Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nathan_stanly

Wardrobe From Ikea Or Customize?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hai all

is it better to buy a pax wardrobe from ikea or should i hire carpenter to make a similar one ?

how bout the price comparison?

thx

In general, I think pax wardrobe will cost less than a customized wardrobe. Having said that, I saw some pax wardrobes such as the pole system wardrobe at Ikea which are good and inexpensive. If you have specific requirements on size, materials and design of your wardrobe, then customized will be able to build to your wish. The cost of the wardrobe will vary according to your requirements. In terms of price, if your requirements are not very high, the difference in price could be about 20% to 30%.

Edited by leechaorui

Ikea is cheap only if you are planning to transport the materials and install the wardrobe yourself. If you are asking them to deliver and install, it may turn out to be the same price as a customized wardrobe.

If you intend to use the Stolemen pole system, try not to use their shelves as it's only particleboard that will sag over time.

Edited by curryqueen

it all depends on how you used you wardrobe. personaly i dont like pole system as it got gaps at side, restriction on things that i want to have. So i customised my wadrobe with drawers and shelving to my liking. but if you compare pole system with sliding door and customised wardrobe, the price for wardrobe is cheaper ( of course you have to get a direct carpenter to do).

cheers

I heard that OPSH Is having promotion also.. Might want to check out their website, www.opsh.com.sg for more information. It's doesn't hurts to know more right :)