Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misty

`kai Guan' For Guanyin

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh boy, you anyhow sian ?

Machine gun king & canon king is like that. Can't teach old dog new tricks, it just anyhow bark & bite.

Edited by godloveyou

burning joss stick and offering flower/fruit is to remind yourself nothing in 3d world is permanant

Don't anyhow sian.

These are meant to help facilitate devottees' "concentration" power into "空".

:jawdrop:

we live in 3d world

things that exist in the higher dimensions - 3d world cannot perceive

to the 3d world, no form = cannot see, smell, feel, taste, hear, hence without forms eg words, statue, scriptures, mantras, how to teach and pass on thinking to future generations?

burning joss stick and offering flower/fruit is to remind yourself nothing in 3d world is permanant

if u think its offering to 'good bros and sis' then is offering to 'good bros and sis'

if u think is offering to guanyin, then is offering to guanyin

if u think is to remind yourself nothing is permanent, then is to remind yourself nothing is permanent

buddhism does not encourage praying to forms - eg statue, paintings

Look like you got 慧根。Can become a monk liao.

无我,无念,无痴,无妄。

All is "空".

Don't need flowers and fruits to remind us that things aren't permanent.

Looking at our own reflection in the mirror everyday is good enough.

buddhism does not encourage praying to forms - eg statue, paintings

This thing puzzles me.

Why then do devotees offer joss-stick, flowers and light?

Without statue, looks like offering these to "good bros and sis".. you know what I mean?

hi all, i saw a guanyin which we kinda like cept for one detail. i dun see any eyeballs in the statue, it's just 1 slit which i suppose means the eyes are closed? or looking down? but no matter how small the statue is i can still see eyeballs in other statues. any ides if it's good to get it? :seeya:

hi misty....the 1 i m tokin is not puat jit buddhist temple....

the temple i m referring to is juz BESIDE a jigong temple....i do not hv the exact address of the buddhist temple but i know the exact address of jigong temple...the jigong temple is located at 67 anchorvale link...

Oh! Then I went to enquire at the wrong temple. :( Never mind, we went back to 竹林寺 to give our own date and we have settled on a date liao. Thanks all the same. I really appreciate all the advices I have been getting from this forum. At least not running around like a headless chicken.

But weird right? Not all house got deity mah. Then those house no deity one how? All white flying around? Better email master chang n ask him what is gg on

Yeah... weird for me but no one else has seen it leh and I am not the `sensitive' sort. I am taking the wait-and-see approach so I am thinking I should give it a couple of weeks, wait to `an' Guan Yin first then see if I still see white flashes. If still have, then I go ask Master Chang. Like I said in my earlier post, hair not standing so not worried YET.

Thanks, 8huat8! Ours is the Buddist way, don't burn joss stick. Erm... Anchorvale Link? Is it the temple that was shown on tv during CNY where it was super crowded? Is it called Puat Jit Buddist Temple?

hi misty....the 1 i m tokin is not puat jit buddhist temple....

the temple i m referring to is juz BESIDE a jigong temple....i do not hv the exact address of the buddhist temple but i know the exact address of jigong temple...the jigong temple is located at 67 anchorvale link...

Maybe that's why I am seeing flashes of white.

Trying to settle the Guan Yin `dot-eye' process but need for the day that was given which is still 2 weeks away.

But weird right? Not all house got deity mah. Then those house no deity one how? All white flying around? Better email master chang n ask him what is gg on

I think you better follow what this master chang told you quickly. Heard that if god not properly bless, can see things 'fly' around.

Maybe that's why I am seeing flashes of white.

Trying to settle the Guan Yin `dot-eye' process but need for the day that was given which is still 2 weeks away.

Wow! What flashes of white?

Hey... so drama hor... I see a patch of white quickly passing by on my side view. Saw it a couple of times but no hair standing.

Think most probably that I am tired with cleaning, unpacking, re-packing, doing liaison and World Cup fever. Now with World Cup over, most cleaning done and nearly finish unpacking, hopefully no more flashes of white....