Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summerr

Standard To Pay For 3d Viewing?

Hi all,

I am trying to get quote with design plan from ID firm but they are requesting for a fee before they can allow me to view the 3D at their office. Is this a standard or norm practice?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

I am trying to get quote with design plan from ID firm but they are requesting for a fee before they can allow me to view the 3D at their office. Is this a standard or norm practice?

I think should be free if they are showing the 3D for their past and present works.

But if you want them to design your house and present it in 3D, most likely your have to confirm some works with them.

Nothing is free in Singapore :D

like fairplay has said. it is free if ur looking at their past works i.e. portfolio

but if its specially customised to your requirements, then usually they require that u pay the deposit before doing up the 3d

Hi all,

Yup. you got to pay if you want them to do up 3d drawing for your place. But most id firm will deduct the amt from the quotation if you decide to sign up with them in the end. So if you have seen their portfolio, like their design and do not want to commit totally yet, then go ahead with the appt. play safe, double check with the id firm if their will do the deduction. good luck!

Hi all,

Hi Summerr,

some companies do charge for design fee while some don't ..........

1) Those who charged - they do not have any in-house drafter and therefore they need to find freelance 3d max user to draft for them, therefore extra cost to them

2) Those who provide free 3D drawings - they have got in house drafter/ ID to do up the drawings, since the in-house fellow is drawing a fixed pay, they would like to make use of it and provide a good service to clients

Hi Summerr,

some companies do charge for design fee while some don't ..........

1) Those who charged - they do not have any in-house drafter and therefore they need to find freelance 3d max user to draft for them, therefore extra cost to them

2) Those who provide free 3D drawings - they have got in house drafter/ ID to do up the drawings, since the in-house fellow is drawing a fixed pay, they would like to make use of it and provide a good service to clients

not really it all depend on the company policy set by the boss

not really it all depend on the company policy set by the boss

maybe u r right ....

but i feel that as a boss with a biz sense .. it's only normal that they request for maybe about $500 payment before they show u the 3d design if they are going to fork out maybe $300 to get the drawings ...

and if he has got an in-house fellow drawing a fixed pay.... he might as well fully utilised his staff and provide a better service for not charging the 3D.

Just my opinion...

Thanks for all the reply. So far those ID firms I approached have in-house designer whom I spoke to personally. They will only provide 3D drawing upon confirmation.

Certainly I do not mind to pay for 3D drawing if I like the design. However I don't feel comfortable paying upfront for something I might not even lay my eyes on.

I am slowly trained to be a designer for my own house now. :lol:

Thanks for all the reply. So far those ID firms I approached have in-house designer whom I spoke to personally. They will only provide 3D drawing upon confirmation.

Certainly I do not mind to pay for 3D drawing if I like the design. However I don't feel comfortable paying upfront for something I might not even lay my eyes on.

I am slowly trained to be a designer for my own house now. :lol:

ya... exactly .... u know what you are paying for .... but ... end up you don't know what u r paying for ..

Hi all,

Not exactly. I've shortlisted 4 ID firm and out of which, 3 of them show me their 3D designs of my new place and the last one showed me 2 x 3D perspective hand drawings. Of the 3 ID that showed me their 3Ds, 1 of them showed me 1 view (living room), another 2nd ID showed me 2 views (living + MBR) and the 3rd ID, also the one which i should be signing with (if nothing goes wrong) showed me 2 views (living + MBR) and subsequently revised 2 more views which he showed me today. All these are done without any committment or whatsoever ;)

maybe u r right ....

but i feel that as a boss with a biz sense .. it's only normal that they request for maybe about $500 payment before they show u the 3d design if they are going to fork out maybe $300 to get the drawings ...

and if he has got an in-house fellow drawing a fixed pay.... he might as well fully utilised his staff and provide a better service for not charging the 3D.

Just my opinion...

Unless they have little enquires :rolleyes: