Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
darkfear

Destination: Simei

Hello everybody!!!!!! In particular jaskel, fencer, jeffcraze and all the other forum khakis I spoke to!

I finally received my keys to my dear home yesterday and hence.... This is my t-blog!!! Will try to keep things up to date and simple here!

A little background to my house:

It is a 104sqm, 21 year old 4A HDB at Simei... It wasn't our first choice, but like all things that are our own... We are growing to love it! It has a spacious kitchen, 2 bathrooms (one attached in the MBR), and 3 bedrooms! There's a living and dining area available as well :D!! The tiles are in relatively good condition, and the owner actually has relatively new air conditioner units in each bedroom..

Floor Plan

Simei.jpg

We will upload photos later to give a clearer idea how it is like currently!

Now to the contractors/IDs... We spoke to many until my wife gave up, then we spoke to some more, then I gave up, then I came into this forum, and my life just brightened up! Learned so much from other's happiness, and sometimes, bad luck, and of course got to know a few people! Currently, I am talking to a consultant, and man, am I glad I did not sign up with any previous contractors. The previous ones were either pushy, concerned only about their business, inexperienced, expensive or had bad reviews among other things. So through careful sieving through thousands of threads, finally met up with our messiah! Shall not name him yet, as we haven't confirmed the contract, but I think it's a matter of time :dancingqueen:

Well rambled long enough so just want to end of with a big hi to all! And welcome to our world ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Welcome to RT :D

Haha thanks bro!

welcome. Your place has a very neat layout. Good luck in your id hunt.

:D Thanks wolflet... wished the toilets were popping outta the house instead though :P

First forum posting in my life yeah! Excited excited!! :sport-smiley-004:

okok wifey relax ah... dun be too overhyped hahaha!

welcome to simei too! im juz startin my reno @ simei too! maybe u bought one of e flats ive visited in e area!

haha thanks thanks.. yep maybez!

Super big living room!! Nice :good: All the best in ur reno.. hmm.. so many from simei.. no one from tampines..

Some pre-reno photos of our home: :wub:

Living room area

IMG_8619.jpg

Good place for a nice feature wall:

IMG_8620.jpg

Should the wrought iron window grilles stay or go??

IMG_8621.jpg

Kitchen - Nice, big and airy (i like!)

IMG_8612.jpg

IMG_8617.jpg

[cont'd]

Master Bedroom - L-shaped --> Real pain to think of ways to fit a queen-sized bed and a big big wardrobe

IMG_8623.jpg

Ridiculous bathroom door with lobang at the top:

IMG_8625.jpg

Good-sized Study Room

IMG_8628.jpg

Entertainment Room! :P

IMG_8630.jpg

Currently, this 4-panel door hides our little "storeroom". Our Consultant has some very exciting plans for it! Can't wait to see the drawings that he's coming up with! Yeah! :D

IMG_8631.jpg

Hey darkfear, welcome to RT and Simei! :D Saw my name being mentioned.. :P

Muz not keep us in suspense too long, quickly reveal the consultant who will be doing up yr house orh! ;)

Yr flat is so much bigger than mine.. Full of envy sia.. :bow: Now we can form a Simei club in RT le.. So many ppl living in Simei, with one (junwei84) living in the same blk as me somemore! :sport-smiley-018:

Saw that u got this type of old main door. This what I had did for one of the hse owner main door. A little DIY.

p1010007q.jpg

p1010001my.jpg

Hey there! Grats on starting your T-blog. :D Nice squarish layout you got there.

okok wifey relax ah... dun be too overhyped hahaha!

Hey, cool. Another blog where both hubby and wifey post. :good:

Looking forward to updates, and here's wishing you both a smooth and fun reno journey!

Welcome to RT, i guess now we know who is ur consultant. ;):P

Nice layout, my aunt stays at 14x. Always like her bright and airy place. The ceiling is quite high too (she stays in the top fl).