Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
i-poh

Island Concept Kitchen For Everyday Cooking?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I assume yours is a large kitchen. Placement of island is important, otherwise it become a hindrance to the 3 main items ( Fridge, cooker & Sink )

Island doesn't not equate daily cooking, do you need more working space. Otherwise, you end up runnng in circle :)

Or I assume that your your kitchen is too big that you need an island like a halfway house

to link your fridge, cooker & Sink.

I assume yours is a large kitchen. Placement of island is important, otherwise it become a hindrance to the 3 main items ( Fridge, cooker & Sink )

Island doesn't not equate daily cooking, do you need more working space. Otherwise, you end up runnng in circle :)

Or I assume that your your kitchen is too big that you need an island like a halfway house

to link your fridge, cooker & Sink.

Island needs a big space... layout is important. Given SG's pigeon holes, coupled with chinese cooking (if you cook), then island is not for you.

For SHOW... or maggi mee cooking (some SG lady colleagues don't even know how to do this!!) - then yes, it's for you!

Never seen one in apartment, except in terrace house and those comedy show in US, where there always joke in the kitchen area. Famous seinfeld comeddy only can afford a small bar counter:)

My kitchen is not v small but oso not very big, we hecking our wall btw dine and kitchen for more space. however not sure if will regret if we do open concept esp when we cook almost everyday.

how do u attached jpg image here ??

My kitchen is not v small but oso not very big, we hecking our wall btw dine and kitchen for more space. however not sure if will regret if we do open concept esp when we cook almost everyday.

how do u attached jpg image here ??

Since you are cooking everyday, best not to have an open island based kitchen.

To attach image here, go to http://imageshack.us/

After uploading your image, copy the URL, select the Insert Image icon above and paste the URL in - good idea to preview post to see how yr image turns out (adjust if necessary)

oh.. it's a open concept kitchen. but the cooking not on the island.

actually, regardless of hob on the island or not, open concept kitchen not suitable for everyday cooking. imagine the grease, fumes all over the place... your kitchen layout quite like mine. but i erected a half glass wall, so it kinda "open" up the kitchen but still keep the grease and fumes in.

Haiz ..... I thought you say island. You got enough cabinet ? Fridge is in between ?

Dish basin for small family maybe ok. You really need a strong cooker hood.

The important thing to look out for a good hood for an open kitchen concept is the air movement, exhaust or recirculation mode and the filtering system. However, bigger air movement also means higher cost. Charcoal filter helps to reduce smell.

ISLAND concept kitchen for everyday cooking?

is this practical, any exp from ppl here on pros and cons.

What do you guys think of the attached concept?

kitchen2.jpg

Most hood in SIN still keep the smoke within the house... really wonder where to get s strong hood.

initially i tot you are doing the cooking on the island itself and yes the pointers our forum mates had raised to you will suffice.

but looking at the 3d drawing, seems to be fine or rather a very typical kind of island design of late. but yea, realised the fridge is missing too.

regardless of island or no island, everyday or few days cooking, i bear in mind the work triangular flow tat is critical to work efficiency in the kitchen.

btw, am adopting an open kitchen concept too. and my humble research points to a fujioh hood which is industry standard tested.

hope it helps