Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue8179

Preciuos Moment @ 5a, Woodlands

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Is your renovation work finished and you have moved in to your comfy home?

Mind to share how much is the renovation cost since you engage a contractor instead of ID?

Is your renovation work finished and you have moved in to your comfy home?

Mind to share how much is the renovation cost since you engage a contractor instead of ID?

Hi Yumiko,

My reno is done and moved in for 1 week already. Busy to unpack right now.. Will upload more photo once I settled down.. :)

Renovation cost from 3 different contractor for the whole reno:-

1) Main contractor - hacking, wet works (tiling for bathroom, kitchen, living, & 2 bedrooms / parquet flooring @ MBR, WIW & study room)

- false ceiling, door & door frame, plastering, , painting, plumbing, glass/ mirror/partial window - $37520

2) Rewiring - $3259

3) Carpentry - $9990 (Shoe cabinet, store door w/ mirror, altar table, kitchen cabinet, tv console for living & MBR, bedside table & half height cabinet @ MBR)

I’m not sure can save lots or not... Decided to go for contractor is because we already know what we need and we prefer to sketch our 1st home by our self :P

How is your progress? Wish you enjoy and all the best to you!

Edited by blue8179

Hi blue8179

I'm looking for a good carpenter, do you mind share the review on the carpenter you engaged?

How's the quality & workmanship?

Can you share some pictures on the carpentry items done?

tks!

Hi Yumiko,

My reno is done and moved in for 1 week already. Busy to unpack right now.. Will upload more photo once I settled down.. :)

Renovation cost from 3 different contractor for the whole reno:-

1) Main contractor - hacking, wet works (tiling for bathroom, kitchen, living, & 2 bedrooms / parquet flooring @ MBR, WIW & study room)

- false ceiling, door & door frame, plastering, , painting, plumbing, glass/ mirror/partial window - $37520

2) Rewiring - $3259

3) Carpentry - $9990 (Shoe cabinet, store door w/ mirror, altar table, kitchen cabinet, tv console for living & MBR, bedside table & half height cabinet @ MBR)

I’m not sure can save lots or not... Decided to go for contractor is because we already know what we need and we prefer to sketch our 1st home by our self :P

How is your progress? Wish you enjoy and all the best to you!

Hi Blue

Its nice to hear that you are staying in ur newly and comfy nest now. Congratulationss...

I know what I want too, but I do not have much time to coordinate with the contractors if I were to do it separately. So, I have decided to let the ID to handle everything...not started yet cus the second appointment will be the beginning of November. Cant wait for the day to come!

Is this your sketch? you are very good in designing then. Your false ceiling can fight with the professional ID. double thumb up!

Keep us posted, OK?

You have any carpentry quote so far?

My ID quote me $230/ft for wardrobe and console. $150/ft for feature wall.

Edited by steelze

Hi blue8179

I'm looking for a good carpenter, do you mind share the review on the carpenter you engaged?

tks!

Yo blue8179 and singabox, i'm also looking for the carpenter for my reno in Dec'10. I have this contractor who provides carpentry too. But he said he doesnt wanna do our business unless we let him do the whole house. -_-! He said carpentry must be done together with the whole reno. If not, very difficult to coordinate. True meh? or he's smoking me.

Anyway blue8179, i felt sorry for you lah bro. Contractors always like that. Initial stage very responsive and sui sui. But during reno, all changed face. My current ID also everything also ok ok. Looking from your experience, i better ask him to record down black and white every single details (e.g. tile model, laminate code, paint colour) in the contract before i sign.

Hi Blue8179,

Nice & cozy place you've got.

Can i know how much you've bought ur L-shape sofa and Queen size divan?

Are they both from JB or isit only the sofa?

Edited by mich clare

Hi Yummy,

Yes. Hubby and me love blue color. haha.

You can refer to http://www.guccaitaly.com

There are two shops in JB which located at Taman Johor Jaya and Taman Molek.

They did charge for transport & gst if purchase less than RM5000. Purchase above RM5000 transport fee will be waive. Cheers.

Thanks for the website Blue :)

the furniture looks really good.. wonder if its costly?

if u don't mind, how much did ur purchase come up to?

thanks again :)

Hi blue8179

tks!

Hi Singabox,

The carpenter is from JB. Let me share a bit here then u rate it urself...

