Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Blue_rain

Home Sweet Home

Hmm... I am not sure if I got the time to finish my blog. But I will give it a try as I want to have such memory to be kept in record for future references. And most important is the guidance and advises from all seniors.

I have been reading and gaining a lot of information and ideas from Renotalk. Mine is a 4rm resale unit and has got my keys few weeks ago.

Searching for contractor is a very tiring job. Running here and there, repeating story again and again…. Comparing quotations received from IDs & contractors. I am not a fussy person. Most important is that the contractor is reliable. Read some terrible stories on contractors and my heart really goes to the affected owners.

Last Saturday, I managed to sign the contract with one contractor. The main reason why I signed with him is because he never demand a single cents from me. He said I only need to pay him once the whole renovation work is completed. NOT even require to place any deposit. Moreover, he owns a tiles company. This kinda of security is where I can’t find from other contractor. He is recommended by my Sis’ mil.

The contractor is a friendly uncle and has years of experience in renovation. I am not going to recommend him until I completed my renovation work.

Today is the kick off day of my renovation. So excited…

I will go and take a look after I end my work.

My renovation work is a major overhaul of my new house.

Total damage for the following: $30,800

 Hacking and clearing of rubbish

 Plastering the whole house

 Piping the whole house

 Wall & floor tiles for the whole house

 Painting the whole house

 Supply and change all doors

 Supply and install window & grills for the whole house

 Wrought iron gate

 Shower screen

 Etc.. (Wont b mentioning of small details)

Cabinet: $6,300

 Kitchen cabinet (Top & Bottom)

 Solid table top

 Master bedroom Cabinet

 Feature wall & TV console

Air-Con: $2,350

 Mitsubishi, System 3

Wiring: Estimated $2,000

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wah, first time i see no need to pay anything upfront... :D ...gd luck in your reno journey.

actually, this is the first time I heard no need any upfront payment. Quite surprised. But at least I feel very comfortable with him.

actually, this is the first time I heard no need any upfront payment. Quite surprised. But at least I feel very comfortable with him.

ya, chemistry / rapport does play a big part in id/contractor selection.

Went to my progressing new house directly after work yesterday. All hackings work has finished, waiting to clear the debris today. Not able to take photo cos the debris is all over the place. Not a single step I can move. So may be taking photo today after work. Hopefully all debris are cleared.

So nothing much to update..

Oh ya.. Btw, should I go for ceiling fan with light? What is the price range?

And one issue that bothering me is that my master bedroom's toilet is too narrow for me to build a basin vanity top. Is there other option I can have a smaller version of the basin vanity top with cabinet below. Please advise. TIA.

Went to my progressing new house directly after work yesterday. All hackings work has finished, waiting to clear the debris today. Not able to take photo cos the debris is all over the place. Not a single step I can move. So may be taking photo today after work. Hopefully all debris are cleared.

So nothing much to update..

Oh ya.. Btw, should I go for ceiling fan with light? What is the price range?

And one issue that bothering me is that my master bedroom's toilet is too narrow for me to build a basin vanity top. Is there other option I can have a smaller version of the basin vanity top with cabinet below. Please advise. TIA.

if u are able to show some pics on the space u hv there, maybe we can advise. if not, we cannot say anything...cos not correct later u headache.

wah, first time i see no need to pay anything upfront... :D ...gd luck in your reno journey.

My contractor did not asked for a single cent too. The first half of the payment was made after 50% of the renovation work is done. Now my house is almost done but the contractor has yet to ask me for the other 50%.

if u are able to show some pics on the space u hv there, maybe we can advise. if not, we cannot say anything...cos not correct later u headache.

thanks samgalz. I will upload my floorplan when I am at home cos now access to upload pictures website.

My contractor did not asked for a single cent too. The first half of the payment was made after 50% of the renovation work is done. Now my house is almost done but the contractor has yet to ask me for the other 50%.

hi maitena_baby,

I think this kinda of contractor who don't press consumers for $$$ give us a sense of security.

hi maitena_baby,

I think this kinda of contractor who don't press consumers for $$$ give us a sense of security.

yeah i totally agree with you. They trust us to fullfill what has been promised (payment) and we trust that they will give in their best into our renovation (their service) :good:

yeah i totally agree with you. They trust us to fullfill what has been promised (payment) and we trust that they will give in their best into our renovation (their service) :good:

Hi Maitena_Baby,

How's your renovation going on right now? Done?

Actually, my place is also located in Jurong West. But mine is a 4rm unit.

Not able to take any photo yesterday due to overuse of my Iphone til low bat.

But will like to share the progress of the work.

Its the 2nd day of renovation yesterday. All debris are almost cleared except those left in the kitchen.

Very prompt in their work.

Have just arrange to meet up with my contractor on Saturday to discuss the outlook of my kitchen cabinet and my master bedroom wardrobe. Looking forward to Saturday. Feeling extremely excited..hehe

Hi Maitena_Baby,

How's your renovation going on right now? Done?

Actually, my place is also located in Jurong West. But mine is a 4rm unit.

Hi Blue_rain,

My renovation is abt 80% - 90% complete. Only waiting for the kitchen cabinets to be up. Today citigas will be coming to install the stove piping.

Hope to drop by later and take some pictures :)

Which part of Jurong West are you? My block is very near to Pioneer Mall :)

Not able to take any photo yesterday due to overuse of my Iphone til low bat.

But will like to share the progress of the work.

Its the 2nd day of renovation yesterday. All debris are almost cleared except those left in the kitchen.

Very prompt in their work.

Have just arrange to meet up with my contractor on Saturday to discuss the outlook of my kitchen cabinet and my master bedroom wardrobe. Looking forward to Saturday. Feeling extremely excited..hehe

I know the feeling hehehe.. :dancingqueen:

Hi Blue_rain,

My renovation is abt 80% - 90% complete. Only waiting for the kitchen cabinets to be up. Today citigas will be coming to install the stove piping.

Hope to drop by later and take some pictures :)

Which part of Jurong West are you? My block is very near to Pioneer Mall :)

Hi Maitena_Rain,

My new unit is located at the old Jurong. In between of Chinese Garden & Lakeside MRT.

Seldom people will purchase the old unit but its near my parent place.