Aircon From Courts / Best / Hn / Gain City

Here is my quote from GC

panasonic Sys 3 Inverter- CU3S27KKZ $2499

S/S bracket - $150

Armflx 1/2" - $120

$300 NTUC voucher

Did not upgrade to extended warranty.

Hope this helps.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

FYI, I got a quotation from Gain City:-

System 3 Mitsubishi (30,000 BTU) - $2970

System 1 (non inverter) (24,000 BTU) - $1600

That's fine, but the installation and dismantling charges costs a a whopping $1600!!! Includes upgrade to 3/4 insulation as well as Grade 22 pipes.

Will keep you posted on installation when the time comes.

Yup. The quote was the same u mentioned above. Dismantle is $50 per unit. My ID is helping me for free though.

Anyway, Best Denki screwed up the price cos they gave me the price of the older model (MSXY3A28VA). But it's just $11 more. In the end, they absorbed it since the sales staff made the mistake. Anyway, the only difference is exterior look.

Installation is on next Thurs. Keep u updated on the work.

I just called Best Denki to arrange for a site survey, unfortunately apart from Fujitsu, all other air cond brands charge $30 for a site inspection. Also Best Denki is out of stock for the Mitsubishi system 1 i was looking for, so it looks like i might be going for gain city as they have been the most informative/helpful so far.

I really hope i dun kena bad experience like the other few users in the forum. @_@ Will post my quote when i get it

Patrick was a pretty nice guy right? By the way was your quotation inclusive of installation charges (+ piping and resealing etc)?

Sorry first timer myself so i have never heard of Fushion Installer.

GainCity salesperson came to inspect my place on Sunday and he was pretty informative. Hasn't given me a quote yet though.

Yup. The quote was the same u mentioned above. Dismantle is $50 per unit. My ID is helping me for free though.

Anyway, Best Denki screwed up the price cos they gave me the price of the older model (MSXY3A28VA). But it's just $11 more. In the end, they absorbed it since the sales staff made the mistake. Anyway, the only difference is exterior look.

Installation is on next Thurs. Keep u updated on the work.

I just bought the MXY3A28VA / MSXYGA10VA x3 @ $3137.24 including 5-year warranty from Best Denki @ Vivo City. Served by this Patrick guy too. Installation will be done by Fushion Installer. Anyone heard of them?

Patrick was a pretty nice guy right? By the way was your quotation inclusive of installation charges (+ piping and resealing etc)?

Sorry first timer myself so i have never heard of Fushion Installer.

GainCity salesperson came to inspect my place on Sunday and he was pretty informative. Hasn't given me a quote yet though.

I just bought the MXY3A28VA / MSXYGA10VA x3 @ $3137.24 including 5-year warranty from Best Denki @ Vivo City. Served by this Patrick guy too. Installation will be done by Fushion Installer. Anyone heard of them?

Hi guys,

I just got a quote from one air/con company for Mitsubishi Electric system 3 (M/N: MXY3A28/MSYGE10 x2 / MSYGE13). quote as follows:

To supply and install one set of “Mitsubishi Electric” 25,590BTU R410 multi split inverter $3,020.00

with standard one roll of G23 copper pipe not exceed 15m per fan coil unit, 1/2” thick Class “O” thermaflex insulation for indoor unit and Class “1” Insuflex black rubber insulation for outdoor unit, 16mm pvc pipe, pvc trunking, stainless steel bracket & cable

I saw in a few posts in the RT that price is lower (e.g. $200-$300) for the same model. $3020 is net price without any freebies.. Is it a reasonable price in your experience?

And.. saw that people usually get good deals (like rebate, vouchers) in electric fairs - is there any new fair coming up soon?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Are you comparing apple to apple... i.e., right down to insulation thickness, brand etc...?

Inferior insulation can give trouble.

Hi guys,

I just got a quote from one air/con company for Mitsubishi Electric system 3 (M/N: MXY3A28/MSYGE10 x2 / MSYGE13). quote as follows:

To supply and install one set of “Mitsubishi Electric” 25,590BTU R410 multi split inverter $3,020.00

with standard one roll of G23 copper pipe not exceed 15m per fan coil unit, 1/2” thick Class “O” thermaflex insulation for indoor unit and Class “1” Insuflex black rubber insulation for outdoor unit, 16mm pvc pipe, pvc trunking, stainless steel bracket & cable

I saw in a few posts in the RT that price is lower (e.g. $200-$300) for the same model. $3020 is net price without any freebies.. Is it a reasonable price in your experience?

