Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
devion23

Led Downlights

Have anybody tried using LED downlights? I seen several types of LED lightings sold in Sim Lim tower as well as JB.

They are rated at 3W to 6W & the ones that I was looking at is the screw on type....replaces existing energy saving bulbs.

They do look bright when I view them installed into a downlight casing....but quite difficult to compare with all the ambient lights.

Cost I got was RM35 for a 3W model in JB & $25 for a 6W model in Sim Lim tower.

It will definitely be saving energy when replace with existing 18Wx2 lights in a downlight. However am not sure how long the LED bulbs would last.

brightness also not sure whether is adequate enough....unless I purchase & make comparisons in my home.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Have anybody tried using LED downlights? I seen several types of LED lightings sold in Sim Lim tower as well as JB.

They are rated at 3W to 6W & the ones that I was looking at is the screw on type....replaces existing energy saving bulbs.

They do look bright when I view them installed into a downlight casing....but quite difficult to compare with all the ambient lights.

Cost I got was RM35 for a 3W model in JB & $25 for a 6W model in Sim Lim tower.

It will definitely be saving energy when replace with existing 18Wx2 lights in a downlight. However am not sure how long the LED bulbs would last.

brightness also not sure whether is adequate enough....unless I purchase & make comparisons in my home.

Hi there, I dont think you can install those 3-6watt led bulbs into the 2 x18W downlights. The 2 x 18W uses a PLC type, whereas the retrofit led bulbs uses a e27 screw or MR16 type of connection. If you do find led replacement type for PLC do let me know.

there is those 8w LED which is PLC type and you can do a direct conversion. Just plug in to your existing down light....

my last quote was @ SGD28/pc and they factory mention that it comes with 3yrs warranty....not sure if i should convert all my house with LED

Are we able to do a direct replacement for MR16 round Halogen lights with the MR16 LED lights?

Just a thought :unsure:

Yup direct replacement possible. But if you google there is some warning that low wattage LED may not be compatible with electronic transformer because of low wattage. The solution, if you're worried, is to buy transformer+MR16 at the same shop.

But if you already have MR16 fixture and don't know whether transformer compatible, you can improve your chances by using an LED MR16 with higher wattage. Here are 7w Philips MR16 LED:

Lights%20Philips%20MR16%207w%20web.jpg

With high wattage (if you run 7w x 3 = 21w, virtually all regular 12v transformers are compatible)

Yup direct replacement possible. But if you google there is some warning that low wattage LED may not be compatible with electronic transformer because of low wattage. The solution, if you're worried, is to buy transformer+MR16 at the same shop.

But if you already have MR16 fixture and don't know whether transformer compatible, you can improve your chances by using an LED MR16 with higher wattage. Here are 7w Philips MR16 LED:

Lights%20Philips%20MR16%207w%20web.jpg

With high wattage (if you run 7w x 3 = 21w, virtually all regular 12v transformers are compatible)

Are these available in SGP?