Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darkfear

Destination: Simei

hi marsbars...i had my citygas heater installed few weeks..i see no on/off switch..the installer mentioned there is no need to off the heater..it is safe..

just compare with your hob cooker fire..they work similarly..hehe

also it is powered by 2 batteries instead of one..

yes there will be 3 ugly pipes running around..if you are doing kitchen cabinet..make sure they are hidden in it..

the water will only heat up about 30 secs later after tap is open..u need to fully open the tap..then the fire will be ignited...

btw there is an installation charge of 60 bucks (for heater) and 100 bucks for gas pipe laying...

hope the above info helps..cheers!

:)

Hey thanks for the helpful tips aerial!! So what is your feedback after using it? Would u recommend it? Seems quite pricey after adding in all the costs.. :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hey thanks for the helpful tips aerial!! So what is your feedback after using it? Would u recommend it? Seems quite pricey after adding in all the costs.. :(

hmm..total bill is 288..shag...if u r not those fussy type..can tahan abit cold first..then ok lah...

save monthly bill..? not v sure cos haven really use yet..but minus off those bulky storage or water heater in your bathroom..look nicer defintely...

beside this heater is made in japan..rinnai..quite zai this brand..and look quite nice..hehe

cheers!

hmm..total bill is 288..shag...if u r not those fussy type..can tahan abit cold first..then ok lah...

save monthly bill..? not v sure cos haven really use yet..but minus off those bulky storage or water heater in your bathroom..look nicer defintely...

beside this heater is made in japan..rinnai..quite zai this brand..and look quite nice..hehe

cheers!

Thanks aerial! but we likely gonna stick with traditional electric heater cos of the ugly piping and costs.. and from jeffcraze (another citygass user) comments, it seems quite problematic too!

Stil shopping for goodies? Ha.. :D

How's the design coming along?

Lolz... now headache dunno what to buy and where to buy!! the mattresses... the table/coffee table everything is headache!! today meeting with jason to see final quotation!

Lolz... now headache dunno what to buy and where to buy!! the mattresses... the table/coffee table everything is headache!! today meeting with jason to see final quotation!

Ha.. most impt, buy master bedroom bed frame and mattress.. so u can slp when hse is done mah.. :P

There's sale at alot of places.. go see see over the weekends lah.. or can refer to blogs for reference to go where to shop.. :P

If ordering, remember to ask how long they can hold the stock.. coz u nd clean your nest clean clean then they deliver mah.. Ha..

Ha.. most impt, buy master bedroom bed frame and mattress.. so u can slp when hse is done mah.. :P

There's sale at alot of places.. go see see over the weekends lah.. or can refer to blogs for reference to go where to shop.. :P

If ordering, remember to ask how long they can hold the stock.. coz u nd clean your nest clean clean then they deliver mah.. Ha..

ya thats right! very impt!!! dammit our stock only hold til sep 15.. hope my house almost done by then!! zzzz...

spoke to jason yesterday very good chat.. hoping to seal the deal by next week and begin work!!! very excited!!! but very confused as to what the kitchen should look like haiz!!!

ya thats right! very impt!!! dammit our stock only hold til sep 15.. hope my house almost done by then!! zzzz...

spoke to jason yesterday very good chat.. hoping to seal the deal by next week and begin work!!! very excited!!! but very confused as to what the kitchen should look like haiz!!!

Better ask Jason on the dates loh.. plus 2 or 3 weeks of cleaning after Handover, shld be good enuf.. Ha..

Good lah.. Ha.. start work asap.. can finish asap also.. :P

Hmm.. start with simple things like where u like the fridge, washing machine to be loh.. then add more details like location of sink, cooker hob... the rest like colors, textures can come in later lah.. low wall to hide washing mahcine? going need more table space coz cook alot? use the free software to draw a skeleton 1st.. Ha.. i played with the software abt 2 or 3 weeks before deciding where the tings are..

Ha.. if u like me dun cook alot then open concept loh.. :P

Played with the Sweet Home 3D today and came up with various colour schemes for our kitchen! Comments please as we are having major headaches over this!! Need your views/ideas on how to improve!! :D

Black & White counter with Red Kitchen Island/Bar Counter

Kitchen_bnw.jpg

Black & White counter with Red Larder, Red Kitchen Island/Bar Counter

Kitchen_redlarderbnw.jpg

Black & White counter with Red Larder, White Kitchen Island/Bar Counter

Kitchen_redbnw.jpg

Pure Black & White Kitchen

Kitchen_purebnw2.jpg

IMHO, think the last one quite plain, but it seems like most kitchens have only 2 colours max.. 3 colours seem abit messy..

hehehe... used my wifey's account to post.. forgot!

fencer bro i was saying thanks and we are super duper excited to start but scared cos later ugly!!! now headache over the type of materials/laminates/colour etc... we have a good idea of how we want the kitchen like le!!!

btw saw u using glossy laminates so how is it ah???

and kudos to my dear for doing so nicely!!! everyone please vote the nice and sexy red bar counter!!!!

hehehe... used my wifey's account to post.. forgot!

fencer bro i was saying thanks and we are super duper excited to start but scared cos later ugly!!! now headache over the type of materials/laminates/colour etc... we have a good idea of how we want the kitchen like le!!!

btw saw u using glossy laminates so how is it ah???

and kudos to my dear for doing so nicely!!! everyone please vote the nice and sexy red bar counter!!!!

Glossy laminates is very nice. Makes the place looks big also coz it reflects lights mah.. same effect as using shiny tiles in your hse.. ;)

but then.. problem wld be when finished reno, is the laminate in good condition?? coz mine got scratches leh.. :(

Paiseh.. color matching wise... me suck at it.. :P that's why my hm only 2 main colors, black and white.. :P

Personally.. red and black if nice though... :D

Just starting my reno @ Simei too :)

Welcome! welcome!.. Another simei-er.. :P

Rem to post pics huh.. good or bad.. Ha..

IMHO, think the last one quite plain, but it seems like most kitchens have only 2 colours max.. 3 colours seem abit messy..

the number of colours isn't the issue, it's how much we understand the colours. colours need to talk to one another in a meaningful manner.

my suggestions if you are insistent on a red kitchen island would be to go for:

1. a white table top

2. a stainless steel or glass (not black) backsplash

3. white or silver/stainless steel lampshades

Kitchen_bnw_edit.jpg

Edited by floppy