Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sanntan

4ng Bedok Reservoir Road

A bit late noticing your T-Blog but if the option is still there you might want to do what we have done with our buyers. As the family moving in is muslim and will be throwing away the hob and oven (only 3 years old) we offered to purchase them for half of what we originally paid (this would have to be an agreement to be carried out after completion to meet with HDB rules).

We get our oven and hob which we quite like for half the price of buying new, the buyer gets a bit more money towards their new hob and oven (if they also want an oven). The environment gets to see less wastage of items thrown away that are in good working order.

If the option is still open, why not suggest something similar and then you have a chunk of cash towards buying something new that may better match the kitchen you want.

Another common way to refresh a kitchen if you are ok with the layout would be to only change the cabinet doors (possibly the worktop and sink too). The cabinet carcass is a big cost for the kitchen. Changing only the doors could save a big chunk of cash in the kitchen reno. Wall cabinets can be taken down and rehung to allow changing splash back or wall tiles behind them.

Just a couple of ideas :)

RB

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
wooo edmund is able to take on your reno? :D

No, Edmund is too busy and he rejected me via email... Heh heh... Cry cry. But in the end we settled on Andy from Baroque D'zign. He seems to be a very patient and accommodating person, especially towards me and my brother who are very anal about how things are done and designed.

A bit late noticing your T-Blog but if the option is still there you might want to do what we have done with our buyers. As the family moving in is muslim and will be throwing away the hob and oven (only 3 years old) we offered to purchase them for half of what we originally paid (this would have to be an agreement to be carried out after completion to meet with HDB rules).

We get our oven and hob which we quite like for half the price of buying new, the buyer gets a bit more money towards their new hob and oven (if they also want an oven). The environment gets to see less wastage of items thrown away that are in good working order.

If the option is still open, why not suggest something similar and then you have a chunk of cash towards buying something new that may better match the kitchen you want.

Another common way to refresh a kitchen if you are ok with the layout would be to only change the cabinet doors (possibly the worktop and sink too). The cabinet carcass is a big cost for the kitchen. Changing only the doors could save a big chunk of cash in the kitchen reno. Wall cabinets can be taken down and rehung to allow changing splash back or wall tiles behind them.

Just a couple of ideas :)

RB

Hello and thanks for the input! I'm actually a Chinese family buying over a Muslim flat, so there are no issues and we are quite happy taking over their current hob/hood and inbuilt oven.

The biggest headache are the tiles in the kitchen behind the fridge to the cooking area. I want to get rid/hide the ugly white conventional tiles... So we have decided to lay a piece of tempered glass over the tiles there.

dscn4613j.jpg

I pretty like the cabinet doors too ^^

2nd appt coming up soon... And we got 99% of our shopping done! Left with the Ikea stuff to buy.

It was hard for us to find colored ceramic sinks, but we managed to get:

Baron brand small pink ceramic sink from GR Link @ $50

Claytan brand bigger blue ceramic sink from Poh Joo @ $42

Also, we bought:

GR Link - living room fan with lights and said above basin @ $340

Hoe Kee - toilet accessories excluding basins @ total $707

lightings.com.sg - storeroom, toilet lights plus a small dressing light

Samsung soundbar C450 from GainCity Expo sale @ $358

changed the laundry system to the retractable one so it's not so messy... from Tame as well. Just changed orders and they were more than happy to agree. $788

SOOO yup almost ready to move in now! Just waiting for updated drawings from ID. Looking forward to it.

;)

We wll have roughly the same 2nd appointment date and key collection date.

However, haven't confirmed which contractor to use... :bangwall:

Good luck! Seems a lot of people moving end-year... A lot of sales during this time.

Hello and thanks for the input! I'm actually a Chinese family buying over a Muslim flat, so there are no issues and we are quite happy taking over their current hob/hood and inbuilt oven.

Cool, if you are happy with them then why change.

The biggest headache are the tiles in the kitchen behind the fridge to the cooking area. I want to get rid/hide the ugly white conventional tiles... So we have decided to lay a piece of tempered glass over the tiles there.

I pretty like the cabinet doors too ^^

So the other options still there if you dislike the tiles would be to overlay tiles you like (no hacking) or to have your ID remove the cabinets and re-tile and then rehang the cabinets. It is not as easy fro the ID and contractors as smashing the kitchen apart but it can be do and should not be too difficult. Depends how much you hate the tiles and if you have a little extra budget for the ID to do this for you.

RB

New drawings!

shoe cabinet bigger!!

shoescabinet2.jpg

MBR wardrobe + insides

masterbedroomcopy.jpg

MBR study table cum dressing table cum book shelf... :) my favorite!

masterstudytablecopy.jpg

mum's room wardrobe + insides

bedroom2copy.jpg

and... the 'feature'! my brother's room.

bedroom3i.jpg

stay tuned for more updates in the coming week...

counting down to key collection...!

and bday on the 15th!

wow wow.. wait until neck very long right?? :lol: looks nice.. i seldom see id do 3d for inside of cabinet sia..

wow wow.. wait until neck very long right?? :lol: looks nice.. i seldom see id do 3d for inside of cabinet sia..

Yah I wait until my head falling off already!!! Omg. Really appreciate what he's doing for us... :)

Yah I wait until my head falling off already!!! Omg. Really appreciate what he's doing for us... :)

very nice! i especially like the red bedroom!

very nice! i especially like the red bedroom!

It's a very boy room... But my bro wants it to be as 'passionate' as possible. It's looking good huh? Now I starting to regret my blue room heh heh :bangwall:

It's a very boy room... But my bro wants it to be as 'passionate' as possible. It's looking good huh? Now I starting to regret my blue room heh heh :bangwall:

actually quite rare to see boy like red leh... you can still change the blue room right?

i prob going to do red wall bcos i have no headboard for bed. hehe...

actually quite rare to see boy like red leh... you can still change the blue room right?

i prob going to do red wall bcos i have no headboard for bed. hehe...

he's very into the fusion red/black/gray/white thing, so... let him lor. Heh heh.

Nah I prob won't be changing my blues. I like it... Very soothing color for me!

Hi guys! Sorry for the lack of update. Images will be coming up as soon as I get access to a computer. Renovation is going on, and we have done most of the buying part. Sad thing is, our current fridge which is still new (less than a year) will not be able to fit into the space for the washing machine. So we need to go and buy a new one.

I am also wanting to change the door knobs - they are rusty and loose... The price will be about $50 per lock, 3 doors. Main door will be $150.

Window grills have too many locks, one push lock above, the latch lock in the center, and one push lock below. I plan to remove the top and bottom locks, and change the latch locks. Cost is about $15 per lock, about 10 locks! Overall will be about... Maybe $500! :bangwall:

Now in the process of painting and doing the kitchen walls, and also fixing up the lights and air con! Will update again soon!