... but if the termination point is at the living room, with the router at BR3, then only the TV will have opennet...

main point is, the fibre optic cable must terminate at the location or the router.

depends on the number of computers you want to hook up to the network....standard routers nowadays already have 4 ports....

if you have more than 4 computers or network points to access your main computer, then that is what the switch is for, to accomodate for more ports... you still need the router to work with the switch.

switches usually come in 8, 16, 24 ports or more....

hmm, noted. means i no need buy something like yours. buy a normal router can liao right?

but other computers can access to the main CPU's whatever drive?

hmm, noted. means i no need buy something like yours. buy a normal router can liao right?

but other computers can access to the main CPU's whatever drive?

can, provided the main computer is switched on and you have enabled sharing of folders from the main computer.

can, provided the main computer is switched on and you have enabled sharing of folders from the main computer.

woo thanks a lot. pai seh one more question, :D

i can use cat5 or cat6 cables? what is the diff ah?