Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Leslyn Tan

Our Ea Pasir Ris - Piggy N Snake

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Is the fan A11YS??? Able to produce strong wind for your big LVR???

This is bo-bian... my living ceiling is lower than average HDB flat, and this is the one and only I can use in case I raise my hand standing up.

Hey!

Your place looks great!

And it shall be a source of inspiration for me, when I start my renovation.

I'm still pondering what kind of doors to get for my balcony.

it's 5m x 1.7m. The balcony door side is 5m long.

Initially, thinking of doing foldable wooden frames with glass panels - similar to what you have, which I think it looks really resort style.

but the high cost (i was quoted $4K) and the potential high maintenance (i'm staying in an EM, and the balcony is unsheltered)...

Can you share with me the cost of your balcony doors? what materials? and what length?

and so far, any issue? whether it's suitable for outdoor, and water/weather resistant?

Thanks!

Hey!

Your place looks great!

And it shall be a source of inspiration for me, when I start my renovation.

I'm still pondering what kind of doors to get for my balcony.

it's 5m x 1.7m. The balcony door side is 5m long.

Initially, thinking of doing foldable wooden frames with glass panels - similar to what you have, which I think it looks really resort style.

but the high cost (i was quoted $4K) and the potential high maintenance (i'm staying in an EM, and the balcony is unsheltered)...

Can you share with me the cost of your balcony doors? what materials? and what length?

and so far, any issue? whether it's suitable for outdoor, and water/weather resistant?

Thanks!

My balcony is 3.5m x 1.7m and its unsheltered as well. My dad instruct the maker to use the type of vanish for yacht deck.

The glass used is NOT tempered glass to cut cost, and its glued with silicon glue. My balcony area is extremely windy, and during rainy days the rain will spray right onto the door. So far it looks fine to me, but I've only shifted in for a fortnight. Cost wise, the quotation you get is the standard market price, which I'm paying. I may in future consider an outdoor roller blind to damper the rain spraying in.

My balcony is 3.5m x 1.7m and its unsheltered as well. My dad instruct the maker to use the type of vanish for yacht deck.

The glass used is NOT tempered glass to cut cost, and its glued with silicon glue. My balcony area is extremely windy, and during rainy days the rain will spray right onto the door. So far it looks fine to me, but I've only shifted in for a fortnight. Cost wise, the quotation you get is the standard market price, which I'm paying. I may in future consider an outdoor roller blind to damper the rain spraying in.

Hi, your house looks great as is your view! Just a small word of warning regarding untempered glass doors; a friend of mine had a really horrific accident a few years back requiring hospitalisation, a lot of painful glass splinter removal and stitches after he tripped and fell against his untempered glass door. The standard glass broke and really cut him badly both during the fall (he went through the door) and also when he landed on the glass shards. I would suggest that you might consider laminating your glass doors with a transparent decal on both sides or even patterned if you prefer to give you some measure of protection. Hope you don't take offense as I'm just trying to offer you some advice to keep you and yours safe.

Hi, your house looks great as is your view! Just a small word of warning regarding untempered glass doors; a friend of mine had a really horrific accident a few years back requiring hospitalisation, a lot of painful glass splinter removal and stitches after he tripped and fell against his untempered glass door. The standard glass broke and really cut him badly both during the fall (he went through the door) and also when he landed on the glass shards. I would suggest that you might consider laminating your glass doors with a transparent decal on both sides or even patterned if you prefer to give you some measure of protection. Hope you don't take offense as I'm just trying to offer you some advice to keep you and yours safe.

Thanks for your advise. My mbr balcony sliding glass door are tempered, while the ones with wooden frame at my main balcony are normal glass.

The folding door with tempered glass are too expensive for my budget :-(

Hi Leslyn

I like ur toilet bowl! what brand is this? and is it expensive?

Its Vera A011 purchase at Phenomenon.

Cost 488 with the sink as a package excluding GST. I won't recommend this one, as the flush is not powerful.

The one in my MBR toilet is a Velin 3390, cost 550(ex GST), its a better one.

==============

Hi Love the clock in your living room, may I know where you get it ?

Its a Seiko. I purchase it over the net as I'm too lazy to shop.

You should be able to buy one locally.

Edited by Eurypylus