Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
valkilmer

What Is Acid Wash?

hi guys, do u all know what acid wash is? cos my contractor charges me $150 for it. i wanna try to do it myself. you all know where i can buy this "acid"?

thks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Well, usually acid wash consist of using strong chemical solution to wash and clean your flooring. The chemical are able to remove stubborn stains better. The price is around $100-$150 so i think you can bargain with your contractor.

I'm not sure where you can buy these acid/chemical though but a cheaper alternative would be to use bleach or soft scrub (for kitchen) on your ceramic tiles. For wooden flooring, i heard those car wash with wax is pretty good and can give them some shine.

hi guys, do u all know what acid wash is? cos my contractor charges me $150 for it. i wanna try to do it myself. you all know where i can buy this "acid"?

thks!

think corrosive liquids like acid are controlled items and cannot be purchased off the shelf...

Well, usually acid wash consist of using strong chemical solution to wash and clean your flooring. The chemical are able to remove stubborn stains better. The price is around $100-$150 so i think you can bargain with your contractor.

I'm not sure where you can buy these acid/chemical though but a cheaper alternative would be to use bleach or soft scrub (for kitchen) on your ceramic tiles. For wooden flooring, i heard those car wash with wax is pretty good and can give them some shine.

is this 150sgd for a full unit ? im planning for the acid Wash for my 5 Room Flat(110 sqm). How much will be the charges ?

thks!

Personally, I feel that you shouldn't save on this amount. To do acid wash on your own and having the possibility of ruining the flooring is too risky.

Ask yourself this: how much did you pay for your flooring? Is it worth the risk?

$150 is alright. It will save your trouble and minimize the risk. And if anything happened, you don't have to take responsibility.

Just my two-cents' worth.

Personally, I feel that you shouldn't save on this amount. To do acid wash on your own and having the possibility of ruining the flooring is too risky.

Ask yourself this: how much did you pay for your flooring? Is it worth the risk?

$150 is alright. It will save your trouble and minimize the risk. And if anything happened, you don't have to take responsibility.

Just my two-cents' worth.

Does anyone have a contact for acid washing?

My contractor wants to charge me 250 for acid wash, im thinking of dropping it from his contract and getting someone 100-150 bucks to do it. It's only a very small area (Kitchen + toilets) as the rest of my house is laminate flooring.

Can anyone advise?

My contractor wants to charge me 250 for acid wash, im thinking of dropping it from his contract and getting someone 100-150 bucks to do it. It's only a very small area (Kitchen + toilets) as the rest of my house is laminate flooring.

Can anyone advise?

Can buy from Sheng Siong or NTUC, abt $3~$5, depending on cc. Usually in brown bottle, but I bought & used those fat translucent container. It is HCL, not H2SO4.

Avoid on "natural stones" like granite & marble. Avoid metals like copper pipe, ss pipes, sinks, aluminium.

Pour a few bottles into a bigger pail and dilute it a bit, standby a pail with water for just in case got into eye. Can use already lot. Avoid using coconut brush, use tools made of plastic.....

Edited by bepgof

Can anyone advise?

Hi There, please PM the $150 contact let me try their Service and revert result to you.

The Cleaner usually come with 2 person, they will usually clear off the left over debris to one corner before acid washing,

this work will take a day to complete and their charges are around $200-$250.

Hi There, please PM the $150 contact let me try their Service and revert result to you.

The Cleaner usually come with 2 person, they will usually clear off the left over debris to one corner before acid washing,

this work will take a day to complete and their charges are around $200-$250.

Hi, can you also pm ME/ or post the contact no ?