Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wd88

Placement Of Sofas And Mirrors

I am now pondering the placement of my sofa before I proceed to buy them. I am initially comtemplating to place my 3 seater sofa as indicated in the left unit. However, I thought that this wasn't so good as the sofa has no backing and people will be walking behind the sofa from the main entrance.

Hence, option 2 came up.

As there is a 300 mm height difference between the living room and dining area, I thought perhaps I could shift the 3 seater to the side and place either 2 x 1 seater or a 2 seater in front of the TV.

http://img268.imageshack.us/f/livinganddiningareas.jpg/

Any views? Btw, I am also going to install a mirror at the dining area (indicated in yellow colour), comtemplating whether it should be full or half height. In addition, I intent to install them in 3 sections so that replacement can be in a smaller piece rather than a single piece if anything goes wrong. Would like to hear from the people here.

Rgds

WD

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I am now pondering the placement of my sofa before I proceed to buy them. I am initially comtemplating to place my 3 seater sofa as indicated in the left unit. However, I thought that this wasn't so good as the sofa has no backing and people will be walking behind the sofa from the main entrance.

Hence, option 2 came up.

As there is a 300 mm height difference between the living room and dining area, I thought perhaps I could shift the 3 seater to the side and place either 2 x 1 seater or a 2 seater in front of the TV.

Any views? Btw, I am also going to install a mirror at the dining area (indicated in yellow colour), comtemplating whether it should be full or half height. In addition, I intent to install them in 3 sections so that replacement can be in a smaller piece rather than a single piece if anything goes wrong. Would like to hear from the people here.

Rgds

WD

With backing yet can see main maintrance(overseeing incoming) is the best layout. Backing concept translates to modern term: always positioning youself side by side a "backer" who is "stronger" in term of power, $, knowledge, etc, is always right for time in needs.

Maximum length for mirror = 8ft, unless customised with machine lifting device- not so practical for indoor installation. Minimum height of mirror = level with dinner table's height, and all the way up to ceiling/false ceiling(max 6 ft, otherwise need to horizontally join). Horizontally join, personally feel not so nice. Always put "same number" of mirrors at L & R, if were to join vertically with the center piece. Avoid horizontal joining for mirrors, "image sight" no good - broken arms/legs/body/neck.

Edited by bepgof

With backing yet can see main maintrance(overseeing incoming) is the best layout. Backing concept translates to modern term: always positioning youself side by side a "backer" who is "stronger" in term of power, $, knowledge, etc, is always right for time in needs.

Maximum length for mirror = 8ft, unless customised with machine lifting device- not so practical for indoor installation. Minimum height of mirror = level with dinner table's height, and all the way up to ceiling/false ceiling(max 6 ft, otherwise need to horizontally join). Horizontally join, personally feel not so nice. Always put "same number" of mirrors at L & R, if were to join vertically with the center piece. Avoid horizontal joining for mirrors, "image sight" no good - broken arms/legs/body/neck.

U r very good! :D I will heed your advice when I need to select the mirror. Any lobang to recommend since I saw that u also have mirror facing the dininng table.

Cheers

Wd

U r very good! :D I will heed your advice when I need to select the mirror. Any lobang to recommend since I saw that u also have mirror facing the dininng table.

Cheers

Wd

Contractor by ID. Took long time to install/lots of adjustments for the L & R mirrors/small light weight, glue have not set, need some thing to press against for a few days till glue set.

Edited by bepgof

Contractor by ID. Took long time to install/lots of adjustments for the L & R mirrors/small light weight, glue have not set, need some thing to press against for a few days till glue set.

Bro, u r the MAN. Thanks for the tips.

This is the proposed layout by myself.

http://img96.imageshack.us/f/groundlevel.jpg/

Cheers

Wd88

Now, I hardly see household having round dining table. My eldest bro has one but only abt 3.5ft dia. "Round" is good-no beginning no ending, signifies good & long standing relationship.

This corner-terace seems "long" - same as those in Thomson's Sin Chew Walk. Look like will be quite stuffy in living & Kitchen. A friend of mine has one "long" in sin chew walk, knock down wall betwn wet & dry kichen. Sliding doors between living & pato. Tall ceiling of 2nd flr fixed with transparent windows (use bamboo stick to open & close! They forgot to use rc contriol)

Edited by bepgof

Now, I hardly see household having round dining table. My eldest bro has one but only abt 3.5ft dia. "Round" is good-no beginning no ending, signifies good & long standing relationship.

This corner-terace seems "long" - same as those in Thomson's Sin Chew Walk. Look like will be quite stuffy in living & Kitchen. A friend of mine has one "long" in sin chew walk, knock down wall betwn wet & dry kichen. Sliding doors between living & pato. Tall ceiling of 2nd flr fixed with transparent windows (use bamboo stick to open & close! They forgot to use rc contriol)

Begof

On top the table is an existing false ceiling which is also round in shape, so I got to stick with round table to mirror the false ceiling. Not much choice that I have and the round table is given to me by my mum..FOC.

I share the sentiment that the living room and dry kitchen are small in my opinion, I wish I would have more $$$$..heheh

Cheers

WD

An update to the Ground floor, 2nd floor and 3rd floor

Ground floor

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8185/fl...groundlevel.jpg

2nd floor

http://img842.imageshack.us/f/floorplannersecondlevel.jpg/

3rd floor

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/7536/fl...rthirdlevel.jpg

Edited by wd88