And.. saw that people usually get good deals (like rebate, vouchers) in electric fairs - is there any new fair coming up soon?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

I bought my aircon from parisilk. They engaged a third party contractor to install for me and did quite a good job. The insulation they provided was also the better grade (where GC had to top up to get). The service and response from parisilk was also very good.

I went to Best Denki at Vivo last night, spoke to a guy named Patrick. He was quite helpful and informative. Between Mitsubishi and Fujitsu, he was recommending Fujitsu as being more value for money (it is abit cheaper but just as good, according to him. more research is needed on this).

To summarise the quotes i got below:-

Option 1

Mitsubishi System 3 (est. 28000 BTU) - $3188

Mitsubishi System 1 (est. 22000 BTU) - $2200

Option 2

Fujitsu System 3 (est. 28000 BTU) - $2899

Mitsubishi System 1 (est. 22000 BTU) -$2199

Both Options are 4 ticks. Above prices do not include the 8% rebate (and as Coyoteapple mentioned above, there is a further 2% rebate)

Basic installation charges are included, and there are no additional charges for piping length that are below 25 feet EACH pipe. Anything more than 25 Feet per piping will be chargeable, so you have to check if the length is enough for your rooms.

Brackets are $110 each. Powerpoints are $200 each.

However, dismantling charges (for those like me with existing air cons) is a case by case basis which requires Best Denki to view your property. Although he did mention that if you go for Fujitsu, the dismantling charges should be free. Existing brackets can also be reused so remember to tell the contracter that.

Will check out HN this weekend and keep you posted.

Are you referring to Mitsubishi Sys 3 Inverter? Is the model MXY3A28VA or MSXY3A28VA? The latter is an older model of the former, according to the sales staff. But he claimed there's no difference except for the exterior look. Can anyone verify this?

I went to Best Denki at Vivo last night, spoke to a guy named Patrick. He was quite helpful and informative. Between Mitsubishi and Fujitsu, he was recommending Fujitsu as being more value for money (it is abit cheaper but just as good, according to him. more research is needed on this).

To summarise the quotes i got below:-

Option 1

Mitsubishi System 3 (est. 28000 BTU) - $3188

Mitsubishi System 1 (est. 22000 BTU) - $2200

Option 2

Fujitsu System 3 (est. 28000 BTU) - $2899

Mitsubishi System 1 (est. 22000 BTU) -$2199

Both Options are 4 ticks. Above prices do not include the 8% rebate (and as Coyoteapple mentioned above, there is a further 2% rebate)

Basic installation charges are included, and there are no additional charges for piping length that are below 25 feet EACH pipe. Anything more than 25 Feet per piping will be chargeable, so you have to check if the length is enough for your rooms.

Brackets are $110 each. Powerpoints are $200 each.

However, dismantling charges (for those like me with existing air cons) is a case by case basis which requires Best Denki to view your property. Although he did mention that if you go for Fujitsu, the dismantling charges should be free. Existing brackets can also be reused so remember to tell the contracter that.

Will check out HN this weekend and keep you posted.

Edited by ochazuke

my 2cents:

GC is a big company with many installers, some get good ones some get bad ones.

So some say good service, some say bad service.

Very hard to say GC good or lousy, it really depends. The same goes for all air cond dealers who have more than 2 workers. :)

Even in renotalk, there may be real and unreal reviews posted by the company or their competitors. Most importantly is to arm yourself with some knowledge and supervise closely so that you would know if they are trying to cut corners.

Thanks for the tips! My contractor's air con guy only accepts full payment (40% then 60%), so that's why im looking at these other alternative places.

I just checked with CoolServe, they only accept cash or cheque, and don't offer credit card / instalment plans. They also don't do extended warranties.

I'll be going down to also check out Harvey Norman and Best Denki this weekend to see what kind of offers they have.

FYI, Best Denki offers 8% instant discount off their inverters. But do note that their prices are marked up higher so that after this discount, the price is still about the same as HN or Courts. The good news is, their 5-year extended warranty is only @ 7% of the total cost. This is definitely cheaper than most stores. On top of that, there's also a 2% rebate in terms of voucher. But you can only use it in the next month.

Eg:

For an inverter with a price tag of $3000, you pay $2760 for it. Pay another $210 for 5-year extended warranty and also get a $60 voucher next month.

All these are applicable only for their OCBC Best Platinum Card.

Let me know about HN's offer at the moment. They don't have any aircon available during the recent HN Expo Sale.