Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koxxic

Buying New From Hdb (dbss)

I see, thank you. Why developers for DBSS so desperate for payment like those pte condo? EC residents need to pay "extra money" when converting to Strata?

EC residents do NOT need to pay extra whn going private.

If you are referring to the recent case of HUDC residents paying when going private, the difference between EC and HUDC is that HUDC residents do not own the carparks and the public land that their "private" units sit on. So in order to go private, they will need to pay the govt the stated amount to buy over the carpark and such so that they can develop it or sell it to developers as a whole.

As for EC, they already own the carpark, pools, etc that are in their compound therefore no need to pay extra.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
In the end, still a HDB flat but need to follow pte rule just because it is built by pte developer. I think comparing DBSS and EC, i will go for EC. Smelly smelly must have 100k ~ 200k at least cash on hand if all your funds are locked at your property.

Contra facility is for people taking HDB loan.

Yes, you are right in saying that, except for nowadays EC selling price has already risen to the 700psf range, and not quite affordable to many.

In the end, still a HDB flat but need to follow pte rule just because it is built by pte developer. I think comparing DBSS and EC, i will go for EC. Smelly smelly must have 100k ~ 200k at least cash on hand if all your funds are locked at your property.

Contra facility is for people taking HDB loan.

i'm eligible for 2nd HDB loan leh..maybe I'll just pop by HDB to check out to be clearer.

I also understand there's 2 type of contra; one for resale market; the other for getting new homes (but dunno if it apply to DBSS)

i'm eligible for 2nd HDB loan leh..maybe I'll just pop by HDB to check out to be clearer.

I also understand there's 2 type of contra; one for resale market; the other for getting new homes (but dunno if it apply to DBSS)

Write HDB a tokong email abt this, then post here to let us know le.

Edited by bepgof