Appointment for carpentry measurement by 10 sept (Fri) morning. Wait till 4pm still didn’t turn up so we called and he said will come about 7pm. Measurement done and we proceed to confirm the details on 13 Sept (Mon). He said carpentry works take 2 weeks time. Due to we are having main-con for our major reno so I inform him that will let him know the actual available date for installation.

16 Sept (Thu) - We manage to get confirmation from my main-con date of carpentry installation can be on 27 Sept. So we inform carpenter about that. But he said he is fully booked already for 27 Sept onwards and only be free by 3rd Oct. Not happy with it coz that time I thought 2 weeks after confirmation of detail should be around 27 Sept or at least end of Sept. Told him we want to move in by 10 Oct. Lastly he promise to install by 1st Oct. We have no choice so accepted.

Day 1 (1st Oct – Fri) :

Kitchen bottom cabinet, shoe cabinet, altar table, tv console for living and MBR all done w/o doors. I satisfied with the progress and he said will be finish within 3 days which is Fri, Mon & Tue. Only left kitchen top cabinet, bedside table, half height cabinet @ MBR & all doors to be continue.

Mistakes :

1) tv feature @ MBR is too high so request to lower down

2) Inaccurate measurement for the full height tv console cabinet @ MBR

3) Incorrect laminate for the open shelving of shoe cabinet

4) A big gap (10x10cm) at the bottom kitchen cabinet due to the inaccurate measurement as well

Day 2 (3rd Oct – Mon) :

No one turn up…Called and ask…Carpenter said they are rushing some doors for my house so will come up by the following day and will finish all on that day too. Feel irresponsible attitude coz never inform us earlier. Luckily hubby applied leave for day 3 only :P

Day 3 (4th Oct – Tue) :

Continue all the items but cant finish it on that day… All cabinet w/o doors except kitchen bottom cabinet.

Mistakes :

1) Incorrect laminate for the kitchen bottom cabinet’s door. *Should be white color instead of black color.

2) Incorrect laminate for the flip up panel of half height cabinet @ MBR. * Should be black instead of white color....

They said will come back by following day to finish the job…

Day 4 (5th Oct – Wed) :

Missing again so we called and he said all door for kitchen bottom cabinet need to redo so cant come to install today and need to delay till 11 Oct (Mon). Remind him again the date of move in then he said will try….

8th Oct 11pm received his call and mention will come to install all the doors and rectify all the mistake by 9th Oct. Happy that he willing to make it before we move in but worry he cmi again.

All the items successfully fix on 9th Oct. Yeah!!!

So, in terms of quality & workmanship will leave for you to judge....

Will post the carpentry work soon...

Edited by blue8179

Hi Blue

Its nice to hear that you are staying in ur newly and comfy nest now. Congratulationss...

I know what I want too, but I do not have much time to coordinate with the contractors if I were to do it separately. So, I have decided to let the ID to handle everything...not started yet cus the second appointment will be the beginning of November. Cant wait for the day to come!

Is this your sketch? you are very good in designing then. Your false ceiling can fight with the professional ID. double thumb up!

Keep us posted, OK?

Hi Yumiko,

Thanks. I do browse through quite a lots of magazine to get ideas :P

Understand the “cant wait” feeling. I used to “cant wait” too :)

You have any carpentry quote so far?

My ID quote me $230/ft for wardrobe and console. $150/ft for feature wall.

Hi Steelze,

I used pole system for my wardrobe so not sure about the price. For console is a bit expensive if $230/ft?? Full height console? Feature wall is hard to judge...depend on design and material...

Hi Blue8179,

Nice & cozy place you've got.

Can i know how much you've bought ur L-shape sofa and Queen size divan?

Are they both from JB or isit only the sofa?

Hi Mich Clare,

Sofa should be about RM3300 and the queen size divan bedframe w/o headboard is about RM600 if I'm not wrong. Let me check for you tonight.

Both are from jb but different furniture shop..

Thanks for the website Blue :)

the furniture looks really good.. wonder if its costly?

if u don't mind, how much did ur purchase come up to?

thanks again :)

Hi Yummy,

U r welcome. Btw, will check the price tonight and let you know..

Hi Mich Clare & Yummy,

My L-shaped sofa is RM3350, black color settee is RM399 & coffee table is RM999.

Mich Clare : queen size divan bedframe is RM490 w/o headboard & RM690 w/ headboard (Just a simple divan bedframe) :)

Wish you all enjoy your shopping.

Edited by blue8179