Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lklcharles

Replace Worn Out Rubber Strips Framed Shower Screen Swing Door

I have visited quite a number of hardware stores including homefix and cannot find this rubber strips framed shower screen swing door. Does anyone have any idea? It is a black long rubber strip with circular cross-section and a short fin protruding out to prevent water from getting out.

Thank you

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I have visited quite a number of hardware stores including homefix and cannot find this rubber strips framed shower screen swing door. Does anyone have any idea? It is a black long rubber strip with circular cross-section and a short fin protruding out to prevent water from getting out.

Thank you

Hi, if your situation is the same as mine, the rubber strips of my kitchen toilet bi-fold door have dropped out cos they had hardened. From what I understand from my ID, you cannot buy these rubber strips from outside retailers cos they do not sell them in loose pieces. You either have to replace the whole door or have them `oiled'. To have it `oiled', it has to be done by a contractor and it needs to be done every six months. I forgot to ask how much to do it each time. I'm still thinking whether to replace the door or to do it half yearly......

Thank you

Are you refering to this ...... if yes, Home-Fix has it in 8mm or 10mm. For shower door, it's 10mm - $19.90. Length... forgot... I think it's 2 metres

img2399ul.jpg

Hi, I am using the same one for the bottom part.

In my pix - the piece curves into U shape (original is straight) due to constantly being 'bend' into that shape when you close the door (the U shape takes the width of the space/gap between the wall and the glass)

Hi there,

I know a rubber gasket manufacturer in Kallang, maybe they can help

u on this.

The company is Asia Buildtech Manufacturer.

But u need to bring the rubber down so they can produce to the dimension.

I am referring to the bottom piece of the shower screen.

Thanks for sharing.

dsc00091mj.jpg

dsc00092zg.jpg

Hi, just wondering if u have found e hardware sHop that sells those strip at e bottom? I am also looking for a replacement for the bottom and also on e swinging glass door as well...